Nerf Necromancer

mortrialus.3062

I love seeing these necro mains arguments trying to defend their blatantly overtuned class, like do they think their fooling anyone, or just themselves? Literally everything points to them being overtuned in pvp from over representation in every match to minionmancers winning mats, a zoo build haha.

These necro mains are too funny.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

I love seeing these necro mains arguments trying to defend their blatantly overtuned class, like do they think their fooling anyone, or just themselves? Literally everything points to them being overtuned in pvp from over representation in every match to minionmancers winning mats, a zoo build haha.

I don't want it to be overpowered, but I'm afraid anet will just nerf it to dead state. Which is more likely.

• Like 1

First, your post is well written and compelling, OP.  

Second, I believe I agree with your assessment that necro is somewhat overturned right now.

Third, please stop asking for nerfs.  Why?  Because when the devs actually listen, nerfs seem to get overcooked, and end up obliterating something that people enjoy playing.  How many scourges have you seen since the last patch?  I’ve seen zero. Really, they’re just gone. Instead, please ask for buffs to your profession. Buffs don’t seem to get overdone the way nerfs do, especially when they’re requested by players. In my opinion asking for buffs is a better way to get to equilibrium. 

Finally, if over-representation is your basis for over-performing, my empirical observation is that necro is a popular class. But not as popular as guard. Sometimes I wonder if the MMS will even create a match before it finds 2 guards to put on each side.  I’d estimate 35-40% representation. Why don’t you have a problem with guards by the same logic?

Anyway, I mostly play tempest in PvP so I guess if necro gets nerfed it would actually help me on the balance.  But I’m not going to ask to nerf necro or any other class I don’t like playing against and that I feel is overtuned  (hello revenant).

Also, please buff elementalist.  It needs a bit more sustain on tempest and core. There is almost zero forgiveness for making even a small mistake.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TheDarkness.6947 said:

Second, I believe I agree with your assessment that necro is somewhat overturned right now.

Third, please stop asking for nerfs.  Why?  Because when the devs actually listen, nerfs seem to get overcooked, and end up obliterating something that people enjoy playing.  How many scourges have you seen since the last patch?  I’ve seen zero. Really, they’re just gone. Instead, please ask for buffs to your profession. Buffs don’t seem to get overdone the way nerfs do, especially when they’re requested by players. In my opinion asking for buffs is a better way to get to equilibrium. 

Finally, if over-representation is your basis for over-performing, my empirical observation is that necro is a popular class. But not as popular as guard. Sometimes I wonder if the MMS will even create a match before it finds 2 guards to put on each side.  I’d estimate 35-40% representation. Why don’t you have a problem with guards by the same logic?

Anyway, I mostly play tempest in PvP so I guess if necro gets nerfed it would actually help me on the balance.  But I’m not going to ask to nerf necro or any other class I don’t like playing against and that I feel is overtuned  (hello revenant).

Also, please buff elementalist.  It needs a bit more sustain on tempest and core. There is almost zero forgiveness for making even a small mistake.

Nerfs aren’t going anywhere. Having said that, Necro needs to be nerfed. Why is it fair that one profession gets to dominate to the extent Necro does? The answer is that it isn’t. I appreciate the “pie-in-the-sky” plea to do away with nerfing, but unfortunately, that isn’t where we are in GW2. My Warrior has been nerfed to death over the past several years, why is Necro special?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TheDarkness.6947 said:

It’s more likely that Anet can nerf 1 prof - Necro, than buff other 8.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheDarkness.6947 said:

Only problem here is that people have been asking for nec nerf for almost a year now and all they get are baby nerfs that do very little.

while other classes get destroy in one big nerf like you said.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Exile.8160 said:

Only problem here is that people have been asking for nec nerf for almost a year now and all they get are baby nerfs that do very little.

while other classes get destroy in one big nerf like you said.

I can answer to you with your own comment

People wont be happy until we have humans with a sword that has 1 skill poking at each other and even then they will scream the othe human pokes harder...

• Confused 2

25 minutes ago, crewthief.8649 said:

Nerfs aren’t going anywhere. Having said that, Necro needs to be nerfed. Why is it fair that one profession gets to dominate to the extent Necro does? The answer is that it isn’t. I appreciate the “pie-in-the-sky” plea to do away with nerfing, but unfortunately, that isn’t where we are in GW2. My Warrior has been nerfed to death over the past several years, why is Necro special?

It’s hard to say.  I don’t really see many buff requests on this board.  I mostly see requests for nerfs and removal of game mechanics (and complaints about bots).  I think it’s possible that if people requested specific buffs, for specific reasons, as eloquently as the OP did in this nerf request, we might get somewhere in achieving better balance?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TheDarkness.6947 said:

It’s hard to say.  I don’t really see many buff requests on this board.  I mostly see requests for nerfs and removal of game mechanics (and complaints about bots).  I think it’s possible that if people requested specific buffs, for specific reasons, as eloquently as the OP did in this nerf request, we might get somewhere in achieving better balance?

Go check out the Warrior forum. There are loads of well-constructed, perfectly reasonable buff request threads. Yet, nothing but crickets. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, TheDarkness.6947 said:

U cannot ask for buffs in these forums whether it needed or not because every single player who doesn't play the class or dislikes it will spam the thread with mostly biased reasons as to why the class is 1. Fine or 2. Actually in need of more nerfs. Players in mmo's dislike seeing positive changes in any class that is not one they play so.....

Ur better off asking for nerfs to the few main problem specs.

• Sad 2

21 hours ago, greedywholesome.9081 said:

As an entrepreneur, if I were the devs, I'd message the OP ASAP. 

I'm semi-retired, young and dont need to work if I dont feel like it but since Im greedy yet wholesome, making money is second nature. 

OK, kitten self promotion aside, devs, pls at the very least, PLEASE, recognize the OP's guidelines. 

I wear Ferragamo loafers IRL. When I drive my 911 Turbo, I wear my Tod's driving shoes. 

Bottom line is I dont kitten around. Fix this mess devs. 

Stuff like this has to be saved for later.

I feel you may have one-upped Jay

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

U cannot ask for buffs in these forums whether it needed or not because every single player who doesn't play the class or dislikes it will spam the thread with mostly biased reasons as to why the class is 1. Fine or 2. Actually in need of more nerfs. Players in mmo's dislike seeing positive changes in any class that is not one they play so.....

Ur better off asking for nerfs to the few main problem specs.

Worst part is far too many things need buff compair to how many thing needs nerfs. Thats why they focus more on nerfs than buffing a whole class.

For now nerfing nec would hold us until EoD. (Hopefully) 

3 hours ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

I don't want it to be overpowered, but I'm afraid anet will just nerf it to dead state. Which is more likely.

I just want to point to this and say that, while necro -is- overtuned right now, Anet has a tendency of nuking necro when they balance it. 

When they adjusted spectrals, they nuked the trait that reduces their cds (its actually gone). same for well cd trait (gone). same for signets (also gone). They also nuked the reaper chill damage feature, and to this day one of their grandmasters is useless. Scourge was also trash tier for years when they got a little too useful in wvw with the condi spread. 

And they have like... one viable elite (which happens to be the overpowered one, great)

Yes, they need to be adjusted, but they still need to be playable. The balance attempts regarding them need to be closely monitored and pushed off season, with adjustments based on feedback and dev-sided testing within a month of the initial patch. 

The time between balance patches is too vast for classes that had a period of overperformance to be pvp unviable for just as long or longer Nobody deserves to have their class not work/bullied in pvp because the original balance of it wasn't right. 

There's a whole lot of room between [10k lich autos, also mobile, also bunker] and [cannot be used in pvp without losing every matchup].  It blows my mind that we can't land anywhere inside that range. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Not quite as funny as thief mains that complain till they can beat every necro in full nomads gear without having to give up any single evade and mobility skill.

topic:

Nice nerf in this update! I would have liked to see a shroud degeneration nerf to core nec (as it's too strong on ANY carrion build), but it was obvious we wouldn't get it, because why would we want to fix something once and for all? Would be too easy I guess.

Even single target builds should have an easy time now to deal with the minions.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, KrHome.1920 said:

Not quite as funny as thief mains that complain till they can beat every necro in full nomads gear without having to give up any single evade and mobility skill.

topic:

Nice nerf in this update! I would have liked to see a shroud degeneration nerf to core nec (as it's too strong on ANY carrion build), but it was obvious we wouldn't get it, because why would we want to fix something once and for all? Would be too easy I guess.

Even single target builds should have an easy time now to deal with the minions.

Funny, I don't see 2 or sometimes 3 thieves in every single match, hmmmm. I also don't see thieves with perma ridiculous ai builds actually doing good work for its half afk player, maybe we should make thieves guild perma summon till each dies? Lol.

The fact u are even comparing thieves to nevro in today's iteration of the game shows how worthless and bias a convo with u necro mains will be. Hopefully eventually scourge and core get nerf hammered, would serve u guys right considering u could have spent ur energy trying to tell anet how to actually tone ur class down in a way that it's still viable but not blatantly dominant in thee most obvious ways but instead u try and act like there are some other reasons there's at least 2 necros in each match and often more like it's not obvious to everyone why haha.

• Like 3

They didn't nerf anything that actually needs nerfing and haven't actually addressed anything. 

The minions themselves are like the least important part of the build.  The problem is how neigh invulnerable the build is to damage, especially condition damage but also direct damage which is also generally the problem with necro at large right now.

Edited by mortrialus.3062
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

They didn't nerf anything that actually needs nerfing and haven't actually addressed anything. 

The minions themselves are like the least important part of the build.  The problem is how neigh invulnerable the build is to damage, especially condition damage but also direct damage which is also generally the problem with necro at large right now.

The minion health will affect how much carapace they can stack by just having the minions out, so it isn't completely off the mark. 

There will probably still be some issues, but the most hands-off build will be less rewarding now. 

37 minutes ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

No minions, no necromantic corruption (condi cleanse) and less hiding into minions bodyblocking non-aoe attacks.

Less minion health, less demand for reaper as a counter, leads to less necros per match.

But yes, the nerf was typical ANet style ... quite lacking.

Edited by KrHome.1920

6 hours ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

Minionmancer won the MAT.  The literally best players with the best made teams cannot counter Minionmancer without resorting to using one themselves, and a double port reaper for good measure.

you cant fix him, he is too far gone.
he has played minion-mancer for far too long 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 3