Vindicator Feedback Thread

BadSanta.6527

I know I'll be just repeating what was said earlier, but... well, I simply have the urge to write all this:

1. The spec feel awful. The whole idea of making skill flip for a profession, that have energy mechanic is bad. Revenant is very energy-hungry as he currently is, so you wont be able to stay in one legend (especially the new one) for too long, you always need to swap them to make the flow of the gamplay interesting and rewarding. With Legendary Alliance you have a lot of problems with such gamepaly - namely having fairly high energy costs and cooldowns on utility skills. Besides, if you want to have a good dps you always need to prioritize one type of utility skills over other, and to flip them you are either forced to use F2 (that also have cost and CD) or support skills after you swap back, and that also reduces your action options greatly.

2. The dodge mechanic is way too bad. I get the idea why you did what you did, but... Okay, imagine those 'raining men' running PvE/fractals/raids/strikes. If I was playing alongside THAT - I would be freaking scared of that circle when I see it and will try to remember WHAT KIND OF BOSS MECHANIC IS IT AND WHAT SHOULD I DO. I think, that the animation should be different, or rather the mechanic shoud be different here (like a gap closer or maybe some dash-aoe-explosion without leaving the screen).

It doesnt feel rewarding at all because it's way too long and the practical applicatin is way too vague. If we take, for example, mirage or daredevil - they have those dodge mechanics greatly affecting their gameplay. In case of vindicator - it feels like it's not needed at all.

3. Those icons don't fit revenant thematic at all -_-' they're looking like something elementalist should have, but not rev. I get the idea here too - the theme of kurzik/luxon, and damage/support colour differentiation. But... feels off somehow...

4. This spec will have a massive identity crisis in the curent meta. It feels like trying to sit on two chairs at the same time for an unknown reason. There's no way to make it 'only dps' - you are also forced to be 'support' even if it is only partially, and that one moment consumes your damage dealt greatly. Also, you can't simply swap around and make it a solid support spec too. So... what is that supposed to mean? What was your idea of this spec identity? In what part of the game should this spec be used effectively? In PvP - maybe. In WvW - only in 1v1 as I see it. Try this spec in fractals/raids and you get what I'm talking about.

5. F2 feels very bad and unneded in other legends. No, like, seriously... Endurance?! Yeah, the dodge mechanic is there, but... Okay, lets see what was there (F2) with other elite specs.

Herald - a pretty useful and unique support utility, that complements the spec's mechanics with energy upkeep and boons. We're not talking here about the spec's viability in high-end content, but in WvW/PvP/General PVE it is fun to play, and using F2 feels rewarding.

Revenant - you have also F3 and F4 utilities here, that also work great with the legend's theme. One of the most popular and relevant build for high-end PvE content was made because renegade have those F2 F3 F4.

Vindicator - ???... Okay, Vindicator is a selfish kitten, no questios here. But using F2 to flip one legend and get endurance in other?! It feels way too unusable and unrewarding if you ask me...

6. Traits... You effectively are forced to make half damage dealer half support with no actual suppot impact on your party. Granting might and regeneration to others? Not that valueable in current meta, where you have more potent ways to stack those. Granting vigor? Yeah, only to those, who won't be scared of your 'descending' animation, or those who have bad reaction to dodge that orange circle XD 10 seconds of protection with a 'cooldown' of a dodge? While there are firebrands/tempests/heralds out there - it is not needed at all.

TL:DR

The spec feels unrewarding and unneded in the current meta (well, maybe aside from PvP). The most problematic things being dodge mechanic and utility skill swapping. I really enjoy playing herald and renegade, and I was very excited to see the spec with GS, but... I never expected it to be this bad. It's not fulltime DPS, and it's not fulltime support. It can't be played effectively as either of those (imagine a double zipper, that binds and unbinds at the same time >_<''' - strange with almost none practical application, when you have a normal zipper 😄 ). The synergy with other professions is rather low, and I don't see how is it supposed to be played in high-end content (or where is it's rightful place other than PvP or WvW ganking).

What to do?

There are tons of various ideas in this thread, but one thing is obvious - the spec needs to be revised for sure. Split the legendary alliance!!!! Make two legends instead of one, so the spec can be played differently, or lock that stupid skill-flipping kitten and the current F2 for that legend will be fine.

Give F2 some more practical application for other legends, like, for example, normal dash or something like the current legend empowerment, or some new thematic skill for that legend.

Make traits more impactful! The idea you showed with Harbringer about having split traits for either power/condi/support types of builds is brilliant. That's the thing needed here - just make separate traits for those and that's it.

Rework the way this awful donkey kong jump works, PLEASE! I BEG YOU!

P.S. My opinion, is that this spec was made with only PvP in mind and the necessity to bind it with Cantha. In PvE (mostly in high-end) it will be pretty hard to use effectively because there are other specs, that can do all the same things, but better than vindicator. So in raids/fractals it won't be needed because he lacks quickness/alacrity for a group, and the skill-flipping will limit it's flow to 'burst-wait' gameplay.

Kinda dissapointed to see such a poor design...

P.P.S. A small 'soul scream':

Archemorus and Saint Viktor were sure tied with Canthan history and the.. ugh... greatsword? (not) 😄 In the original Guild Wars Factions there were a lot of interesting characters and stories, that could've been used for this new spec, and you decided to do the strangest thing out of them all - to tie kurziks and luxons and make '2 souls in one legend' with revenant's 'souls of the legendary figures channeling' theme. I would like to hear Shiro's comments from the 'stance' nearby, seriously.

Why didn't you guys use Kanaxai (like mainhand axe) and Urgoz (longbow)? Maybe it is tied to some new lore in EoD, but lore-wise those two would be more reasonable for revenant to make a contact with. Or maybe Emperor Kisu? Vizu? Togo? Mhenlo? There were so freaking many interesting options to make people who know the game's lore very excited. The only thing I remember tied to thoes two (Archemorus and Saint Viktor) is how I was dragging the spear and the urn around -_-'

And I was so freaking expecting Reiko of the ministry of purity to be the new legend tied to greatsword and 'mobility' 😄 I know it was too much of an expectation, but if it did happen - you would've have my eternal love for that.

But those two (Archemorus and Saint Viktor) are totally uninteresting to me. I think you don't get how excited were those people, who played the original Guild Wars, and remembered all of those 'legends' as an actual characters when playing revenant. And that's very dissapointing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

As a lover of greatswords I expected vindicator to be the one of these three that I'd enjoy the most. However it just didn't really click. It is definitely a revenant with a greatsword in playstyle, I guess I was hoping for more of a guardian or warrior or even mesmer greatsword feel but it's definitely revenant feel. Which is cool and interesting it just doesn't quite feel like what I expect from a greatsword. I tried PDPS and I tried Supports and I gotta say I just didn't like how either worked. I didn't feel like the damage or support provided were that good. The mechanics of the urn were a little off putting in either damage or support build as just the skill being there felt like something to avoid or get around. In fairness I didn't play it all that much when compared with how much I fell into bladesworn and given that most classes don't become effective until one becomes familiar with them so my opinion on vindicator may be somewhat in its infancy. I'll be interested to see what happens with this.

Testing day3

Swap mechanic  suggestion 

Regard to concept of Elite is use 2 legend. That mean other than swap , you can use alternative method as well in order to use 2 legend. So I would like to give 2 cent.

Alternative 1

1. Skill bar 6-0 on interface. You just put another skill bar on top and use Alt+ number 6-0 to control.

2. each of skill has individual cool down. 
this method can help player manage the skill. And you can redesign F2 mechanic 

Alternative 2

in case A Net still concept of swap

2.1. you may use ranger: Druid  mechanic as base to use F5 to swap legend. So F2 F3 F4 can redesign

only 1 skill bar shown

2.2 in case ANET don’t want to use Alt+ number

interface show active skill bar at bottom, inactive skill bar on top.. each of skill has individual cd.

when swap , the active shown at bottom bar , inactive skill bar move on top

Alternative3

back to origin plus mix and match

In Ally interface , player select healing Util Elite and put in slot on their own coz you have 2 heal 6 util and 2 elite. Then just make player design skill they want to use when swap.

• Confused 1

Being in the recent history of this game and the problems this was probably not a great name for this E-spec.  Its like for competitive the Renegade was merely just a PvE spec.  So if they were looking for Vindication with this one they absolutely and utterly failed and then called it the exact opposite of what it is.  I'm not even going to dare to touch whatever monstrosity they made the thief E-spec.

Main Revenant and for me the Vindicator is at the Moment Dead by Design!

Last time i need to write something in English is over 20 Years ago, so i try to keep this short. First of all, a few little Changes dont want to fix the Vindicator and i think the Community allready made most of there opinion about this clear. So i dont need to repeat everything. But i got some good ideas and like to start with the Dodge. 

The Revanant was Born in the Mists and because of that the Vindicator Dodge should be a Jump through the Mists, give the Boons Stability and Swiftness and could be a Explosion Finisher. Why is Stability and Swifness so important for this Dodge? Because you can interrupt it and the Vidicator is slow. For me thats need to be the first Maintrait

The second Maintrait need to be a Boon Reward for Block Skills. With the Espec Vindicator he got two Weapon Block Skills on Greatsword Skill 4, or Staff Skill 3 and the Boon must be Vigor. Because no matter if you go for Damage, or Heal Vigor is the most important Boon for the Vindicator, to Dodge soon again as long he got a only one Dodge Mechanic in a while. And as long someone need to decide between a Trait that gives Vigor, the other two Traits in that Line need to be better then a Block, or a Dodge in a fight Game.  

Even without these Changes is Imperial Guard at the Moment by far the best Greatsword Skill. But the Cooldown is to high for the only one Dodge Mechanic in a while and the Damage to low in the Moment you going to play a Heal, or a Support Build. Thats why we take a closer look to the Staff now: You can Block, clean Conditions, Heal and got a strong CC. What does the Greatsword got again, only one Block and more Damage. But the Damage is bad and is not getting better by Trait, like most of all other Greatsword Skills in the Game. No matter if i take a look for the Guard, or the Warrior Traits, they get Might. Sometimes Boons Heal them like the Necromancer (Reaper) if he does Chill = Might = Heal. The Vindicator on the other Side got nothing like that. The Guard got Whirling Wrath, the Warrior got Hundred Blades, the Vindicator got Eternity's Requiem with a higher Cooldown and random Hits. Sometimes it Hit nothing (could be a bug) but anyway if it Hits something the Damage is way to low. If you go for Support its not getting better and the Staff is by far  the better choise then anyway.

One last thing. At the Moment the Greatsword is the wrong Weapon for this Espec, because most of all other Weapons the Revanant got are still better. Thats why the Greatsword Skills should at least swap Skills like the Utility Skills does for Damage, or Heal / Support. But i would prefer a choice between this two Legends, because i like to play Power and there still is no real Power Espec. Herald is Support (Shild), Renegade is Condition (Bow) and the Vindicator is Support (Greatsword) again? The Greatsword is a waste to this Espec the way it is, but i would love to see my Revenant one day holding Eternity in it Hands, because the Name is Titania Eternity and to use Eternity Skills would be fun^^

P.s.: The Beta Test was no fun for me, because i hate most of everything about the Vindicator (i like the Idea). It was like no one in your Team ever played the Herald, the Renegade, the Revenant, or the Vindicator before by him self and knew at the End what will come out if your Team mix up Bs Mechanics with Bs Skills and Bs Traits. I mean this needs a complete Rework, or it will be Dead by Design at release again. And this is not a Pandemic fould, its just lazy Creation of People that not into their own Game!  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Vindicator was fun for me, probably because I seldomly play revenant ^^

Greatsword :

• AA and #4 ar good.
  • #2 casttime could be a little faster or should hit a bit harder.
  • I seldomly used #3, if you are already in melee range this skill adds nothing,
  • #5 Playeranimation and effect do not match, I understand that you want to use this nice animation from Gravedigger, but I think it does not fit with laying "mines" randomly

Utility : I like the switch mechanic between the two legends, but I must agree it is not optimal. The skills itself seems fine, except the urn (mostly because you already have two skill to cycle through and it will be less accessible if one has two phases).

I really like the Trait that gives you Healing Power/Power depending on your HP.

I greatly dislike the new dodge-mechanic. It takes to long (while you can do nothing, which is boring) and only having one dodge is hard. I would prefer a little swap with animtions. Use dodge animation (landing) for GS#5 and make either a new animation for dodge (like a short phase through portals) or use a gapcloser animation to keep the theme of advancing. If you make the dodge time short go back to two dodge bars. If you go back to two dodge bars maybe make something new on GS#3 or add another effect or more damage to also make it useable in melee range.

Vindicator was the spec i played the most over time but i mostly used it in open world so that's where my feedback will mostly be aimed towards.

Utilities and legend swap 

the skill flip was actually a lot easier to keep track of as time went on honestly, it didnt feel that tough to keep track of and play around with.  The only issue i had was the lack of cc on either of the two legends. i think the leap utility and/or the Spear of Arch could use some cc because anytime i faced against anything with a breakbar there was basically no chance of me breaking it on my own. 

I almost never used the elite skills in any situation, the urn drains way too much energy on top of health and breaking it didnt feel that impactful but then again i had no healing gear on so that may have been why.

Greatsword

the hit box from skill to skill felt weirdly inconsistent because without moving i would easily hit GS 2 while completely whiffing on the True Strike. The payoff for getting blocks on  the counter felt very underwhelming when trying to use true strike, the activation time also felt too long. The sound effect on the counter was really great though

GS 3  felt very inconsistent range wise even with a target. it would stop short on a whim sometimes. 

GS 5 felt very satisfying especially when paired with Impossible odds from Shiro or just being used against a group of enemies.

GS 2 is an ok skill but like others have said, it feels weightless and would feel a lot better if the fx were paired with a downward strike like the Maul animation

Traits

This is the part where i'm uncertain of giving feedback because it's not my forte at all but i do have some thoughts

None of them feel like they interact that meaningfully with anything but the dodge, which i kind of understand but it would feel great if one gave a bonus to you if you used greatsword or for using the right utility in a situation. Or maybe an interaction with the elite skills like Dropping the urn allowing you to rez downed players or the spear giving you a damage bonus or a defense debuff on the enemies in an area around the target you hit with it.

The dodge

I have very mixed feelings about the dodge.

Personally i would have liked it as a profession skill but i understand if you prefer it as a dodge alone

the healing dodge felt great to use and was probably the most universally useful even without healing gear, the boon jump was great too especially with reaver's curse trait if you aimed it well but i skipped the damage jump entirely due to the endurance cost also i was hit out of the latter half fairly often so i'm not sure if it was just user error or if the dodge needs more invincibility

Looking forward to see what it looks like in February.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought the class was interesting to play and i had fun.

My thoughts on it

the doge mechanics  -i wish the master tier had a choice on what type of dodge you had like in thief so i can have at least 1 to choose to have a normal dodge instead o f always jumping.

Utility sills - The flip skills were ok, just wish i could choose what skill i want to use instead of always using the flip skill or using the f2 button to change to what skill i want to use.

My Rev Renegade is my favorite class to play ( in fact I have two of them ) 

My thoughts on the Vindicator though is not that good though.

The double legendary swapping gets very old after a little bit of time. Would be better you had the option to lock down one.

I actually preferred playing the class on demon and assassin legends to avoid the nuisance of the double legends.

The dodge mechanic is terrible !  For example when killing a foe and you dodge out of a aoe that triggered on death or happened to cast before it died you are without a dodge on the next mob. Its just dosent flow well at all.

The 2 hand GS skill are ok . Nothing to write home about but not bad.

I do not see my giving up Renegade for this class.

• Like 1

With the Vindicator, it's just kind of meh. I like that you can really fill a support role with this plus Ventari or a damaging role with Shiro. That was really fun to me. However, I wasn't the biggest fan of the fact that your utility skills were constantly switching from support to damage. That made them unreliable. The F2 did help a little bit, but I would sometimes press it to get a certain skill back, but then switch the rest of my skills even though that's not something I wanted to do. Part of that was just me not being very smart, but it was still a pain. I would've enjoyed it a lot more if there was a way to "lock" what skills you used (possible F3) that way they just stay Archemorus or St. Viktor skills. Or even, if we're trying to break the rules here, just have two separate legends. Going back to the F2, it was kind of useless outside of the Alliance legend. Of course, there's the endurance bonus which is useful, but that's all there really was and that was kind of underwhelming. The dodge rolls were cool and all, but I just wish that it didn't take so long to recharge, but I think that's something that I'll just have to get used to. I loved the greatsword though. That was extremely fun to play with, although I felt like it was a bit too powerful, so maybe look into that...?

After experimenting with the Vindicator these are some of findings on what I liked and didn't like:

On the positive: I really liked the new dodge (it needs some improvements on the speed/effectiveness). I liked the theme of having archemorous and saint Viktor. Greatswords function was great, as a power only weapon it lacks and is underwhelming but I found its best usage on hybrid. Greatswords eliminated the necessity for staff and allowing for a set that can both DPS and defend. The overall mobility of Vindicator allowed to create builds that weren't reliant on Shiro as well. The flow of the class is pretty good, I didn't find that as much on, for example, the elementalist elite spec.

On the negative: archemorous/Viktor needs some improvements. The elite skills especially are very underwhelming. I attempted using the summoned spear but the cast time and cost is simply not worth it for such low damage - it also can't be used properly at range since it misses on targets that can basically sidestep (no dodge or risk needed on the enemies part). Viktors urn was pretty bad, I couldn't find a use for this in any build - more often then not it gets you killed and doesn't support allies in any meaningful way - both of the elite skills need a complete rework in my opinion. The ranged cast that gives quickness or condi clear I feel should be a larger AoE around the caster rather then a ranged casting - and some improvements to it would be needed (I won't suggest what though, I'd rather leave that to the balance team).  Other utilities: The stun breaks were good same with the heals (I felt were balanced based on the fact that I believe this legend was intended to be used without Shiro), the leap I believe would need an evade frame to match the dodge roll backwards, to make it more consistent and reliable to use. Lastly on traits that affect the dodge roll (leap) the damage one and the boon one (that offers a tiny bit of damage) need improvement. I would recommend making them match the same casting speed time as the heal/barrier leap. For the damage one, if you choose not to increase the AoE or speed, I'd like to see an AoE launch on the land added to the damage - actually even if you removed the damage the launch would be more beneficial, then adding the DPS part to the boon leap. 

Non-combat related: would like to hear commentary from archermous/Victor more, and the effects of skills, like the elites for example - need to feel more elite.

So a few things that if you developers happen to read this, I feel would make Vindicator a lot more fluid/fun to play without making it overpowered.

Let’s get some hard cc maybe on urn flip over. Improve the urn upkeep skill, less energy cost, less self damage, perhaps some kind of outgoing damage component. Buff pve dps, possibly split the 15% damage buff on dodge across game modes, make it much higher in pve. The f2 is kinda weak, would be nice if it did something more than restoring energy in other legends. Improve the spear elite, less cast delay, more damage. GS 4 block buffs need to last much longer to be useful.

I hate to have to admit that after waiting this long to finally get to play a GS Rev, that i didn't really enjoy myself. I was massively disappointed in many aspects, but the worst was not having 2 proper dodge rolls. 

Also, give me more cool things to do with my GS. It was visually lacking.

• Thanks 3

Vindicator:

DODGE

For the love of the Six, please make this CLIENT side. I hardly see this complaint because obviously majority of players are in the US but for us on the other side of the world, being stuck in the dodge animation SUCKS.

GREATSWORD

Is the tooltip wrong? It says 900 range but the dodge feels like 450 or less.

Aside from that, greatsword feels great and very fun to use.

ALLIANCE TACTICS

This really needs to be a separate F- skill. I’ve hardly found an instance where I need BOTH endurance and the legend swap because regardless of the build, I’ll always be running Energy Sigils.

ENERGY MELD

on the other hand… is way too costly. Compared to Revenant’s core skill Ancient Echo, why does it have BOTH a cooldown AND energy cost? You’re already starved for energy when in Alliance stance because you have 10 utility skills, so this profession mechanic just exacerbates that issue further. Either give it an energy cost or cooldown, but not BOTH. Everyone else is asking for an additional effect but I'm just asking for a cheaper cost to use.

UTILITIES

Awakening – this skill needs to grant (1s) stability. It has a cast time so I thought it was standard that Breakstuns with a cast time give stability for the duration of the cast?

Spear of Archemorus is just okay. At least make it pierce targets so it hits the intended target. At 2000 range, anything could easily get in the way.

Urn of Saint Victor should just not have a cast time at all. It already has the downside of damaging yourself which means that if the cast gets cancelled while I have it channeled, I’m double punished for using a skill that has a VERY underwhelming effect. Also, the boons should just be given regardless of health threshold. Or make all boons activate at less than 50% health instead.

TRAITS

Leviathan Strength – Assuming Energy Meld is split with Alliance tactics, 20 seconds cooldown will be too much. Reduce it to 10 seconds because the skills in question only have at most 10 seconds cooldown anyway which makes using it a liability in general. Double casting certain skills is quite strong, yes, but it’s not like Revenant will have enough energy to spare to double cast EVERYTHING in realistic scenarios. Moreover, support builds get the shorter end of the stick because most of the Archemorous side is useless for them. Healers do not need damage or self-might, etc.

Amnesty of Shing Jea - should give a different effect depending on the legend you use F2 with, or at least a different effect from the alliance stance.

Angsiyan’s Trust – assuming Alliance tactics is split, give this effect to Energy meld instead

Forerunner of Death – The dodge duration is TOO long. It’s supposed to be the DPS dodge so having a long dodge just ruins dps uptime. Also, the maximum dodge requirement is too high. Just keep it at 100 then make Vassals of the Empire max at 75. Reduce the dodge duration to max Vassals of the Empire

Vassals of the Empire – Make this cap endurance at 75 instead.

Why we can not choose what skills we want to use? Why can't this work like it does for other classes? 

https://i.imgur.com/FKg9BcR.png

Other classes have it, everyone can set what suits him best. By creating a closed list, the opponent (PvP) receives a set of skills and can predict the next move.

One dodge is not enough, especially this one. With such a solution, there is no possibility of escaping and saving yourself.

Testing day3 part3

Jumping duration is propositions with amount of endurance use. 
3 bar got longest distance and cd while 1bar endurance has shortest jump range but can jump frequently 

the problem is enemy see the area damage so they avoid or track you when you use jump to flee from battle.  
for 3 bar trait , you will be dead meat coz no skill to evade attack. Only Gs skill4 for flank block.

after trial. shiro might be only one solution to flee when your enemy sincerely  serve you with their feet .

for Jalis , it can help you onlt if you put Sw main hand  and devastation trait Other than that … bye bye

For invocation. It can help in pve but not pvp. Coz energy gain is few and F2 skill to refill endurance don’t help much . Why.? Coz endurance bar need to be max 100% in order to use again. While energy , it can help player to select some skill to fight back..

I just thinking, if……player can select when he want avoid by dodge or he want to slam the ground to beat enemy by jump. It would be perfect.

2 hours ago, Ephyr.2175 said:

Why we can not choose what skills we want to use? Why can't this work like it does for other classes? 

https://i.imgur.com/FKg9BcR.png

Other classes have it, everyone can set what suits him best. By creating a closed list, the opponent (PvP) receives a set of skills and can predict the next move.

One dodge is not enough, especially this one. With such a solution, there is no possibility of escaping and saving yourself.

This is what I'd like to have instead of the dual legend swap.

On 9/24/2021 at 7:37 PM, Ecabott.1924 said:

Few Suggestions.

1. Seperate the legends and make two legends, legendary kurzick champion stance and legendary luxon champion stance.

2. Make both elite skills upkeep that changes your 1-5 skills. Archemorus elite gives 1-5 spear skills while Victor elite gives 1-5 urn skills.

3. The dodge mechanics doesn't suit what the elite spec is about, regular dodges would be very better.

4. Few Unique Fn skills, vindicator should not be limited to its legends.

5. Make Gs 5 skill targeted leap like daredevil's staff 5 and then create aoe rift of damage where you land.(so that stabbing the ground is not totally gone)

6. Gs skills need polishing and new animations. Also gs skill icons could be more revenant like.

Suggestion for Dodge:

Give vindicator normal dodges and one Fn skill that does the current long dodge on big cooldown, give invuln and zoom out the fov while in the air, also increase movement speed while on air and don't pause while landing.

• Like 8

- greatsword skills feel good but dont fit the identity of vindicator

- dodges of dps variant and mid variant take forever and dont feel very fun

- Spear of Archemorus feels unimpactfull although i understand that with 2k range it cannot be too good as there is already enough classes that can oneshot from 2k range and it is the most unfun expirience about WvW
- support capabilities of the vindicator are way too good, especially the dodge with 50 endurance in combination with alot of endurance gain, but since this is the focus of vindicator in PvE as i can see it it is OK as firebrand still exists.

Legendary Alliance Stance is just not fun and annoying to use as the whole energy consumption and energy managment feels of for me, it just has to be adjusted for this class to really shine as if it consumes way too much energy and when being this low i might just swap to another legenend anyway, just rework this skill a bit it will help overall energy managment and it will not feel off, make it punishing in other way than just taking most of the energy away.

Legendary Alliance Stance feels unimpactfull or even useless when in other legends, only in support version is very strong because of the 50 endurance on support dodge

- overall if the flow of the skills in combination with energy managment will be better and more fluid this will be really fun class to play in pvp/wvw it will be hard to balance right and some of the skills might lack usage but we will see. The biggest win is for me as that it has zero dps in PvE, i just dont enjoy using dodge in rotation for me it is just not fun.

This is my first post, so first thing first: thank you ArenaNet for this great game and for the Revenant, I like it very much, but I think the core profession need some adjustment:

1. Reduce the energy cost of some utility skills, just 2-5 point less here and there (for istanceInspiring ReinforcementRiposting ShadowsPurifying Essence) will improve the flow of revenant gameplay.
  2. Enchanted Daggers (Shiro Heal): increase a bit the base healing of this skill.
  3. Hammer: this is the only ranged option for revenant. Increase the speed of all the skills would be better than nothing.

Now, about VINDICATOR: I'm happy that finally I can use a GS with Revenant, is a well rounded weapon to use vs many enemy, while double sword is still a more useful setup vs a single foe. The flip/flop skills are a not much bad, we have another legend to switch if necessary and there is always Alliance Tactics to get the skill one need, but perhaps the energy cost and CD are too high. Having only 1 dodge scary me a bit 😅 but is a cool skill and with some improvement will be ok.

So, overall my feedback about this new E-Spec is positive, it fill a gap in the Revenant arsenal, a power aoe build with good utility skills, even if is less exciting of what I was expecting, but I think is because we already have much, hence is hard to find something really new to implement.

There are already many interesting and constructive feedback, but we learned that "2 is better than 1", so I'll add my suggestions here, trying to propose an easy and acceptable fix for Vindicator in a short way.

Greatsword:

1. increase damage and range, it's a greatsword after all. The range of the 1st skill is 130 as a sword, but I had the feeling it was even shorter.
  2. True Strike: the damage should be increased by a portion of damage blocked, not by the number of attack blocked, this way will be more useful in pve too. It would be even more fun if this skill open a mist portal in front of the revenant and another one at the back of the enemy reflecting the damage to the source! 🤭
  3.  Eternity's Requiem: add "chilling".  

Utility Skills:

1. Heal: increase a little the base heal.
  2. Scavenger Burst: add AoE (360°) pull, like Heated Rebuke.
  3. Tree Song: add AoE (360°) knockback.
  4. Spear of Archemorus: increase damage, add pierce and cripple.
  5. Urn of Saint Viktor: remove self damage, reduce energy cost. Let the Revenant recive -50% healing, -50% strike and condition damage, but the Rev does -50% damage, increase radius, add stability.      

F2: there are already good suggestions, like add boons based on legend. Reduce CD.

Jump: should be 120-85-50 energy (perhaps the 150 dodge was designed to be used only against pve bosses, but the cost is too high). Add "evade" for all animation duration, increase range and speed of lateral movement (it's not fair that enemy player can just run away without lose a dodge), add 2 consecutive knockdown wave (360°) at the end of the jump. This will be a CC useful in all game mode, will not be OP in pvp/wvw because enemy player can jump over the wave, but will anyway add pressure to them, and will finally make the Revenant the BOSS it deserve to be 😁.

A more complicated variation would require to revert the dodge to normal state, shift the Jump skill to F2, and let the player chose wich side of the skill want to use out of combat. But this will change too much the original idea of this E-Spec, therefore I think this will never happen.

Edited by Sirius.5029