Back to Back Bonus Events?

Gibson.4036

At the end of the post about the rest of 2021, ArenaNet laid out the various events for fall and winter, with WvW bonus events in between holdiay events.

I just noticed tha the first WvW bonus event runs longer than a week, starting tomorrow and ending a week from Friday. Then, they have listed another WvW bonus event that starts that same day and runs another week.

As far as I understand, WvW Bonus Event just means the Call of War effect, which applies +100% WXP, +25% Reward Track, and +50% magic find. Nothing else really happens due to the "event", right? The thing that has me confused is that they chose to call Sept 21 - Oct 1 and event and Oct 1 - Oct 8 an event, rather than just calling it a bonus event that runs from Sept 21 to Octo 8.

Am I missing something?

Think of it more as there are other in game activities and they are adding more carrots into the mix since the events they are linked to might be disruptive but they need people play testing so they can get metrics. The events are incentives to people that might be less inclined in helping out those in game beta events but might be drawn in with the extra benefits. And to say thanks for the people that are running around in game to try and test the new options. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

At the end of the post about the rest of 2021, ArenaNet laid out the various events for fall and winter, with WvW bonus events in between holdiay events.

I just noticed tha the first WvW bonus event runs longer than a week, starting tomorrow and ending a week from Friday. Then, they have listed another WvW bonus event that starts that same day and runs another week.

As far as I understand, WvW Bonus Event just means the Call of War effect, which applies +100% WXP, +25% Reward Track, and +50% magic find. Nothing else really happens due to the "event", right? The thing that has me confused is that they chose to call Sept 21 - Oct 1 and event and Oct 1 - Oct 8 an event, rather than just calling it a bonus event that runs from Sept 21 to Octo 8.

Am I missing something?

Because they're trying not to overlap it with the pve events, while still giving us a monthly bonus event. Usually four winds isn't held this late so kinda messed it up a little, plus with the alliance beta week kinda makes sense to get a bonus week then.

• Festival of the Four Winds: August 31-September 21
  • World vs. World Bonus Event: September 21–October 1 - Alliance beta test September 24
  •  
  • World vs. World Bonus Event: October 1–October 8
  • Shadow of the Mad King: October 5–November 9
  • World vs. World Bonus Event: November 5–November 12
  •  
  • World vs. World Bonus Event: December 10–December 17
  • Wintersday: December 14–January 4
  • Lunar New Year: January 25 (2022)

Edited by Xenesis.6389