Bladesworn Feedback Thread

Fire Attunement.9835

Delete banners.

Until you do that - it doesn't matter how many DPS specs you add to warrior, everyone will keep treating it as support and keep calling it by a very unsavory name, breeding further resentment towards the class. And the new spec's abbreviated name doesn't help matters in that regard either, quite the opposite, it sounds like a cruel joke on developers' part.

And while you're at it - delete all unique buffs. All the empowered allies, ranger spirits, spotters, assassin's presences, pinpoint distributions, fractal augmentations and potions, and other powercreep that keeps bloating the combat system. You created the concept of boons for this very reason: to avoid having to juggle hundreds of buffs, each stackable with each other, each doing something unique that needs to be remembered and accounted for. Passive 100% uptime stat buffs provide no gameplay value. But what they do provide, is unmitigated powercreep in a game that has long been begging for huge dps nerfs across the board.

This is my bladesworn feedback, because no matter what it can do, how does it play or how ridiculous its damage is - it will forever live in the shadow of its banners. Just like berserker has for 6 years. Just like warrior has for 9 years.

Edited by ZEUStiger.3590
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 28
  • Sad 1

This spec awesome. Here, well, nothing to be angry against. Very great job anet, my feel but this second round of specs feels better than first. I line utilities that are kind of holo barriers and a mine, remind me of engie. Definitely gonna create a character in eid for that specialization.

All the skills animations looks cool, the comvat geels dynamic. The skills have trails kinda like holosmith, i am in love. My warrior is happy and will get an eod upgrade.

My only nitpick would be about the gunblade that cannot have its skin changed. I am thinking, could we have a third weapon duo set in hero equipment pannel? Like, we select a sword skill and a pistol one and the game render the pistol put on the blade? Maybe this is not possible, in this case no worries I love the gunblade look anyway.

That's it. ;D impatient to discover what you have in store for the three remaining specs. Especially engie, cause, well, i m 9 yeaes engie main. Cya, going to try ele, i mean catalyst and add its feedback.

Edited by hugo.4705
  • Like 11
  • Confused 14

The skills seem alright for the most part (I still wish pistol was MH). 

My problems so far are around the gunsaber. We're locked into that and another weapon in combat, and that's OK I guess (I'd rather have it as a 3rd weapon all the time, but I can live without it). BUT, if it's  acting like my permanent 2nd weapon set I don't want to have different keybindings to make it swap like another weapon, being on F1 is making it super clunky. Only being able to use Dragon Trigger once I've swapped to gunsaber is also really clunky. Number and meta and everything else aside, those 2 things making use of the gunsaber more difficult than it should be are throwing off my groove. 

further thoughts: damage seems kinda low,  i can't seem to hit numbers any higher than other specs and the trigger is more difficult to pull off than I anticipated. Cooldowns are too long, even with traits and the elite, and flow takes quite a while to build up. I find it very easy to accidentally move and cancel Dragon Trigger, I kinda expected a rooting more like Deadeye kneeling. 

Edited by Angel Hunter D.5037
  • Like 17

I love the Bladesowrn.
Not sure what exactly there is still needed in terms of smaller balances, but it feels great!

The only thing I would like to see, is if Flow stays if you exit combat.
Reason beeing is that it takes quite some time to build up and most enemies in the open world are dead before you are at 100.

Not to mention that for some open world enemies, opening up with the second drach slash might be more exciting/interessting. 

"Small addon": Let us skin GS over the gunsabre

Edited by Brunnsteinangel.2568
  • Like 8
  • Confused 6

Feels rly clunky and only usefull in pve grp content. Maybe it's time to reroll - theer is no warrior love from anet. Flow build up time is way to long to be a lot usefull + 5sec channel makes it useless in wvw/pvp. Pistol skills feels good, but the rest is....

Edited by Dragot.1957
  • Like 17
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

I'll come here later with more ideas:

For starter's coefficients need a small bumb in Gunsaber. For the weapon to feel rewarding to use, it needs to bring some dmg to the table as well. It was afterall a fluid weapon as per your words. It rly needs a tiny upscale. Even with Berserker Amulet and offensive Runes, T1-level Triggers may crit for 2k .

Secondly, even with Discipline, we get locked for too long outside the Gunsaber at 8+seconds, which does not help at all in our case when we need to activate the Trigger and deliver a burst to get some sustain/offense. Make it 8s Baseline, with 6s being the least we can have. The Gunsaber has afterall, too high skill CDs and even with the Elite, you easily burn through them in means of dealing dmg. Lot's of effects but little impact..

The barrier scaling doesn't feel as strong as it seemed to possibly be. I think it's balanced for the time being, will give more info as I test out the spec in more environments. I'll post somethings in the bug thread now.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, crewthief.8649 said:

Thus far, Dragon Trigger #1 (Dragon Slash) I think does extremely underwhelming damage in PvP. Considering the setup and trade-off required to fire one off, I feel like it should be the hardest hitting skill in the game. Please buff its damage.

Ikr, like the flow you need to build for you to spend at least 2 seconds to charge a T1 Slash barely matches Core Warrior T1 decapitate or something. Like we need quickness to say that the dmg is remotely justified by what we have to do to utilize it.

• Like 5

2k coefficient for max damage is too low in PvP, there is no point in using dragon stance over whirling axe.

Dragon stance is too telegraphed and unrewarding

Flow gain is too low FOR THE DAMAGE THAT IT DOES, we are literally pidgeonholed into arms (flow everytime you crit) > daring dragon (because you can do dragon burst over and over, but good luck hitting moving targets, the unblockable trait is not good enough, you are better off using arms for unblockable) >  and off-hand axe + cleansing ire just so you can build flow fast enough and have enough survivability. I'm even having trouble fitting discipline in for this spec, without defense or tactics you just die to conditions and blind spam. Without arms you get block spammed to death.

Actually scratch that you HAVE TO HAVE discipline but without arms, GL landing dragon attacks when the base cd for dragon stance is way too high so you can't even use unblockable dragon, you have to use daring dragon for constant pressure FROM the mechanic. The gunsaber should be allowed to generate flow, so far it's mobility and 3 skills is ok but if were forced to use it it has to do something with the flow regen.

And without defense/tactics good luck sustaining, even with the barrier trait (it's 800 barrier instead of 1300, really?)

Even if it crits, it doesn't feel rewarding. The damage needs to be HIGHER in spvp or else spellbreaker will be the only decent warrior spec and why even use dragon stance skills over whirling axe. Common sense please ANET.

https://i.gyazo.com/deb474e5539df0ad9c1d77554d2956bf.png - whirling axe = 5k

https://i.gyazo.com/0c7af07146405069231f5201c24773a8.png - dragon slash force - 2k WHILE ROOTED

??????????????????? Am I doing something wrong? What is going on?

Edited by BlackTruth.6813
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 4

Just now, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Ikr, like the flow you need to build for you to spend at least 2 seconds to charge a T1 Slash barely matches Core Warrior T1 decapitate or something. Like we need quickness to say that the dmg is remotely justified by what we have to do to utilize it.

Agreed. It really makes zero sense considering the trade-off.

If F1 triggers On-swap Effects may as well move the button over to the default weapon swap for some QoL for all warriors. Clicking F1 and then exiting by both F1 and weaponswap is confusing and our weaponswapping which you decided to remove here (idc about it now tho) has been integral part of our gameplay. It's not like we get extra beneffits from carrying a second set. Ele and Engi can do that too and it's simply part of the mechanic of weaponswapping. Unless if you put some additional effects on Gunblade equip to justify it as F1. 

Otherwise, this would go long way to remove some of the spec's clunkiness. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

That reminds me without burst on normal weapons you can't burst, weapon swap, burst. You could do that on core or SPB if your first burst didn't land so you could at least possibly trigger some traits a little quicker (cleansing ire and the like).

It's very fun, and I like playing it, everything looks nice, but the utilities seem very lackluster (I could see maybe the stab one see play, the others not so much), and Dragon Triggers damage in PvP seems a bit low for how slow and telegraphed it is. Especially if you don't use the third option in the grandmaster slot which feels a bit too mandatory in PvP. Otherwise, I have no complaints.

• Like 3

No one expected this to one shot, but you guys really couldn't let this thing do as much damage as Dragon Hunter's True Shot in PvP?

https://i.imgur.com/XFOqehI.png (6k Dragon Blade Force on medium target golem)

https://i.imgur.com/CXo01Db.png  (6k and 10k True Shot on medium target golem)

Edited by mortrialus.3062
  • Like 14

PvP View:

Until now, the class seem awesome.
The flow really get the  feel of being like a flowing through the battle. The DMG still a little low, because I was adapting myself with the new  E-spec, mid-range dmg seem awesome. No problem with swap at all, I don't even remeber to use discipline.

And for the other not all my build has discipline it isn't not a requiriment if you are playing a different build.

And thanks Rifle seem to be good.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

My problem with Bladesworn is not about numbers or anything.

I simply have no idea what im suppose to do with it.

Its not good for openworld.

Its not good for solo play.

Its not good for WvW.

Maybe its for PvP/Roaming. Something i have no interest in.

All in all, i will sit this one out as there is nothing to find for me here.

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
Spelling
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

My problem with Bladesworn are not about numbers or anything.

I simply have no idea what im suppose to do with it.

Its not a good for openworld.

It not good for solo play.

Its its not good for WvW.

Maybe its for PvP/Roaming. Something i have no interest in.

All in all, i will sit this one out as there is nothing to find for me here.

It's supposed to do unblockable burst damage over and over with daring dragon, but why use dragon skills when whirling axe hits harder and you're mobile. ANET is literally doing stupid things.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 15
  • Confused 3

I mean dont get me wrong Warrior having higher APM is fun but if a lower APM spec like spellbreaker is going to be better anyways in PVP, why even bother with dragon attacks.

It's so stupid ANET, so stupid you people will NEVER LEARN WHAT BALANCE AND FAIRNESS means.

Edited by BlackTruth.6813
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

a little bit more boring than berserker for open world. I mean, thigs die fast enough to never get to use the class at all. Things die twice as fast using just regular Axe autoattack than full skill set of gunblade. Dragon Trigger is boring after doing it 2 or 3 times. Not worth of replacing the burst. Over all I'm having problems trying to see where does this spec fit. Its just yet another power dps build for warrior but worst.

Edited by Mesket.5728
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The normal bust needs to be reinstated in addition to dragon slash.

Dragon slash is alot harder to  pull.

The flow gains seems to be a tad bit slow and TOO quick  when it starts to drop.   I built up the flow from one group of mobs, and as like 5 sec later it went down before I even get to the nearby mob.  

Edited by quaniesan.8497
  • Like 5