Vindicator Bug Thread

Fire Attunement.9835

Client hangs when entering wvw as vindicator.

I haven't read through all 6 pages, but has the vindicator->wvw bug been posted? Basically when i'm on vindi and decide to go to wvw, the client hangs and i have to manually close and relaunch it. I need to NOT be a vindicator (rene, herald, core are all fine) then swap to vindi once in wvw.

On 5/9/2022 at 2:41 PM, Funky.4861 said:

Client hangs when entering wvw as vindicator.

I haven't read through all 6 pages, but has the vindicator->wvw bug been posted? Basically when i'm on vindi and decide to go to wvw, the client hangs and i have to manually close and relaunch it. I need to NOT be a vindicator (rene, herald, core are all fine) then swap to vindi once in wvw.

This probably isn't universal which is why it probably hasn't been posted; I don't have this issue for example

I have glitched LOT into walls and stuff with vindicator. I think maybe best fix is to make the dodge like a thief bound and even add 2 dodges because it feels terrible and clunky with 1 long dodge. the dodge is so long its telagraphed and lot people dodge or walk out it with ease. If had fix something about all new specs is you cant really que skills to follow up a cc or damage chain. I think this apples to most the new specs. about all feed back can give. 

Edited by GenerationX.9178
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, phokus.8934 said:

Going to throw this as a bug but Static Field will cancel dodge.

I'm going to err on the side of this likely being intended. While it feels a bit counterintuitive to have something on the ground cancel your dodge, I suspect ANet wanted it to follow the normal trend of warding effects denying evade frames. We are able to benefit from ground effects while in the air, so IMO it does make sense for us to also be affected by warding effects. It just happens to feel much worse on the spec since we have one dodge and lose out on the strong effects attached to it.

Not actually sure...do warding lines deny the additional dodge effects for Daredevil and Mirage? Pretty sure they do for Daredevil but not sure if the Mirage ambush window gets cancelled.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, phokus.8934 said:

Going to throw this as a bug but Static Field will cancel dodge.

lol, just change dodge fly to dodge CRAWL to justify it being cc'able to ground effects. vindi should crawl, not fly, to look like dog it is now. also phantom onslaught should be renamed to phantom jump, problem fixed.

Almost a year since it has been reported during elite spec beta last year, and Vindicator is still susceptible to CC while dodging. I got pulled, feared and dazed while in midair during the dodge both in WvW and on open world, which both caused my dodge to end early and fully depleted my endurance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...