Balthazar Fight that is a no win fight

Im a ranger and I just spend a very unpleasant hour fighting Balthazar and no matter what I did he keep killing me every minute,. All I have to say is this is no fun at all. This is the type of boss fight I HATE!!!!! AND THE TYPE THAT TURN ME OFF PLAYING GAMES WHERE YOU CANT GET PAST BOSSES WITH OUT MORE THEN ONE PERSON FIGHTING THE BLANKING BOSS.  After an hour his hit points where only down to blanking half and there was no room to move or even think of how you to fight this boss. Of course no one cares how hard this blank boss is if you cant get passed this boss you can not move on with  the story or anything else I for see myself not playing this game much anymore sure the hell will not be spending my money on gems or anything else in this game all become of this boss fight that take way to long to do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 29
  • Sad 2

40 minutes ago, CaelestiaEmpyrea.2617 said:

Which fight are you referring to?  You fight him twice in LWS3 and three times in PoF.  In one of the fights, you CANNOT win (not saying which to avoid spoiling).

The be super clear about what Cael is saying, there is a scripted fight with Balth that is designed that you lose to continue to the story.  While I feel like you're probably not talking about this encounter, OP, I suppose its not entirely impossible.

If you're not talking about this fight though, you're 100% missing something because there isn't a single story boss encounter in this game that isn't soloable with just a minute amount of gameplay understanding. 

Edited by sevenDEADLY.5281
  • Like 11

4 hours ago, davida reis.3695 said:

Im a ranger and I just spend a very unpleasant hour fighting Balthazar and no matter what I did he keep killing me every minute,. All I have to say is this is no fun at all. This is the type of boss fight I HATE!!!!! AND THE TYPE THAT TURN ME OFF PLAYING GAMES WHERE YOU CANT GET PAST BOSSES WITH OUT MORE THEN ONE PERSON FIGHTING THE BLANKING BOSS.  After an hour his hit points where only down to blanking half and there was no room to move or even think of how you to fight this boss. Of course no one cares how hard this blank boss is if you cant get passed this boss you can not move on with  the story or anything else I for see myself not playing this game much anymore sure the hell will not be spending my money on gems or anything else in this game all become of this boss fight that take way to long to do. 

Story boss fights tend to have mechanics that build upon mechanics that were shown to you in earlier episodes.  The primary thing is to pay attention to what is going on, identify the mechanics, and utilize them.  You can't fight these bosses in the same manner that you fight the little mobs in the open world.

I know for a fact that there are at least audio cues to let you know what to do.  I've been able to solo every story instance blind.  Some mechanics took a bit to figure out, but it is completely doable solo.   Pay attention to the situation and react accordingly.  Don't discount the little things you did in the previous episodes, as those are the building blocks that will bring you success in the boss fight.

There is only 1 story instance I struggle with.  Season 2 - Episode 6 - Into the Labyrinth

This is because it is a purely visual navigation puzzle.  It takes me forever to do this one blind.  Otherwise, no other story instance has given me trouble.

Edit: Another key thing, describe what you're struggling with rather than just venting.  Players can help out if we have more to go on.  It will also help other players struggling in the same way.  They can find your thread and see all the responses that could help.

Edited by Rogue.8235
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, sevenDEADLY.5281 said:

Agreed. Seems 100% like someone who doesn't know how to play demanding the game cater to the fact that they don't know how to play, instead of just getting better.

On going trend after gaming hit the masses instead of being a niche nerd hobby. Sad times 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

The Balthazar fights are the hardest in the story since he is the main villain and a god of war and challenge. There is no shame in asking for help. I've helped many guildies with the unwinnable Balth fight and even some who asked help in /map chat.
If you try to solo everything in MMO game then you will have hard time. For example some hero points in HoT are not meant to be soloed, altho they can be with the right build.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Vilin.8056 said:

Let me guess, the op is a Ranger who camps on Longbow?

How would that make the fight harder? 

Ranged weapons are one of the best methods of damage avoidance and max DPS uptime, especially on Ranger which has a pet to tank for it, further reducing the need for kiting etc.

• Like 8

54 minutes ago, Vilin.8056 said:

Let me guess, the op is a Ranger who camps on Longbow?

13 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I was able to defeat him with my ranger.... well, the second time.  The first time I did defeat him and then the game crashed and I had to run the encounter all over again.

I basically camped longbow and was successful.  Twice.  Not sure what your point is other than to appear derisive.

• Like 9

16 hours ago, davida reis.3695 said:

I HATE!!!!! AND THE TYPE THAT TURN ME OFF PLAYING GAMES WHERE YOU CANT GET PAST BOSSES WITH OUT MORE THEN ONE PERSON FIGHTING THE BLANKING BOSS.  After an hour his hit points where only down to blanking half and there was no room to move or even think of how you to fight this boss. 

Raging from a story boss?? Its a slight challenge but please, its not rage inducing.

If you are hitting an hour on this fight then your DPS is wayyyyyy to low. You might want to consult metabattle and take a look at some open world builds for your class. The fight doesn't take more than a few minutes with a decent build.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

That sounds like an elitist problem, not a gameplay problem

If anyone believes setting up a story capable character makes it an elitist problem, then it's less of a gameplay problem but rather an ego issue.

Edited by Vilin.8056
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

19 minutes ago, Vilin.8056 said:

If anyone believes setting up a story capable character makes it an elitist problem, then it's less of a gameplay problem but rather an ego issue.

Because randomly questioning someone "camping with a longbow" is a good way to help someone rather than actually advising them on ways to actually progress. There's no ego problem, you're literally not helping and just factoring in that someone is "camping longbow". 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

Because randomly questioning someone "camping with a longbow" is a good way to help someone rather than actually advising them on ways to actually progress. There's no ego problem, you're literally not helping and just factoring in that someone is "camping longbow". 

That exactly makes it an ego issue, especially when it involves calling people elitist.

Op isn't asking for your "help" and I am simply pointing a potential cause that is common to many new players that I've helped with game difficulties of the past.

Edited by Vilin.8056
  • Like 2
  • Confused 6

2 minutes ago, Vilin.8056 said:

That exactly makes it an ego issue, especially when it involves calling people elitist.

Op isn't asking for your "help" and I am simply pointing a potential cause that is common to many new players that I've helped with game difficulties of the past.

All I asked is what makes camping longbow an issue. 

And the first response I get is 

1 hour ago, Deedrick.4372 said:

They are the 2nd laziest build behind minion master, and suffer the most l2play issues?

That's literally an elitist issue. 

As for OP asking for help, yes, they ain't asking. They're telling us their issue with the boss, and we're helping them resolve that issue. So I have no idea how the heck ego plays into it to begin with when people are just doing what they can to make the fight easier for OP. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

All I asked is what makes camping longbow an issue. 

And the first response I get is 

That's literally an elitist issue. 

As for OP asking for help, yes, they ain't asking. They're telling us their issue with the boss, and we're helping them resolve that issue. So I have no idea how the heck ego plays into it to begin with when people are just doing what they can to make the fight easier for OP. 

Neither of those posts meant to insult anyone and does not deserves an insult response. 

However you wish to interpret OP's need is your own interpretation, acting toxic for whoever who don't follow your ideology makes it an ego issue.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 5