Catalyst Feedback Thread

Fire Attunement.9835

On 12/2/2021 at 9:14 PM, Kain Francois.4328 said:

PLEASE, NERF THE DAMAGE AND BOON DURATION!!!!!

45k dps on small hitbox with no boon gear for permanent boon output (INCLUDING Quickness) is OP. I don't care what anyone says. Not even Firebrand is able to accomplish this level of ridiculous damage and support at the same time.

For the love of all that is holy, PLEASE NERF THIS!!! I don't care if some people complain because they hate nerfs.

Look, balance people, CMCwater, you know in your heart this cannot go live. It completely outclasses Weaver, and defeats the whole kitten point of Diviner gear and the Concentration stat in general. Simultaneously, it fails to deliver on the intended purpose of the spec, "A Steady Presence on the Battlefield".

Bring it down more in line with Scrapper, please.

Speaking of Scrapper, I'll reiterate my previous feedback:  Catalyst needs less damage output, more passive defense and sustain. I want to play a bulky Juggernaut, a "steady presence on the battlefield". One 10% damage reduction I only gain after pumping out auras does not make me more bulky in a noticeable way.

the game is not limited to one golem
are there many places where you can implement this?
Will you change 2 necromancers in 100cm with what you showed?
and no kidding, when you showed set, 4 things were broken. the question is - how many times did a golem kill you before you managed to achieve such a dps?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Savach.7219 said:

the game is not limited to one golem
are there many places where you can implement this?
Will you change 2 necromancers in 100cm with what you showed?
and no kidding, when you showed set, 4 things were broken. the question is - how many times did a golem kill you before you managed to achieve such a dps?

Do YOU personally believe Catalyst cannot perform such high DPS outside Golem?

2 hours ago, Kain Francois.4328 said:

sure. this is direct damage, you miss or move to mechanics and your dps is 0

necromancer and fb do golem-like damage in almost any situation

And this is if you do not take into account the fact that a very experienced support is needed to heal an elementalist

only high dps will be what makes him take somewhere in spite of other inconveniences

P.S. what I don’t believe in is that he will not be nerfed in the next year to the level of tempest, and completely without your requests

Edited by Savach.7219

11 hours ago, Kain Francois.4328 said:

I totally agree that the dmg is way too insane. I'd personally say though that it may should stay a bit above scrapper (like1-2k dps) since scrapper has way better survivability and is easier to use.

I disagree with the boon duration part though. I totally get your point. the purpose for diviner gear is questionable there. However with enough boon duration you can give quickness to a 10man squad.
If you consider that OP, then sure, but regarding to that nearly every support has to be nerfed. Chrono can do 10man quick with boon duration gear as well and doesnt need much boon duration for 5 people.
Firebrand makes perma quick and only has to change one rune, otherwise the entire gear is full dps.

Given the fact that nearly every support is extremely strong in that role (support) i dont see a nerf to boon duration justified honestly.

but the damage is too insane. Although i found it quite funny to have raids full with elementalists, this is extremely unhealthy for the game. we had it with only tempests, then weavers and now with scourges and firebrands xD.

One issue to fix the dps is to work on the fact that the orbs hit multiple times per orbit when you abuse the hitboxes. Fix that and maybe lower the power coefficient again and you have a spec which deals around 38-40k dps when playing full dps and around 5k lower when played as quickness as the sc player did

25 minutes ago, Integrity.2061 said:

I totally agree that the dmg is way too insane. I'd personally say though that it may should stay a bit above scrapper (like1-2k dps) since scrapper has way better survivability and is easier to use.

I disagree with the boon duration part though. I totally get your point. the purpose for diviner gear is questionable there. However with enough boon duration you can give quickness to a 10man squad.
If you consider that OP, then sure, but regarding to that nearly every support has to be nerfed. Chrono can do 10man quick with boon duration gear as well and doesnt need much boon duration for 5 people.
Firebrand makes perma quick and only has to change one rune, otherwise the entire gear is full dps.

Given the fact that nearly every support is extremely strong in that role (support) i dont see a nerf to boon duration justified honestly.

but the damage is too insane. Although i found it quite funny to have raids full with elementalists, this is extremely unhealthy for the game. we had it with only tempests, then weavers and now with scourges and firebrands xD.

One issue to fix the dps is to work on the fact that the orbs hit multiple times per orbit when you abuse the hitboxes. Fix that and maybe lower the power coefficient again and you have a spec which deals around 38-40k dps when playing full dps and around 5k lower when played as quickness as the sc player did

Or remove the orbs and add real skills that have an actual utility use in other game modes.

• Like 19

7 hours ago, Integrity.2061 said:

You talk like cata is raid-only...

You realise raiders are probably less than 1% of the population, right, and the orbs are absolutely horrendous to use outside of raid bosses with support?

Edited by Avatara.1042
  • Like 3

I tried the catalyst in fractals to see if it could work similar to the firebrand. It worked pretty well and the healing was awesome (i know that probably no one cares about a heal quickalyst, but i do xD)
But some things should be addressed to make it more pleasant.
1.) Healing delivered should also charge the sphere's energy. otherwise it charges pretty slowly sometimes.
2.) Staunch Auras should benefit the group. Every aura you apply also applies stability. Give it synergy with water magic's aura share so your party gains stability each time it gains an aura.

This way youll have plenty of opportunities to apply stability to your group.
Maybe even make aura share baseline and rework the water magic trait that the aura share can be expanded to 10 people? but maybe I'm dreaming too much here xD.
I'd also would like to have empowered empowerment changed. That if you reach 10 stacks, you share 3-5 stacks with your party. This way ele finally gains some offensive support for the party.

Otherwise I'm fine with the specc so far in PvE if the dmg gets a bit tuned down.

In competitive modes however i see some problems. The hammer is somewhat playable but extremely clunky. You'd need way more defensive abilities in Pve to make it work and be the "steady presence in melee combat".
The synergie with other weapons is fine, but does feel like a regular core ele.
For starters, Please let the sphere deal at least SOME dmg, because it deals none in pvp/wvw xD

Then to make the utilities useful, the augments should also benefit the group. Let the heal augment affect the group too when activated in the water sphere.
Generally many augments have a potential to affect the group when activated in the sphere. 
The block augment could even block attacks for allies standing inside the sphere as well for the duration. Maybe the overall duration affecting allies could be lowered. But having such group defensive tools at your hand could increase its viability in competitive GROUP combat.
The trait energized elements isn't really useful. Maybe give it an option for players that this trait additionally enables the sphere to stick around and move with you in order to enhance melee pressure.

Elemental Celerity is a weird tool to be honest. I liked it when i played healer with staff. Doubling these skills is really nice. However, it felt useless in almost any other scenario.
I feel like this skill could be also a group buffing tool.
My idea is that it buffes your own stats by 5% and shares all of your stacks of Hardening Auras, Empowering Auras and Elemental Empowerment with your group for 8-10 Seconds.

But thats just my take on it. Overall I'm pretty pleased with the specc so far

• Like 3

I'd like to discuss the topic of weapons regarding the catalyst. I know that hammer is quite controversial, i for myself quite enjoy it but my bigger concern are every other weapons aside from hammer.

Catalyst played with any core weapon feels like a core elementalist with a sphere. That is not only a problem because literally any core weapon is lowkey useless in PvE and to great extent in any game mode, but also completely damages the feeling one should get when playing a new elite spec.

The following concepts are only examples on how to make it more interesting, so dont wonder if some suggestions seem a bit OP^^

So why not putting the augment mechanic onto the core weapons? For example Staff
Fireball: We all know it, deals flat damage. Now in fire Sphere, why not let it apply 1-2 stacks of burning each hit?
Lava font: Increased duration and damage when cast in fire sphere
Meteor Shower: Longer duration with decreased sprinkle effect when cast in fire sphere.
Let burning retreat become Burning riposte which gives everyone a fire shild to block for one secound ( a fire shield like crecia gives in LS 5 sometimes)
Let phoenix Aoe Cleanse 2 Condis when returned to you when cast in fire sphere

For focus, let Gale be an AoE around the target when cast in Air sphere.
Let swirling winds last longer when cast in Air sphere.
How about Transmuting Shock Aura grants this AUra to allies after transmuting when cast in Air sphere?
Let the wind Gust on staff be an Aoe Knockback, Static field Pulses damage and maybe Quickness for allies

Let Healing Rain actually Heal and last longer when cast in water Sphere.
Let cleansing wave grant Pulsing regen 3 times when cast in Water Sphere
Let Lightning Strike on Scepter hit multiple times (3-4times) when cast in air sphere (maybe only 2 in competitive modes)
EtcEtc I think you get what I mean

And why stop there? The conjures could also get boosted.
The flame axe could permanently have the fired up effect as long as the caster stands inside the fire sphere
The frost bow could have 2 additional stacks of water arrow with the sprinkle effect removed from it when cast inside water sphere
Earth shiel could have improved barrier generation and block duration (longer tectonic shift effect while skill 2 blocks multiple hits for 1 and a halve second)
Lightning hammer could grant increased attributes
Same for fgs while the fire storm lasts longer when cast inside the sphere.

these changes seem a bit over the top and I wouldnt mind proper ballancing but these changes could give the catalyst a unique feeling when played while also providing more valuable options ESPECIALLY in competitive, but even in PvE modes aside from hammer. Because so far, the specialization seems to be designed around the hammer.

I dont mind the hammer and honestzly except for implementing a ranged weapon (like longbow) I'd rather have them fix the ranged options the elementalist already has.

• Confused 1

TBH, the main issue with Catalyst is that it feels redundant.

Support? We have tempest, you just REFUSE to give it a proper support boon(quickness of alacrity) to make it a relevant support pick.

Melee bruiser? We have Weaver.

Melee DPS? We have weaver.

What was the purpose of giving us Catalyst in it's current form?

Edited by Shiyo.3578
  • Like 12
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

Support? We have tempest, you just REFUSE to give it a proper support boon(quickness of alacrity) to make it a relevant support pick.

To increase downed uptime in WvW and provide less damage and support of course.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

To answer your last question, I don't think even the developers have an idea. Sad. I main Mesmer but Ele is one, if not, my favorite class. I dont play tempest tho. Good points you are raising. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 12/2/2021 at 3:14 PM, Kain Francois.4328 said:

45k dps on small hitbox with no boon gear for permanent boon output (INCLUDING Quickness) is OP. I don't care what anyone says. Not even Firebrand is able to accomplish this level of ridiculous damage and support at the same time.

For the love of all that is holy, PLEASE NERF THIS!!! I don't care if some people complain because they hate nerfs.

Look, balance people, CMCwater, you know in your heart this cannot go live. It completely outclasses Weaver, and defeats the whole kitten point of Diviner gear and the Concentration stat in general. Simultaneously, it fails to deliver on the intended purpose of the spec, "A Steady Presence on the Battlefield".

Bring it down more in line with Scrapper, please.

Speaking of Scrapper, I'll reiterate my previous feedback:  Catalyst needs less damage output, more passive defense and sustain. I want to play a bulky Juggernaut, a "steady presence on the battlefield". One 10% damage reduction I only gain after pumping out auras does not make me more bulky in a noticeable way.

First of all, this isn't even a feedback.

You just got a random youtube video and started crying without even trying it yourself in some real PVE content.

Take a look at those utility skills, you will be the first downed in the party, and will die again and again.

Quickness? oh noes, finally elementalist got some decent boon, lets nerf!1! cus isn't like guardian can do 9999 boons at same time.

Ele was always the WORST dps class, and now that is getting decent some random potato come with some random youtube video to cry without a single reason.

So try it yourself, try staying alive with the current build in some real content and tell us how "OP" it is, and stop using random youtuber video to speak by yourself, God.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, greedywholesome.9081 said:

To answer your last question, I don't think even the developers have an idea. Sad. I main Mesmer but Ele is one, if not, my favorite class. I dont play tempest tho. Good points you are raising. 

CMC straight up said: "So somehow we decided to give ele a hammer." It has no theme, concept or vision, it's core ele 2.0 with some leftover ideas for tempest (the aura thing) and for weaver (the celestial traitline, the force of swapping attunements with hammer 3) and even for core ele, remember fury on arcane?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Flori.2194 said:

CMC straight up said: "So somehow we decided to give ele a hammer." It has no theme, concept or vision, it's core ele 2.0 with some leftover ideas for tempest (the aura thing) and for weaver (the celestial traitline, the force of swapping attunements with hammer 3) and even for core ele, remember fury on arcane?

If you listen to the quote at 57:43 on Guild Chat 110, CMC really doesn't sound very impressed with the decision to use a hammer based on how he said it.  His exact words were "For some reason we decided to give elementalist a hammer".

Personally, I read his tone of voice and the words he chose as indicating that he didn't really agree with those reasons.  Presumably he wasn't the one who had the final say, however.

And yes, I agree - I'm not really keen on the theme of catalyst.  IMO, I find it a rather strained mishmash of disparate ideas and themes that synergise poorly.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Peter.3901 said:

You just got a random youtube video and started crying without even trying it yourself in some real PVE content.

It is literally feedback with evidence to back it up. Unlike some.

Granted, I start off with big bold and repeated phrases in order to grab view. Precisely because I felt the following feedback, and video, were significantly important to stand out and get balance attention. It meant that when balance sift through this thread, they may be more likely to see it.

Take a look at those utility skills, you will be the first downed in the party, and will die again and again.

Utility skills usually aren't key to survival in group PvE.

That said, Hammer and Catalyst itself has a ton of survivability built into it, with easy access to Protection, bonuses to Vitality, Toughness, good self-heals on Hammer, and blocks.

Quickness? oh noes, finally elementalist got some decent boon, lets nerf!1! cus isn't like guardian can do 9999 boons at same time.

The issue is Catalyst can maintain perma quickness without boon duration gear. Which invalidates the entire point of a stat (Concentration).

Guardian may be able to output a lot of boons, but it's not easily maintaining permanent Quickness on groups without concentration or Rune of the Firebrand.

Ele was always the WORST dps class

This is factually wrong.

In Core Tyria, they had FGS and Ice Bow, which was key to dungeon speedrunning.

Since HoT, Elementalist had consistently topped most dps benchmarks, or near the top.

So, before you counter argue, let me address some hypothetical points:

• "But it can't support the group",  Tempest not only output a ridiculous amount of Might, but Fury as well. It also had the ability to heal allies with water overload for clutch situations.
  • "But all Weaver can do is dps", sure. What's your point? It remains high on dps charts.
  • "But Ele is hard to play", not much harder than other classes if you practice the rotations and understand why skills flow into each other. Anecdotally, I consider it easier than other classes precisely because the attunement system means I only have to use skills once or twice before changing my bar.
  • "But Ele has lower HP than other classes", Weaver has approximately 15k HP if you take Master's Fortitude over Superior Elements, plus access to barrier, plus tons of evades.
  • "But Weaver is only hard to play and has no simple builds thus it's the worst dps clas" Have you not heard of Earth Shield?

So try it yourself, try staying alive with the current build in some real content and tell us how "OP" it is, and stop using random youtuber video to speak by yourself, God.

Wait, why does my ability to clear content count, but not other youtube videos you can watch right now? Are the youtube videos somehow not real life?

Anyway, I literally duo'ed t4 Ark with a friend on Catalyst. Granted, while it wasn't CM, I'm sure others will be doing that as well. But as I established above, this isn't about my ability. This is about numbers, and what the class is theoretically capable of, and what is entailed to reach those numbers.

If one denies literal video footage of the class, I have a very hard time believing they are acting in good faith about feedback, and may have an ulterior motive simply to see their class become overpowered, rather than to achieve actual balance. I'm not convinced arguing for 55k+ damage benchmarks or 45k+Permanent Quickness is acting in good faith.

Maybe before you claim again Catalyst can't survive due to it utility skills..... upload a video of your gameplay, so we're sure it's a Catalyst issue, and not a player issue.

But the bottom line? I actually back up what I say with ingame footage.

Edited by Kain Francois.4328
  • Confused 2

Hello everyone. Played in Beta 4, now even in SPVP, because overall expression of tweaks is: now it’s playable without brain and hands traumatizing. Great! But there is much to improve.

To note – played only on hammer, mostly with Augments. Overall expression is like Catalyst+hammer is made with heavily reliance on Arcane trait line to be here (even pre-installed in Beta 4). Not so good as I see.

Jade Sphere in Beta 4 is much better than before (truly useful), but: after attunement swap it has 1.2 sec CD. This breaks the flow of fight and cuts off fast aura and combo management. Here we still have double penalty: 10 sec CD on change an attunement and 1.2 sec on Jade Sphere. In Tempest there is no hard reliance on overloads so you can hold them until right moment and overloads are self –sufficient, but here it’s a field that gives you just an opportunity to utilize it as CORE-mechanic (auras). Also, duration of 5 seconds is not enough: make it last 7 seconds for combo utilizing.

About Energy: it may seem like Necromancer’s Life Force, not charging by itself, but on Necromancer Life Force isn’t anchor point of profession. Catalyst’s Energy on the other hand is highly dependent for idea of this spec and feels more like Revenant’s energy, that’s why suggestion here is to charge it slowly out of combat up to minimum required amount for deploying Jade Sphere. In PVP at start of a match or at some crucial massive encounters everyone bring out their big guns and here I am after previous fight “How could I hit someone before they overwhelm me?” so you potential is limited. Do we need such out of blue hardships on this spec on one of the “hardest to master” professions in game?

Hammer: range is still a problem. Grande Finale's range is good at 800, but 600 on other ranged skills has no meaning because this can resolve problem of getting into point-blank AOE’s, but for fights this range is still is small because can be easily reduced by opponent’s skills. Now for skills:

-          Triple Sear (Fire): it’s good, but additionally must create a fire circle field;

-          Chilling Crack (Water): third attack in water 1, gives AOE chill…it’s close combat third skill…I suppose in addition give to it an AOE daze, because it’s hard to utilize “every second” and in hammer (crush weapon) there is control skills on Warrior, Revenant, Guardian, even Untamed…Adding daze would be a nice reward for successful chain of attacks.

-          Hurricane of Pain (Air): as I said earlier, love the flavor of skill. But, it’s channeling skill, and during channeling skill Ele is like sitting duck – whirling on some off-range with flashy animation. Nice target practice for rangers with longbow. Here are my suggestions: give to Ele Aegis boon during channeling or some “first strike misses during channeling this skill” or give addition movement speed like one you gave Untamed in “Relentless Whirl” on hammer. For skill itself: it’s said “Manifest a powerful cyclone”, which animation looks like some tornado…So here it’s screaming “give me pull effect!” and I think that initial pull from some range outside (700 or smth) into the vortex not only would make it great initializing a fight and Jade Sphere charger, but also makes it more Air attunement-themed control skill, that also plays along with Catalyst’s Vicious Empowerment trait nicely.

-          Wind Storm (Air): again, flavor is great. But skill would be better if it works like Burning Retreat on 4 staff in Fire – instantly or almost, with faster animation playing, because 0.5 second in PVP feels like eternity…

-          Shock Blast (Air): make it’s on-ground charging speed a bit faster. Maybe also projectile could give weakness condition in addition to damage.

-          Stonestrike (Earth): make it chain with blood application and growing radius and maybe make last strike something like Revenant’s Coalescence of Ruin on hammer but with reduced range of course.

3 skills – on any Attunement new properties and instant cast are sweet, but again: I’m strongly convinced that Grand Finale must not have any cooldown, because it’s just trigger, like on some revolver gun - no need to change trigger after each new round comes into firing position to make a shot. It have to be available at any moment to shoot even one circular projectile toward target – it will give more flexibility to 3 skills in terms of target choosing, not wasting all firepower at once, and utilizing Grand Finale’s projectiles’s condition effects better. And lastly here – change Earth shot’s condition from blood to cripple – Ele with hammer isn’t the best runner/give both but reduce bleed to 2 stacks.

Traits.

Depth of Elements – add automatic non-fast charging of Energy out of combat up to one Jade Sphere deployment.

Vicious Empowerment – just some IMO notation that it looks like Fire trait line replacement and not for Hammer for now, strongly for another weapons.

Energized Elements – strange trait…Like some addition to Arcane trait line. Looks like kind of “best choice” for picking here just to stack Energy without need to strike an enemy. But here is an idea: which is better – have a trait that gives you Energy on swapping or give Energy during combat at some time intervals with some passive trait disabling this particular trait? In PVP there were times when you are in fight but it’s bad idea to dive into all-out combat (especially with hammer) and you try to move or evade some attacks – you literally participate in combat, yet if not striking enemies you don't get any Energy and situation doesn’t go in your favor – here the most obvious decision is to use this trait, but personally preferred Hardened Auras for better sustain with not-so-mobile hammer.

Elemental Empowerment – idea is out of this trait, but for overall Catalyst. On hammer at least IMO it feels like it’s “Catalyst+Arcane and choose one trait” style instead of “Catalyst and choose two traits”. So I suggest that Elemental Empowerment also gives you 1% or 0.5% of attunement recharge rate per stack (to have it less dependent on delicious Arcane’s Elemental Enchantment trait.

Elemental Epitome – the description is not understandable: “Auras can be gained this way once per attunement per interval”. What is that “interval” – seconds, once per attunement, apples, what? IMO making a combo is not that easy in fight. So no intervals, give Elemental Empowerment at any aura application on yourself or give some solid description to this trait mechanic.

Staunch Auras – is 3 seconds duration enough? Maybe up to 5 seconds?

Out of Major Grandmaster Staunch Auras IMO is the best, because other two don’t look at glance like Grandmaster traits, more like something generic…Empowered Empowerment can be just numbers adjusted in Elemental Empowerment Minor trait; Sphere Specialist's + 50% increase in Jade Sphere’s boon duration also can be tweaked in Depth of Elements Minor trait…So no real playing style changes in this Major Grandmaster traits.

Utilities.

Tried Soothing Water, Relentless Fire, and Elemental Celerity both in PVE and PVP. Fortified Earth in PVE, Invigorating Air in PVP. For Shattering Ice – don’t see any value here, even after tweak, because chilling isn’t best condition that you always want to apply.

Suggestions: Fortified Earth should be stun breaker, for going out of high control in PVP with blocking attacks and giving barrier. Hammer at least doesn’t have much options to jump out of control pressure. Elemental Celerity: way better than before, shame it’s generic action, but idea isn’t so bad. Problem is that 90 seconds CD is a way too much for effect that does nothing by itself. Make it 60.

Added:

I have read several reviews, and I agree with the opinion that the lifetime of the spheres on the third ability on the hammer should be increased to 7-9 seconds, while maintaining the recharge when calling a new sphere in another element, in order to make it possible to use other abilities in the original element in battle, as well as to increase the combat potential during the passive bonuses of the spheres.

Also, in my opinion, moving the spheres from weapons to the utility skills section will lead to the fact that the spheres will not be in demand among players due to their insignificance as utilities compared to the skills of the core Elementalist.

Edited by Aru.2534
Added some thoughts after reading replies regarding Hammer's 3 skills.

21 hours ago, Kain Francois.4328 said:

In Core Tyria, they had FGS and Ice Bow, which was key to dungeon speedrunning.

at the start of the game - yes, not yet nerfed

So, before you counter argue, let me address some hypothetical points:

really rightly said - hypothetical

Utility skills usually aren't key to survival in group PvE

survival is an integral part of the passage, let those who use SMS without healers refute me

plus access to barrier, plus tons of evades.

this is a thread about an elementalist and not about a mirage or a thief

Weaver has approximately 15k HP

somewhere half of the necromancer

On 12/10/2021 at 12:24 PM, Peter.3901 said:

Ele was always the WORST dps class, and now that is getting decent some random potato come with some random youtube video to cry without a single reason.

Do you mean open world with "real content"? Not sure if trolling but answering this anyways. you are probably not a raid or fractal player otherwise you wouldnt call roul a random potato.

Any dps is picking full offensive utilities unless you really need specific stuff like wall of reflection or stand your ground. only tempest has access to such support skills. Dying is not the reason why weaver is currently not really played. It could have 20k hp and wouldnt see more play in fractals and raids.

Raids are braindead for dps. you dont need any sustain unless you run healerless or not breaking gorse. Some people just learned how this game works. nobody in an experienced group runs selfish defensive utilities. at most arcane shield if you really need a lot of dodges which current content doesnt require. 

For a long time ele was the most op dps. did you forget about release tempest or staff weaver?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Savach.7219 said:

survival is an integral part of the passage, let those who use SMS without healers refute me

I do run healerless a lot and nobody there takes selfish defensive utilities unless you can use them to ignore mechanics.

In cms its only dps utilities or cc skills. normal t4s see more use of defensive stuff like wall of reflection or stability. cata doesnt have access to guardian utilities so full dps it is.