Vindicator Bug Thread

Fire Attunement.9835

• ArenaNet Staff

If something is obviously not working as intended–if skills and traits don’t work as expected from the descriptions or if they don’t interact with core traits as expected–let us know here!

If you want to share feedback on how the vindicator plays, talk to us in the feedback thread!

• Like 1

The landing animation bugs out and doesn't play if you continue moving after landing.  For example, pressing forward and holding it while you're in the air and continue holding it even afterwards.  In order to see the landing animation, you need to stop moving right before landing.

Also, this may not be a bug, but I've been CC'd out of the dodge while in the middle of the dodge, while in the air several times.  I don't think that's working as intended, but I could be wrong.

Edited by Lonewolf Kai.3682
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Using the Vindicator's dodge, any of them, does not remove stacks of branding. Have not tested on Chak or Karka, but likely doesn't remove stacks of chak acid or facehuggers, either.

Edit:

Confirmed it.  Upon being hit with Chak build up or Young Karka, you cannot dodge off the status effect.  You're stuck with building stacks of Chak, Karka, or Brand.

Edited by Elan.7523
  • Thanks 2

Dodges are affected by slow in 2 ways: the animation becomes way longer and the aoe "aim" thing moves slower. A similar thing, except with a regular animation, happens with chill/cripple.

My character is locked for half a second after dodging, every time. 

Urn of Saint Viktor says "1% damage" on the tooltip, but kills me in 20 pips, meaning it's 5% damage. 
Can't be double tapped as said in the stream since Drop can only be used after 1 second and has a long cast. 

Not sure if it's a bug but can't be intended: Urn can get interrupted, forcing you to die with your own 5% (again, not 1%) self-damage. 

Death Drop takes twice the time of Imperial Impact, having, in fact, less DPS despite the higher cost. And the only damage modifier of the spec is on that trait. 

Leviathan Strength doesn't refresh the healing skill, but you already know that. And to be honest that trait should be removed entirely. It only allows for Alliance to become a bit similar to core revenent skills that already have no cooldown. Just put a damage modifier on that. 

Edited by Kidel.2057
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hash.8462 said:

Legendary Alliance can be used underwater, but trident skill don't have an associated additional effect for the legend.

The fact there is no trident in the equipment box tells me they forgot about it's existence... Or forgot to update the box since last beta round when revs didnt have it yet

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LuRkEr.9462 said:

GS skill 3 is only moving ~240 units. Says range is 900 with a cleave of 240, however the "Rush" part is not working.

Slight correction, it is 400 units. I verified using Taco range markers.

I'd assume the tooltip itself is wrong, but I'll be hopeful and assume it is supposed to be a 900 unit dash. Plz fix or, if intended to be 400, why? It's useless as a movement ability. At least make it 600 unit range if that's the case.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Randomm.2470 said:

The fact there is no trident in the equipment box tells me they forgot about it's existence... Or forgot to update the box since last beta round when revs didnt have it yet

They added GS to the box, so they simply forgot Rev has a trident too. 

Not to mention the new dodge is meh underwater. 

• Like 2