No Weapon Swap and no Normal Burst Skills is kinda alot of restrictions huh?

DanAlcedo.3281

Positives:

• It looks cool

Negativs:

• No Weapon Swap
  • No Normal Burst
  • Forced to play a Weapon (Gunsaber)
  • All cool new stuff is gated behind staying in place for 5s.
  • Whats the point of Ammo synergy when we dont have Kill Shot and Rifle is still a terrible weapon?
  • What is that Spec even for?

Rev and Ele got some awesome stuff. Warrior got.....

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

17 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Positives:

• It looks cool

Negativs:

• No Weapon Swap
  • No Normal Burst
  • Whats the point of Ammo synergy when we dont have Kill Shot and Rifle is still a terrible weapon?

Rev got an open world spec. Maybe this warr spec isnt for pvp. Spb was primarily a pvp spec.

• Like 1

It does look awesome. And the lack of variety does screw the espec somewhat.

17 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

No Weapon Swap

I don't know why they did that. For other classes, it makes sense. They have enough sustain, utilities and skills to warrant lacking a weapon swap or having a long cooldown on swapping. While we on the other hand, need to swap weapons because of the lack of things other classes have access to.

15 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Forced to play a Weapon (Gunsaber)

No matter what build you use with Bladesworn, you have to equip the Gunsaber. It's a crazy proposition.

26 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Whats the point of Ammo synergy when we dont have Kill Shot and Rifle is still a terrible weapon?

That's the most tragic part. Our weapons skills that have ammo belong in the recycle bin. Admittedly, Axe 3 skill [Axe Throw] hits deceptively hard. Our 2 handed weapon skills with ammo however, gets a resounding boooo 👎🏽.

With all that said, I'll have to wait for the beta. Bladesworn could be so fun that I forget all of our warrior troubles. I doubt it but you never know.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

I don't know why they did that. For other classes, it makes sense. They have enough sustain, utilities and skills to warrant lacking a weapon swap or having a long cooldown on swapping. While we on the other hand, need to swap weapons because of the lack of things other classes have access to.

The Gunsabre is a weapon and switching to gunsabre has all the benefits of switching to another weapon and it has the exact same cooldown of weapon swap. You still have 2 weapons sets, but in combat you only have the weapon set you entered combat with alongside gunsabre. 

2 hours ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

That's the most tragic part. Our weapons skills that have ammo belong in the recycle bin. Admittedly, Axe 3 skill [Axe Throw] hits deceptively hard. Our 2 handed weapon skills with ammo however, gets a resounding boooo 👎🏽.

And that is why you are getting pistol. It has ammo skills and pair nicely with Axe and Sword as mainhand. You don't have to use rifle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Nezekan.2671 said:

I am not even gonna take the OP seriously, because willbender and Virtuoso exist. This complaint is invalid and not worthy of consideration. Warrior won the jackpot of elite specs.

What jackpot?

Willbender and Virtuoso fill in niches for the classes.

Bladesworn does not. 

We get lots of downsides again for what exactly? Standing still for 5s so we can Oneshot people which will get nerfed into oblivion like Berzerker?

What does Bladesworn even do?

Its not Power dps as it has only 1 trait for dmg increase.

Its not Condi.

Its not support.

Its not even good for PvP/WvW as we already have Spellbreaker for it.

I dont even see a reason to use it against Worldbosses.

For me, Bladesworn is the worst Elite Spec form EoD so far. It has literally no reason to exist.

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 2
  • Confused 8

10 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

What jackpot?

Bladesworn does not. 

We get lots of downsides again for what exactly? Standing still for 5s so we can Oneshot people which will get nerfed into oblivion like Berzerker?

Its not Condi.

Its not support.

For me, Bladesworn is the worst Elite Spec form EoD so far. It has literally no reason to exist.

The more you post, the more I believe you are clueless.

Virtuoso has no "niche". Blades are vastly inferior to clones and shatters. They have a cast animation, they are projectiles and they are single target instead of aoe.

Virtuoso traits have no synergy with core mesmer traits.

Remember when Kal said "we went back and reworked every adrenaline trait to with flow"? They did not do that for Virtuoso.

Dagger is a horrendous weapon.

Virtuoso can only do power, its condi traits are absolutely useless.

Virtuoso is 100% projectile class and has no place in WvW.

The gunsabre is an actual weapon with 5 skills. It has mobility, its fast, and it cleaves. The slow mechanic where you have to stand still is your F2. Gunsabre is an independent weapon that has 5 skills that do not require you to stand still.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

* No Weapon Swap

You have a good weapon. 

* No Normal Burst

Yes this is a bit of a problem, but it's better than being too vanilla. 

* All cool new stuff is gated behind staying in place for 5s.

Not really, you can use your skills on 1 charge for mobility or interrupt or you can blink in Z axis etc. 

* Whats the point of Ammo synergy when we dont have Kill Shot and Rifle is still a terrible weapon?

Shouts and pistol 5, but rifle needs buffs yes. 

Edited by Tayga.3192
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

I LOVE the Samurai feel because it's something I always wanted in this game as a Samurai/Katana fanatic. 

BUT. A big part of the appeal of Warrior for me is that I could come up with a skin theme that let me change my whole look and all the weapons and skills just go with whatever I come up with. Like with Spellbreaker I have a magical theme with all Lorekeeper weapons, spellbinder or whatever it's called back and glider, and an all gold heavy armor look. And could go with a full nature Maguuma look and could make it work too. But with Bladesworn I can't change the look of the freakin' gunblade thing to suit my tastes. Even if I liked what I saw with the gameplay that's probably going to keep me from bothering with the spec. 

So uh. Yeah. Spec looks cool to me otherwise. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Never in my life have I gone faster from 100 to 0 than this elite spec.

It looks cool only because CMC played with cooldowns off. If you actually look at the tooltips gunblade's cooldowns are terrible.

Its skills aren't that impressive to warrant loss of your weapon and loss of bursts. Big numbers are achieved under extreme amount of boons and you only get to sit there and do nothing. Exciting gameplay... 

Now contrast that to Rev who got:

1. 10 new utilities

2. and you get to flip to the ones you want

3. And you can swap to other legends

4 AND swap weapons

5. AAAAND Ridiculous new dodge

EDIT: And Warrior is STILL not moving away from Discipline! lol

Edited by Zergs.9715
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

The weapon swap thing is a big concern. Is it really needed?  Ele and Engi don't swap weapons, but they have extra kits to play around with(even though some are sucky) , so the no swap thing makes sense for them. Warrior works kind of like Necro and necro has 3 weapon bundles and doesn't seem to have weapon skill creep.
The deal breaker here will be for SPVP if you are locked into one set per match like engi or ele or per fight. If it is per fight it might be OK, but if it is per game it will definitely be bad. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

What jackpot?

Bladesworn does not. 

Its not Condi.

Its not support.

Tell me what niche does virtuosi fulfill?

In PvE full dps classes with 0 utility such as virtuoso are list valuable. Only outperforms dps chrono on large hitbox. 

WvW useless. 

PvP useless. 

5 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Positives:

• It looks cool

Negativs:

• No Weapon Swap
  • No Normal Burst

Rev and Ele got some awesome stuff. Warrior got....

Ele doesn't look too hot either since it has low defensives on hammer. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, McPero.3287 said:

Tell me what niche does virtuosi fulfill?

In PvE full dps classes with 0 utility such as virtuoso are list valuable. Only outperforms dps chrono on large hitbox. 

WvW useless. 

PvP useless. 

Ele doesn't look too hot either since it has low defensives on hammer. 

PvP yeah I agree. WvW tho? All they need is to listen to the changes proposed for virtuoso and it may actually have a spot there. 

Mass immob (if it lasts longer and pulses twice) alongside a decent AoE attack, with domination stripping traited (not unlike a minstrel chrono) creates a unique dps variant for zerging which mesmer has lacked. Staff Boonshare Mirage is even more niche than virtuoso imo and I believe that with some adjustments it can work better in WvW than it does now. 

This warrior spec brings an AoE projectile block, OK sure, better have WoR core guards or DH, some immob which will get cleansed to oblivion (this counts for virtuoso as well but virtuoso has a better AoE skill for it) and the Saber which needs an awful lot of charging to do any dmg in zergs and it roots you in a superspeed/quickness meta.. Ask hammer 3 revs and meteor shower eles how they feel about big dmg roots..

In any case we must simply ask for improvements in all specs and I must try out bladesworn extensively to see how to work around it's issues.

• Confused 1

I just concerned about the amount of selfroot here. Warrior is known to not have much evade/invul/etc2.

Like they haven't fix GS2 (100B) and they already give another selfroot.

I wish the 3rd Grandmaster trait [Daring Dragon]: Dragon Slash has a lower maximum charge level but reenters Dragon Trigger if you can pay the flow cost. changed into Lower maximum Charge Level but you can move around when on dragon trigger.

So that is a trade off some max damage from 10 charge to 5 charge in order to be able to move/walk/run during dragon trigger.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I guess the answer there is Anet thought this would be easier to balance on the class with the most weapons. It seems like that's all about making it easier for them than to have to worry about all the weapons. If you think back to Soulbeast when it had pet swap, they played up entering beast mode, doing the skills, exiting, switching pets, entering beast mode again, to get the most damage. Well that's gone now lol.

They play up the Gunblade as being as good as a new weapon but it's not like you can select stats on it, or change the skin, or change out the sigils. The weapon variety is really what makes a warrior a warrior though so, I think this is a cool, I'm just very skeptical that it was the right choice to limit it to one weapon set. 

9 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Positives:

• It looks cool

Negativs:

• No Weapon Swap
  • No Normal Burst

I agree except the no weapon swap and being forced to use gun Saber. If it works as I understand it to u do technically have weapon swap if gunsaber is treated like another fully fledged weapon as u can weapon swap between it and ur weapon set u have equipped when starting combat so u technically still have full 2 weapon sets. The way I look at it is bladesworn has 3 weapon sets out of combat and 2 when in combat, but one always has to be the funsaber.

That leads me to the always having to use funsaber, isn't the point of using the spec is to use the Saber?

The thing that worries me the most is the really long cds they gave Saber, why are they so darn long?

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

I agree except the no weapon swap and being forced to use gun Saber. If it works as I understand it to u do technically have weapon swap if gunsaber is treated like another fully fledged weapon as u can weapon swap between it and ur weapon set u have equipped when starting combat so u technically still have full 2 weapon sets. The way I look at it is bladesworn has 3 weapon sets out of combat and 2 when in combat, but one always has to be the funsaber.

That leads me to the always having to use funsaber, isn't the point of using the spec is to use the Saber?

The thing that worries me the most is the really long cds they gave Saber, why are they so darn long?

Lol at funsaber. Showing your cards much? The CDs are that length because of the elite. Cal said so.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, voltaicbore.8012 said:

No reskin on gunsaber = not playing the spec. It's atrocious.

This is literally my only complaint (thus far) with the espec. Sort of reminds me of the “hobosack” issue that engineers complained about early in the game’s life. It would be great if they could allow for transmutation on some level.

• Like 1