No Weapon Swap and no Normal Burst Skills is kinda alot of restrictions huh?

DanAlcedo.3281

On 9/18/2021 at 9:26 AM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

What jackpot?

Willbender and Virtuoso fill in niches for the classes.

Bladesworn does not. 

We get lots of downsides again for what exactly? Standing still for 5s so we can Oneshot people which will get nerfed into oblivion like Berzerker?

What does Bladesworn even do?

Its not Power dps as it has only 1 trait for dmg increase.

Its not Condi.

Its not support.

Its not even good for PvP/WvW as we already have Spellbreaker for it.

I dont even see a reason to use it against Worldbosses.

For me, Bladesworn is the worst Elite Spec form EoD so far. It has literally no reason to exist.

this sounds hypobolic Massively.

are you really trying to tell me.. u think bladesworn is going to fundamentally perform worse then Willbender and virtuoso.. kai lets go through it.

U say its not a Power DPS.. yet Dragon trigger equates to 84k DPS, thats the LARGEST burst Damage avaliable in the game right now may i add here. if u wanna know what it is its very simple, Its the Power variant of Berserker effectively. PvE Wise its likely to be very promising.

I have my doubts about it in SPVP.. but yeah PvE.. the spec will be fine.

Virtuoso needs Fixs before it can fit any "nich". it needs unblockable on its shatters for one.. and its Shatters need to be Made ALOT better for a second before Virt gets some serious discussion realistically. as currently its a Glass Cannon that is Inferior to its "less glass cannon" Variants.

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Valik Shin.9027 said:

honestly im just done with this thread. so many here are just living in their own world with this crazy kitten they are talking about. niche builds? really? who cares  there are so many niche builds out there now. If bladesworn doesn't fine a spot in a meta build it's a failure. Period.

Funny how you can't respond to anything, but just revert into calling anyone you disagree with as "living in their own world with this crazy kitten they are talking about". If you're so sure what you're saying is true/logical, then you should have no problem with disputing what was said here. But you can't., because for now it looks that all you have are your feelings about it. If you didn't understand what I said in my posts, then just ask. Otherwise your weirdly disconnected insults do nothing for your opinion, whether you'll write "period" at the end of your post or not.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Aaron.1294 said:

some warr mains are literally "more damage - VIABLE" - 0 theorycrafting. That's pretty sad ngl

My first Bladesworn will be small scale support, I already have glass rifle and glass dual axe on core and Berserker, Berserker condi, meta Spellbreaker which still has respectable damage. I have enough damage builds, I am interested in leveraging the elite ammo recharge and barrier traits.

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Funny how you can't respond to anything, but just revert into calling anyone you disagree with as "living in their own world with this crazy kitten they are talking about". If you're so sure what you're saying is true/logical, then you should have no problem with disputing what was said here. But you can't., because for now it looks that all you have are your feelings about it. If you didn't understand what I said in my posts, then just ask. Otherwise your weirdly disconnected insults do nothing for your opinion, whether you'll write "period" at the end of your post or not.

Look. I understand what your saying but you clearly don't get what I'm saying so no sense in me explaining to you. And don't give me your mocking "I'm more elegant with my speech" elite kitten. I put people like that pretty low. Right between people who enjoy stealth builds and people that go inside for 20 mins after filling their car up at the gas pump 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Valik Shin.9027 said:

Look. I understand what your saying but you clearly don't get what I'm saying so no sense in me explaining to you. And don't give me your mocking "I'm more elegant with my speech" elite kitten. I put people like that pretty low. Right between people who enjoy stealth builds and people that go inside for 20 mins after filling their car up at the gas pump 

I'm not mocking anyone or anything here.

And I'm pretty sure I know what you were talking about, it boils down to "it's useless if it's not better than my best pick right now" (like earlier mentioned OH axe for pve dpsing and shield for pure pvp utility), which is just wrong. It's a claim that says "this weapon shouldn't be added to the game if it's not outdpsing axe OR if it isn't a straight upgrade over shield". So it's nothing more than asking for axe/shield buffs (which are already the go-to OH weapons in their own category) in the form of introducing a ""new weapon"" that wouldn't be anything else than their straight upgrade. Isn't that what I already wrote before? Isn't this exactly what you want? And maybe you're not responding to anything I write because you know I'm correct?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I'm not mocking anyone or anything here.

And I'm pretty sure I know what you were talking about, it boils down to "it's useless if it's not better than my best pick right now" (like earlier mentioned OH axe for pve dpsing and shield for pure pvp utility), which is just wrong. It's a claim that says "this weapon shouldn't be added to the game if it's not outdpsing axe OR if it isn't a straight upgrade over shield". So it's nothing more than asking for axe/shield buffs (which are already the go-to OH weapons in their own category) in the form of introducing a ""new weapon"" that wouldn't be anything else than their straight upgrade. Isn't that what I already wrote before? Isn't this exactly what you want? And maybe you're not responding to anything I write because you know I'm correct?

i wouldnt bother talking to him haha. hes pretty set on his decision that bladesworn will be terrible. because warrior apparantly has 0 functionality if it doesnt use Dagger/Shield + GS.

I dont rly know why gunsaber cant replace GS but hes decided it cant 😛

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Valik Shin.9027 said:

honestly im just done with this thread. so many here are just living in their own world with this crazy kitten they are talking about. niche builds? really? who cares  there are so many niche builds out there now. If bladesworn doesn't fine a spot in a meta build it's a failure. Period.

u reliese PvE SPVP WvWvW and Open world all have their own meta builds right?

even if it turns out bad in SPVP, it could be meta in PvE effectively.

after all currently it totals 84k DPS / 5 seconds with dragon triggers alone. and fundamentally as the builds designed with very little damage modifiers from its Traits, it means u can take every defensive choice with almost 0 DPS loss also.

Gunsaber has good Access to mobility and Burst Damage.

Axe/Shield would get good use out of Axe 3 from the Elite.  if its barrier ability is Decent,

Axe+Shield / Pistol

Major Adept x25px River's Flow 5 Incoming healing increased. Healing yourself increases flow rate. Regeneration effects do not trigger flow rate increase

Major Master x25px Unshakable Mountain   Using the final round of ammo on an ammunition skill grants barrier.
Major Grandmaster x25px Daring Dragon   Dragon Slash has a lower maximum charge level but reenters Dragon Trigger if you can pay the flow cost.

With Valk Amulet + Rune of the Dolyak

Mending - its a amazing heal realistically.

Shake it off - Condi removal.

Dragonspike Mine - Allows Instant reset of Dragon Trigger

Endure Pain - Stun break + 0 power damage

Tactical Reload. - allows more barrier access

your burst would revolve around effectively.

Dragon Trigger - Dash into Dragon Spike mine - Dragon trigger - Reach and inbetwen effectively throw axe throw Pistol 5 and Gunsaber attacks to generate constant barrier as you do damage.

the high burst numbers from these combos removes the need for us to run hyper Damage set ups realistically.

would hold decent sustain.. valk being a More tanky amulet + dolyak Rune Buffing the healing from mending will always be potent then taking dolyak gives passive health regen inbetween barrier building.

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Gu saber cool down is affected by weaponswap CDs, and has a 10s swap at default, so discipline is still necessary.

Thanks for the heads-up Oscuro!

Was the beta test this weekend just gone? I didn't play beyond doing my dailies, as I had my head buried in another game, Wrath of the Righteous.

And my post was far beyond serious, just a tongue-in-cheek poke of fun 🙂

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

Thanks for the heads-up Oscuro!

Was the beta test this weekend just gone? I didn't play beyond doing my dailies, as I had my head buried in another game, Wrath of the Righteous.

And my post was far beyond serious, just a tongue-in-cheek poke of fun 🙂

The beta hasn't been on the weekend. It will start later today, so you didn't miss out on anything.

I'm sure others may have said it previously but I can't be bothered to scroll through every page, but it's actually even 1 step farther than the title of the post. The tradeoffs are:

1. No weapon swap in combat

2. No core burst skills while on your non-gunsaber weapon set

AND

3. No access to dragon trigger (your only burst skill on the entire kit) while in the non-gunsaber weapon set.

I think 2 of those might be okay, but all 3 could end up being really really rough. 

On 9/18/2021 at 6:42 AM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

No Weapon Swap

• No Normal Burst
  • Forced to play a Weapon (Gunsaber)
  • All cool new stuff is gated behind staying in place for 5s.
  • Whats the point of Ammo synergy when we dont have Kill Shot and Rifle is still a terrible weapon?
  • What is that Spec even for?

I've been wondering the same things.

I don't see myself playing that spec, to be honest, nor any of the others except maybe the Catalyst and the Vindicator.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, ButterPeanut.9746 said:

I'm sure others may have said it previously but I can't be bothered to scroll through every page, but it's actually even 1 step farther than the title of the post. The tradeoffs are:

1. No weapon swap in combat

2. No core burst skills while on your non-gunsaber weapon set

AND

3. No access to dragon trigger (your only burst skill on the entire kit) while in the non-gunsaber weapon set.

I think 2 of those might be okay, but all 3 could end up being really really rough. 

Yeah, Dragon Trigger needs to be available on the non gunsaber set. Especially considering that it is in it's sheath at that point technically.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2021 at 4:39 AM, Nezekan.2671 said:

The more you post, the more I believe you are clueless.

Virtuoso has no "niche". Blades are vastly inferior to clones and shatters. They have a cast animation, they are projectiles and they are single target instead of aoe.

Virtuoso traits have no synergy with core mesmer traits.

Remember when Kal said "we went back and reworked every adrenaline trait to with flow"? They did not do that for Virtuoso.

Dagger is a horrendous weapon.

Virtuoso can only do power, its condi traits are absolutely useless.

Virtuoso is 100% projectile class and has no place in WvW.

The gunsabre is an actual weapon with 5 skills. It has mobility, its fast, and it cleaves. The slow mechanic where you have to stand still is your F2. Gunsabre is an independent weapon that has 5 skills that do not require you to stand still.

On 9/18/2021 at 4:49 AM, Tayga.3192 said:

* No Weapon Swap

You have a good weapon. 

* No Normal Burst

Yes this is a bit of a problem, but it's better than being too vanilla. 

* All cool new stuff is gated behind staying in place for 5s.

Not really, you can use your skills on 1 charge for mobility or interrupt or you can blink in Z axis etc. 

* Whats the point of Ammo synergy when we dont have Kill Shot and Rifle is still a terrible weapon?

Shouts and pistol 5, but rifle needs buffs yes. 

Look well Warriors.  Posts like these are the exact reason Warrior was stuck with a trait that had a 300 second cool down for years.  The reason they were nerfed down to C-tier status and the reason I quit the game shortly before HOT.  Anet has held no love for Warrior.  They have been the middle of the road class since launch.  They are not top dps by any means in PvE (at one time before the berserker nerf they were top 3 but that was quickly corrected) and they are not the best duelist in PvP (nor have they ever been).

Warrior has been a joke since launch.  They will argue Warrior was the most op class ever to exist in any game and yet defend specs like Condition Mirage.  Others in the thread are correct, the first time they are Dragon Slashed for 102k they will howl OP not understanding it takes 5 seconds of no interruptions standing still in the same spot and them staying within 900 range to achieve said one hit.  Outside of the one hit you have standard weapons skills (with no additional utility like other classes) and subpar utilities in comparison to other classes.  The reason?  You have 5k more health which which means nothing without the utility granted by boons/evade frames/invulnerability.

Just look at the second quote.  Suggesting you go into the Dragon Slash stance to use the port on z axis, just LOL. To state the obvious skill 4 and 5 are to delay/time out players to 5 seconds to build the charges needed to one shot. It would take 2 charges of the teleport and at least one of the aegis just to get out of the Renegades Daze aoe.  It is clear Warrior will be the middle of the road one trick pony at expansion launch.  Which will be nerfed in the first pass within 1 to 2 months to Berserker status; eg slightly better than core. 

Just to let it be known, you can still be interrupted or stopped mid dragon slash.  It is a fitting Elite spec, a joke, for the class that has always been.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Vanthian.9267 said:

Look well Warriors.  Posts like these are the exact reason Warrior was stuck with a trait that had a 300 second cool down for years.  The reason they were nerfed down to C-tier status and the reason I quit the game shortly before HOT.  Anet has held no love for Warrior.  They have been the middle of the road class since launch.  They are not top dps by any means in PvE (at one time before the berserker nerf they were top 3 but that was quickly corrected) and they are not the best duelist in PvP (nor have they ever been).

Warrior has been a joke since launch.  They will argue Warrior was the most op class ever to exist in any game and yet defend specs like Condition Mirage.  Others in the thread are correct, the first time they are Dragon Slashed for 102k they will howl OP not understanding it takes 5 seconds of no interruptions standing still in the same spot and them staying within 900 range to achieve said one hit.  Outside of the one hit you have standard weapons skills (with no additional utility like other classes) and subpar utilities in comparison to other classes.  The reason?  You have 5k more health which which means nothing without the utility granted by boons/evade frames/invulnerability.

Just look at the second quote.  Suggesting you go into the Dragon Slash stance to use the port on z axis, just LOL. To state the obvious skill 4 and 5 are to delay/time out players to 5 seconds to build the charges needed to one shot. It would take 2 charges of the teleport and at least one of the aegis just to get out of the Renegades Daze aoe.  It is clear Warrior will be the middle of the road one trick pony at expansion launch.  Which will be nerfed in the first pass within 1 to 2 months to Berserker status; eg slightly better than core. 

Just to let it be known, you can still be interrupted or stopped mid dragon slash.  It is a fitting Elite spec, a joke, for the class that has always been.

Preliminary dps on golem shows bladesworn does 50k with full dps utilities and 40k with banners.

But its not looking well in pvp. But not every spec has to be good at everything. Spellbreaker needs some buffs. It was always designed to be a pvp spec.

Edited by Nezekan.2671

On 9/19/2021 at 11:38 AM, crewthief.8649 said:

All nine of the especs will be available simultaneously during the fourth beta event. Given your lack of knowledge regarding the beta rollouts, I’ll take your opinion on the Willbender vs. Bladesworn with a large grain of salt.

On 9/19/2021 at 10:32 PM, Peacekid.1463 said:

lol as if he can take BS in faceroll, in pvp willbender will wait for BS hp to be below half before it strikes the question is that if WB is not yet dead lol

On 9/19/2021 at 11:02 AM, Sobx.1758 said:

Yes, especially when you won't be able to play willbender, words marked.

why do i need to care about beta rollouts to know a spec is bad, i read the skill description and my experience tells me the spec is garbage

lol dude, i know what im talking about, i played high end pvp and warrior for years and years. i know what has potential and what is completely utterly garbage.

let the memes rain

https://clips.twitch.tv/SleepyTsundereSheepCclamChamp-3u3_NA2A3tczl4rZ

https://clips.twitch.tv/TrappedNaiveCodItsBoshyTime-h_g1Q9Up5ktETEJR

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

why do i need to care about beta rollouts to know a spec is bad, i read the skill description and my experience tells me the spec is garbage

lol dude, i know what im talking about, i played high end pvp and warrior for years and years. i know what has potential and what is completely utterly garbage.

"lol dude", I guess it didn't let you sleep, otherwise not sure why you're going back to this now. Just read what you wrote in your initial post, I clearly responded pretty directly to that. You said  willbender will beat sb this beta. It didn't and it won't, because willbender isn't playable this week. What are you even answering to right now that you need to quote me here for some reason 🤔

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

"lol dude", I guess it didn't let you sleep, otherwise not sure why you're going back to this now. Just read what you wrote in your initial post, I clearly responded pretty directly to that. You said  willbender will beat sb this beta. It didn't and it won't, because willbender isn't playable this week. What are you even answering to right now that you need to quote me here for some reason 🤔

Are you sure? I'm seeing harbingers in the game, I think the game lets you pick Guard and willbender right now for beta character.

2 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Are you sure? I'm seeing harbingers in the game, I think the game lets you pick Guard and willbender right now for beta character.

It wasn't supposed to be possible, if anyone was able to do that, pretty sure it was a bug (didn't see any of the ""old"" 3 in wvw, but seen plenty of new ones). Create a beta character and see for yourself?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

In pvp it doesn't seem that you want to hold the trigger down for more than a second, you can effectively get insane mobility by just intantly tapping the charge ability from the saber charge.

I was trying to work on a fear me > 4second stun rush combo as you can activate that shout after you start charging up, I'm not quite as invested into warrior as most but perhaps this combo could lead somewhere in a duo team.

Edited by Stalima.5490