Suggestion of ranked spvp rework

Kina.6842

Hi, first of all, I’m not a native english speaker. Before i started playing this game, I was used to play many games with ranked systems and got some high ranks there, so I met gw2 and for 1 and a half year I’ve been playing only spvp on NA, I saw many things and would like to tell my opinion/suggestion (I know I’m a bit new to do that but maybe I’m not saying bullshits idk if yes just ignore it).

1-      Remove duo on solo queue. Idk why It still exist for real, the chance of winning a match against a duo of high ranks (god of arena, best of best blabla)  is really low and in the most of time  those high ranks know they will win only by looking the scoreboard. Removing it will make them play alone and against another high ranks. So you guys will think now, ‘’if it will be removed how will I carry those pugs?’’ I have another suggestion below.

2-      Don’t limit points on p3+ and make more people be legendary. Everything I saw since I started to play was that division being a status of glory and not for another reason, my suggestion is to make legendaries play only against legendaries and in the   worse of cases in low population put some plat 3 on queue. So u guys will think ‘’It wont change a sh*t the players will be the same and will be hard to find matches). I have another suggestion below.

3-      Make decay time become 24h instead of 72h to make more players on queue, also make points that you lose on decay irrecoverable and remove limit of minimum games. What I see on ranked league is 2 kind of players, one wants to farm boxes, another one plays to stay on rank to get a good position and titles,  so it will create a balance of tryhard players who want to climb rank and players that want to farm on low divisions. Also it will remove smurfs on queue so they won’t ocupate space on leaderboard and they will be forced to play in his main because of 24h decay. https://ibb.co/vYGqFr2 here is a screenshot of top 100 that only play the minimum number of matches just to stay on rank, as u can see more of 10 players do that.

4-      Limit the time of ranked on NA (3 am until 7:30 am make this time be impossible to play ranked). Idk how is the ranked population in other regions, but in this time most ppl say that here are only bots, players win trading or playing against low ranks, so why not block it?

5-      Make the same group of players unable to play consecutive daily Ats. I think it happens in every region idk, the same group of good players use it to farm gold easyly, my suggestion is to make his acc blocked to play the next Ats, so it will stop to be a farmable gold spot and will make daily ats more competitive (maybe they will play on smurfs but whatever at least it will make it more hard to do that).

Well maybe I will be content for some streamer kekw but I don’t give a sh*t, it’s just an opinion after my playtime in ranked, maybe I’m very wrong about all things, but at least read it without ego plss.

Edited by Kina.6842
sh*t instead of kitten idk why it translate for that lol
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Kina.6842 said:

1-      Remove duo on solo queue. Idk why It still exist for real, the chance of winning a match against a duo of high ranks (god of arena, best of best blabla)  is really low and in the most of time  those high ranks know they will win only by looking the scoreboard. Removing it will make them play alone and against another high ranks. So you guys will think now, ‘’if it will be removed how will I carry those pugs?’’ I have another suggestion below.

Than introduce to us ranked 2x2 or 3x3 arena, so this people will never go to solo-queue again 

Edited by Loules.8601

21 hours ago, Kina.6842 said:

Limit the time of ranked on NA (3 am until 7:30 am make this time be impossible to play ranked).

So you want to block ranked for everyone, just because it's the most common sleep time for North Americans (assuming you mean an USA time zone)?

Just because the servers are marked as NA, doesn't mean only NA people play on them.

Australians, South Americans, many Asians, Africans and even some Europeans also play on the NA servers.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

So you want to block ranked for everyone, just because it's the most common sleep time for North Americans (assuming you mean an USA time zone)?

Just because the servers are marked as NA, doesn't mean only NA people play on them.

Australians, South Americans, many Asians, Africans and even some Europeans also play on the NA servers.

I don't how it is done now, but at some point in League of Legends C.I.S. server had very low population, and ranked games were unavailable at night time for Moscow timezone, despite the fact C.I.S. has 11 timezones.

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Yes, why not? They will still be able to play the game, there are another things to do. I'm assuming a sacrifice in this time for ranked games because its when the most ppl say there are only bots, win traders, etc. Here is an example of another game with low population in a global server. https://ibb.co/jTTC7mm

I'm not from USA btw and I think this is a good way to avoid bots and other things.

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Kina.6842 said:

Yes, why not? They will still be able to play the game, there are another things to do. I'm assuming a sacrifice in this time for ranked games because its when the most ppl say there are only bots, win traders, etc. Here is an example of another game with low population in a global server. https://ibb.co/jTTC7mm

I'm not from USA btw and I think this is a good way to avoid bots and other things.

And then those players are pissed at Arenanet and leave the mode for good?

This serves nothing but growing the bot percentage bigger by having less actual players.

sPvP needs more players, not less.

Your idea is kicking players out, while keeping all bots in.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

And then those players are pissed at Arenanet and leave the mode for good?

This serves nothing but growing the bot percentage bigger by having less actual players.

sPvP needs more players, not less.

Your idea is kicking players out, while keeping all bots in.

On 9/20/2021 at 12:19 PM, Kina.6842 said:

Hi, first of all, I’m not a native english speaker. Before i started playing this game, I was used to play many games with ranked systems and got some high ranks there, so I met gw2 and for 1 and a half year I’ve been playing only spvp on NA, I saw many things and would like to tell my opinion/suggestion (I know I’m a bit new to do that but maybe I’m not saying bullshits idk if yes just ignore it).

2-      Don’t limit points on p3+ and make more people be legendary. Everything I saw since I started to play was that division being a status of glory and not for another reason, my suggestion is to make legendaries play only against legendaries and in the   worse of cases in low population put some plat 3 on queue. So u guys will think ‘’It wont change a sh*t the players will be the same and will be hard to find matches). I have another suggestion below.

3-      Make decay time become 24h instead of 72h to make more players on queue, also make points that you lose on decay irrecoverable and remove limit of minimum games. What I see on ranked league is 2 kind of players, one wants to farm boxes, another one plays to stay on rank to get a good position and titles,  so it will create a balance of tryhard players who want to climb rank and players that want to farm on low divisions. Also it will remove smurfs on queue so they won’t ocupate space on leaderboard and they will be forced to play in his main because of 24h decay. https://ibb.co/vYGqFr2 here is a screenshot of top 100 that only play the minimum number of matches just to stay on rank, as u can see more of 10 players do that.

4-      Limit the time of ranked on NA (3 am until 7:30 am make this time be impossible to play ranked). Idk how is the ranked population in other regions, but in this time most ppl say that here are only bots, players win trading or playing against low ranks, so why not block it?

5-      Make the same group of players unable to play consecutive daily Ats. I think it happens in every region idk, the same group of good players use it to farm gold easyly, my suggestion is to make his acc blocked to play the next Ats, so it will stop to be a farmable gold spot and will make daily ats more competitive (maybe they will play on smurfs but whatever at least it will make it more hard to do that).

Well maybe I will be content for some streamer kekw but I don’t give a sh*t, it’s just an opinion after my playtime in ranked, maybe I’m very wrong about all things, but at least read it without ego plss.

Suggestions 1,2,3 are OK with mods. 

4,5 are terribad. 

I think the decay limit causes less play, and the pop is way to small for this to stay at 72h, maybe half that at 36 is fair.

The ability for plat2,3,and leg to get into lower level games is ridiculous. This isn't competitive at all.

Once you get into 1600s, it should never allow you to queue with anyone of lesser rank, or to be in games of lesser rank.

They need to be kept out of lower tier games because the difference is skill is insurmountable and defeats newbie morale.

I understand they may wait hours to play, but currently it is a very small subset of players.

It will solve the off hour q farms and also stop the q dodging.

Holding prestigious title should be done by padding through the gauntlet.

New and lesser players need a chance to learn and grow, and it can't happen as it is right now.

5 minutes ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

Suggestions 1,2,3 are OK with mods. 

4,5 are terribad. 

I think the decay limit causes less play, and the pop is way to small for this to stay at 72h, maybe half that at 36 is fair.

The ability for plat2,3,and leg to get into lower level games is ridiculous. This isn't competitive at all.

Once you get into 1600s, it should never allow you to queue with anyone of lesser rank, or to be in games of lesser rank.

They need to be kept out of lower tier games because the difference is skill is insurmountable and defeats newbie morale.

I understand they may wait hours to play, but currently it is a very small subset of players.

It will solve the off hour q farms and also stop the q dodging.

Holding prestigious title should be done by padding through the gauntlet.

New and lesser players need a chance to learn and grow, and it can't happen as it is right now.

A balanced game of average mmr does not work.

Players who are 1700+ rating can easily 1v2/3 and draw out 1v4 substantially against players at less than 1500 rating.

Those may seem like only 200 points, but the difference in skill is truly much greater.

Why? 1500s might be there by luck and fotm, but 1700s+ is real skill.

For perspective, as 1500 player I see silvers as potato, but am also called absolute trash by top players when I am in there game, and they actually believe I am silver.

Lol, so imagine when these guys actually play against 1100 rating guys.....(it happens)

This is how they get 95% win rates, they rarely are placed in fair matches.

No lowers can grow like this either.....

Edited by Crab Fear.1624