No Weapon Swap and no Normal Burst Skills is kinda alot of restrictions huh?

DanAlcedo.3281

It kind of feels like adding the elite spec on top of war in its current state is already adding restrictions to the spec. Without removing bursts/2nd weapon set.

As for the whateversaber being a fully fledged weapon, will it also have sigils? And will your only weapon set sigils trigger when switching back? Surely yes?

On 9/18/2021 at 2:41 PM, Hotride.2187 said:

It kind of feels like adding the elite spec on top of war in its current state is already adding restrictions to the spec. Without removing bursts/2nd weapon set.

As for the whateversaber being a fully fledged weapon, will it also have sigils? And will your only weapon set sigils trigger when switching back? Surely yes?

If it doesn't it's 100% a bug and should go in the bug report thread that'll come with the beta.  Every other class's equivalent to Gunsaber triggers Weapon Swap sigils and traits.  All weapon swap traits like fast hands will apply to Bladesworn swapping into Gunsaber.

On weapon swap[edit]

These sigils activate whenever you weapon swap during combat to a set that includes the sigil; this includes changing elementalist attunements, legend swap, entering death shroud, equipping/stowing engineering kits, as well as Engage/Disengage Photon Forge, or dropping a bundle. There is an internal cooldown of nine seconds.

Edited by mortrialus.3062
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Pati.2438 said:

That no weaponsweap and no burst skills made sence since:

1.That gunsword is the second weapon set allready

2. Litterly everysingle skill of the gunsword is working like a burst skill

They aren't a burst skill just the first 3 dragon triggers are bursts, which you can only burst when you're in the gunblade.  So all your normal weapons lost their burst skills. So if you need to burst and you just swapped to your normal weapon you have another 5-10 seconds of waiting before you can swap back to the gunblade and then you can spend 5 more seconds stationary charging the dragon trigger if you want to do full damage.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

The weapon swap thing is a big concern. Is it really needed?  Ele and Engi don't swap weapons, but they have extra kits to play around with(even though some are sucky) , so the no swap thing makes sense for them. Warrior works kind of like Necro and necro has 3 weapon bundles and doesn't seem to have weapon skill creep.
The deal breaker here will be for SPVP if you are locked into one set per match like engi or ele or per fight. If it is per fight it might be OK, but if it is per game it will definitely be bad. 

At the start of the PvP match, you will be locked into the weapon set you chose.

It works the same for engineer. We can swap weapons outside of combat, but are locked into our weapon set once the PvP match starts. Bladesworn now gets the same treatment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aaron.1294 said:

@Red Haired Savage.5430u don't have to swap to gunblade to have access to bursts

Yes you do the dragon trigger had a padlock when he was on normal weapons.
https://youtu.be/fSOtfivjD98?t=3080

18 minutes ago, crewthief.8649 said:

The Dragon Trigger dash skill should proc our on-burst traits, right? That might be kinda nice…

The first three skills on the dragon trigger displayed burst mechanics (stacks of berserker's power) and whatnot the other 2 didn't show that.

Edited by Red Haired Savage.5430

4 minutes ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

Yes you do the dragon trigger had a padlock when he was on normal weapons.
https://youtu.be/fSOtfivjD98?t=3080

The first three skills on the dragon trigger displayed burst mechanics (stacks of berserker's power and whatnot the other 2 didn't show that).

So that should be a yes then. I think the dash was skill #2. 

Ngl uptoo this point all the trade offs have been super high. And likely too high currently. So it's beta will likely be weak AF like the last 3

We will have to see how EoD elites progress to see if their gonna be any good or not. As currently PoF speccs are just so much stronger. 

But still gunsaber looks awesome. 

As far as I understand the Dragon Stance is the weapon swap and replaces the normal weapon swap. So you'd have your normal Burst Skill as well as the Dragon Strike as the Burst Skill for Dragon Stance.

I can imagine that the other Burst Skills would work off Flow instead of Adrenaline.

This is speculation though, at least until the beta event comes around.

2 hours ago, Malus.2184 said:

As far as I understand the Dragon Stance is the weapon swap and replaces the normal weapon swap. So you'd have your normal Burst Skill as well as the Dragon Strike as the Burst Skill for Dragon Stance.

I can imagine that the other Burst Skills would work off Flow instead of Adrenaline.

This is speculation though, at least until the beta event comes around.

The base burst skills are gone. 

Dragon Trigger is the burst skill, you get a bundle of 3 burst skills with different reach and 2 supportive skills for the charge time. 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2021 at 4:07 AM, Nezekan.2671 said:

I am not even gonna take the OP seriously, because willbender and Virtuoso exist. This complaint is invalid and not worthy of consideration. Warrior won the jackpot of elite specs.

nah, willbender will beat bladesworn easy in pvp this beta, mark my words.

• Confused 6

On 9/18/2021 at 7:25 AM, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

It does look awesome. And the lack of variety does screw the espec somewhat.

I don't know why they did that. For other classes, it makes sense. They have enough sustain, utilities and skills to warrant lacking a weapon swap or having a long cooldown on swapping. While we on the other hand, need to swap weapons because of the lack of things other classes have access to.

Gunsaber IS your weaponswap.

On 9/18/2021 at 7:25 AM, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

No matter what build you use with Bladesworn, you have to equip the Gunsaber. It's a crazy proposition.

I guess it's a matter of approach at how you look at especs. From where I'm sitting: remove the gunsword and you're bound to remove the whole espec mechanic (as in skills that come with gunsaber). At that point, you want to play core or one of the previous especs. Kind of feels that most (not all) people that keep complaining about bladesworn just expected a better core warrior. Again.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yes, especially when you won't be able to play willbender, words marked.

they are not releasing previous elite specs? too bad if that's the case, for noobs unable to see how even willbender will be bladesworn.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

they are not releasing previous elite specs? too bad if that's the case, for noobs unable to see how even willbender will be bladesworn.

All nine of the especs will be available simultaneously during the fourth beta event. Given your lack of knowledge regarding the beta rollouts, I’ll take your opinion on the Willbender vs. Bladesworn with a large grain of salt.

• Haha 4