Turn Guild Wars 1 into a Smartphone Game

GuriGashi.5617

I have nothing against the idea, but would not play it on my phone.  What I would like to see is a desktop emulator, so we can play offline.  GW1 is easily played single player, and I would love to have a copy. They do not seem to be doing anything with it, except keeping the servers open.  I am unsure how long they plan to keep it open... so a desktop emulator would be fun. 

6 minutes ago, Tukaram.8256 said:

I have nothing against the idea, but would not play it on my phone.  What I would like to see is a desktop emulator, so we can play offline.  GW1 is easily played single player, and I would love to have a copy. They do not seem to be doing anything with it, except keeping the servers open.  I am unsure how long they plan to keep it open... so a desktop emulator would be fun. 

I just played it a month ago. It's still good.

3 hours ago, Tukaram.8256 said:

They do not seem to be doing anything with it, except keeping the servers open. 

I am unsure how long they plan to keep it open... so a desktop emulator would be fun. 

They've actually done some updates lately. Not content updates, but still.

And they'll keep it open for as long as GW2 is around because the two games are linked via the Hall of Monuments. So it would really have to be dead to cut that link.

Edited by Gehenna.3625

12 hours ago, Blude.6812 said:

Then I suggest that you post in the/a GW1 forum and put the really really poor idea there and stick to the topic of these forums--GW2.

There has never been an official GW1 forum, and people post stuff about GW1 here all the time since this is the only alternative.  Not that I want to see this cursed suggestion to ever see the light of day.

• Like 1