Catalyst Feedback Thread

Fire Attunement.9835

9 hours ago, Horace.3184 said:

Catalyst is awful!  I'm talking PvE because WvW is otta the question given how "squishy" the class is in PvE.  You can't stay alive, period!  I don't understand why developers always use the same old stuff from other MMORPGs.  It's like the Mage on World of Warcraft...  Get to the Mage, you can take it out in one or two hits, don't get to it you're dead.  When staying alive is that intense, it takes away from everything else.  You can't even concentrate on combat from fear of dying.  I find myself attuning to water just to keep standing, which kills DPS and even then, I barely survive at times.

I'm thinking about dropping the "Celes" build and go Vit, Toughness and Power.  The class is ridiculous....really, I thought nothing could be worst than Core and Scouge Necro in WvW (not pve) but "Eles" are far the worst when it comes to sustain.  That's how I know all the "Eles" in WvW that constantly heal up while taking huge amounts of damage and even gain the yellow extra health bar from super self heals...  ARE HACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

I have some suggestiona for improving the fluidity of the catalyst specc. I do like the skills (most of them) but some seem too obnoxious imo.

1. Air skill 4: The CC is great and it looks nice but the self knockback of 600 range is super annoying, and disruptive when fighting. Either remove the knockback or just make it like 200 range or something.

2. Air skill 5: The visuals are very underwhelming and it's kinda boring and generic. I would beef up the visuals ALOT maybe a big thunderstrike or something.  

3. The energy system for the Jade Spheres. I really like the jade spheres, but I cannot understand why there is an added energy bar attached to a skill when it already has a cooldown. it is so difficult to track, and it doesn't autoregenerate to a base energy amount like Revenant, and it can only regenerate by doing damage. It is super frustrating to start a fight and not be able to put down a sphere. So either remove the energy bar completely, or make it like the Revenant giving you a base amount of energy whenever you leave combat and make it regenerate a set amount of energy in combat, it will make the skill much more reliable to use.  

Edited by Theonord.6359
  • Like 2