Bladesworn Feedback Thread

Fire Attunement.9835

WHY CAN YOU STILL JUMP DRAGON TRIGGER!?

First off Thank You for:

Giving it -some- might generation.

Reducing the charge time, makes Dragon Trigger feel a lot better.

-----------------

Pistol Feedback:

I would prefer the 4 skill to me a movement skill instead of the 5 skill if I had to choose.

The sill 4 dash is still criminally short.

What is the point of having the pushback on the pistol 5 vary from 20 to 120 range? Both are superfluous at best. Also why only change lush forest to function differently from Unshakable Mountain? It was mentioned in the preview post that this was to "avoid the playstyle of just spamming the last charge of ammunition."

Trait Feedback:

With Unshakable Mountain you're going to do the above in PvP anyway. While the OLD [Lush Forest] triggering off the last charge of amination had a cool interaction with the pistol 5 skill (i.e. either charging it up for burst damage or being able to spam the last charge for cooldown reduction) the NEW [Lush Forest] just makes the whole class play like pre-update firebrand mantras: Where you're just sitting there NEVER USING ANY OF THE AMUNITION ON THE AMUNITION SKILLS because don't want to recharge your mantra / want the cooldown reduction. Which is MUCH less fun. In my opinion anyway.

Skill Feedback:
As with all Warrior Specializations all of the utility skills are pretty much useless in any game mode. The stunbreak needs to be a 1 ammunition skill so it can be refreshed by the elite without being OP.

How It Actually Plays:

The movement on this class feels like absolute poop now that the speed on Dragon Trigger - Boost was reduced. Break step is laughably short, especially with the after cast that takes about a year. But even those don't address the main problem:

There is no way this class can even remotely hope to catch any other class if you don't give them a real shadowstep skill. No a 300 range teleport that you have to press 2 buttons (F1 & F2) to get access to doesn't count. Especially not the new specter nonsense that has 5 new teleports.

Dragon Trigger - Reach is still criminally short. If you want it to feel like an anime sword slash beam & you do cause that's fun, it needs to range from 450 to 1500 based on how long you charge it (based on percentage of charge not #of bullets loaded so it can still trigger the pvp grandmaster trait over & over.) This would be most balanced & fun way to do it imo.

As always none of this addresses the main problem that core warrior is terrible. Problems which I wrote a paper on & how to fix them available here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YMBi24To0Ntf2MqzmSMFUHSGLhR2b5v7uneunFiEtUY/edit?usp=sharing

Love you guys, Thanks for listening to feedback! 😄

@Cal Cohen.2358 @Cal Cohen.3527

Edited by PseudoOAlias.4279
Formatting
  • Like 4

This one has, for me, a lot of possibility of combo with traits, just with the combo you can do with the munitions ! And it's really satisfiying!

That said, I have a few remark to say, which could also be controversial since it's kind of big with game design

- 1 weapon in combat, core adrenaline burst

I think some weapon feel too weak without their F1 burst skill, and a great example is hammer. This forces still, for min/max purpose, to play axe to maximize your flow as fast as possible, also increasing your overall pure dps.

Meanwhile Hammer with its trait could as well give you flow, you lose 1 huge aoe CC with the F1, making the trait not that worth taking.

To counter balance that, and to avoid swaping with 3 weapons, maybe we can be lock with 1 weapon in combat (the one we initialize with), and when we would swap in combat, it would give the gunblade.

So there would be still a loss : you have only access to 1 burst skill - that you have to choose at the beginning of your combat, and a forced GunBlade.

- Traits should have a condition one

And here it's more for a fun perspective, and diversity, but why not having a Tiers 3 trait inflicting something like 20 stacks of burn but no damage ?
I think it could be cool, even if it can be easily purged (or played around by inflicting before/after others conditions to avoid the cleanse), it could be satisfying to watch something die slowly, ticks by ticks 😛 

Aside from that, I think that's it for me ! Thank you for reading, and keep up the good work devs ! 😄

So bladeworn v2.

It is a very beautiful specialization, really. Every skill feels like a painting or art piece. The gunsaber animations are fluid and really dynamic creating arc of light around.

The only thing that disturb me a lot is the presence of bullets ammunition, indeed the elite skill tell me it reload ammunition and every time it loses me because i think those ammunition are the greyed bullet above my skill bar.

I find it really hard to understand Arenanet that the player has to fight an enemy then, use the second skill to enter dragon trigger, wait to see bullet appear and then use the dragon slash skill combo that appear in their skill bar.

It feels so unnatural. Here how I would do it:

1-Attack recharges flow (bar that feel with yellow energy)

2-Gunsaber attacks recharges CHARGES (Greyed bullet above yellow energy bar aka flow)

3-Once the bar is complete, it unlocks F2 skill "dragon trigger", player then can spend all the charges doing dragon slashes.

Second option:

1-Weapon and utilities recharges flow.

2-Gunsaber attacks gives charges.

3-Each certain tier of charges, it transform the skills of the gun-saber skillbar into their dragon slash equivalent.

Currently, it really feels like you use all you skills, then enter gunsaber then use everything but then you can't do anything anymore and so return to weapon skills. It feels weird. The damages are okay but it is really a weird gameplay.

The really big con to me is the utilities, the armament, they feels USELESS, here, for the sake of using skills slots Apart bullet prrof barrier, that one is cool. But really, those utilities should be more like recharge or help the gunsaber skills or dealing damage, the elite skills kida do that with recharche ammo of skills, but it only give 1, this is NOT ENOUGH. The elite skill should recharge every gunsaber or weapon skill ammo to its maximum, not only +1 charge.

Overall, like v1, cool espec Anet, but still some fix needed: Make it clearer what is dragon slash and how to gain the bullets (charges). Makes the utilities more related to skills or dealing damages. It feels like bursting all gunsaber ammos and then nothing is left. 😕

• Confused 1

I don't think Arenanet are quite there yet. Look, Tactical Reload is a garbage elite. move that to a minor trait, move Dragon Trigger to the Elite Skill slot and you fix ALL your problems.

Also remove the degeneration of the flow...this spec feels like we have to micro manage it.

Edited by InfiniteRetro.9865
  • Like 1

this is final dragon trigger just break the flow  of combat !!!
i mean seriously it's just a big lock who amputated war gameplay.

for exemple i took it to a field test , the hp in hot are good to judge skill (my opinion), after 3 painful hours of trying on the hp, none is doable if you use dragon trigger (at some point i did a test without using it and it was hard but i killed some) dragon trigger do big damage but it's not viable (and i really tried and believed the improvement would make it better)
being lock even for 2ish second is a quasi death penalty in this action oriented game(deadeye gameplay knew that and has a counter, huge range and rooting with dodging). i don't imagine pvp and wvw, this e-spec is bad. Now only thing to hope for is anet getting the message this time.

also my build was not glasse canon , it was  a pve valk build 

otherwise still hate pistol oh

Edited by DemonCrypto.6792
  • Like 1

Bladesworn sure fills different. I try to understand how anet want it to change warrior gameplay. It's been disturbingly brutal. Why? Because we basically get rid off all of our previous weapons. Burst being restricted to gunsaber, switching weapons actually feels like a poor option, and dragon triggers is actually bladesworn's biggest source of damage.

I'm okay with that if that's the way to go. But we'd better go all the way to make it work.

So here are my suggestions:

1) CONCERNING TRAIT LINE 3, which I think is completely lagging behind the two others now.
- Unseen sword: As explained, witching weapons just isn't the bladesworn's thing. The theme here is to convert the warrior base techniques into flow and I get why that name. I suggest having the effect triggers instead on evade and blocking (with a 5s cooldown)
- Lush forest: that one was clearly op and needed nerf, but now it's confusing to use. My suggestion: Get back to reduce cooldown on last round but only for gunsaber skills. Also add some kind of buff specific to gunsaber
- Daring dragon. Right. Purpose hear is to have us spamming the saber slash like that good Sekiro miniboss...ok. Problem is the damage is far too weak at 5 charges to make it reliable and it just can't compete with the two other grandmaster traits.
My suggestion: keep the maximum charge at 10. The "reenter effect" also triggers when you dodge.

2) CONCERNING GUNSABER
- Supress sheathe gunsaber cooldown entirely. Gunsaber is supposed to be our primary weapon? We can't access burst without it? Fine, but in that case, let us at least access our profession mechanic without restriction. Weapon swap cooldown can stay
- Supress F2, have F1 "unsheathe gunsaber" just becomes dragon trigger when use. Will spare us A LOT of confusion

3) CONCERNING DRAGON TRIGGER SKILLS
They're supposed to offer us a diversity of option to replace our regular bursts. With the grandmaster traits providing additional personnalization, I think that's decently achieved. My suggestion here:
- increase the reach of dragon-slash reach from 900 to 1200, to make it consistent with other long-range burst and make it really feel like a gun.
- trigger guard. Not much to say. It has to remain simple and do the job. Thing is, i highly doubt that's the case in pvp. Maybe providing a 1s blocking effect at the cost of some flow could be better suited.
- Flicker step. Many here laugh at it and think bladesworn should be allowed to move slowly while in dragon trigger mode. Maybe they're right. One thing sure: it definitely underlying. I suggest adding 2s of quickness, doubling it as a buff to dragon slash's follow up.

I don't have much ideas for utility, but I think the change to flow stabilizer deprived it to its value. Fury is just too easy to acess already. To amke somehow an offensive version of berserker stance, i rather suggest quickness. Other suggestion would be add 1 condition converted into boon, increased flow rate if you have no condition

• Like 1

I'll admit I'm bad at builds in this game, I get that bladesworn getting 50k dps and breaking bosses with dragon trigger needed to be addressed but when I tried it today it felt weak as all hell. I like dragon slashes reduced charge time, standing still for 5s was terrible, but I couldn't even get 1/4 the damage it used to do. Right now it feels more worth while to use whirling axe on berserker instead. The cooldowns are long too, I spent so much time at max flow just waiting for dragon trigger to cooldown and the gunsabre skills feel like they never recharge. The new lush forest should almost just be replaced, it feels like mantras 2.0 except worse, at least mantras could be used twice before you sat on your hands waiting for recharge, now you use one ammo and wait for a cooldown unless the elite is recharged then you use one extra charge and then cast the elite and go back to waiting. Also dragon trigger not being available in your other weapon set is kind of a rip off since you lose your burst skill. Most specs I'd say would have a fighting chance if they were on par dps wise with an existing class but offered a different feel to play, but losing your burst would make zerker the choice even if both specs had the same dps.

• Like 1

I've been really enjoying it, as the new flow speed and use of the other weapon set (axe/axe for flow generation) feels like a fun synergy. The damage is a little too low in this revision, as the averaged dps seems too low to keep up with other specs and classes, though the feeling of dragon trigger still feels epic on a well timed pull. 

The bladesworn skills feel pretty lack lustre for me, with the elite being great, and the flow stabilizer a great opener, but the others are just not fun to use. Berserker had interesting damage skills that helped with the berserk state - these don't seem to add any real benefit to bladesworn or dragon trigger. Having actual attacks that do a good element of CC along with flow generation would make this much more satisfying and not restrict the 'locked in' feeling when losing that other weapon (as axe/axe generates flow wonderfully, but doesn't have any CC for group content). 

While the quality of life and survivability changes for Dragontrigger are nice, I'm confused by a lot of the other changes made to this spec since the last beta it was in. It felt like they changed a lot that was fine before and overlooked the problems it had. I also posted feedback from the first iteration of Bladesworn on page 5 so please look there as well for any clarity on my previously noted problems with the spec.

Dragontrigger

It's still too easy to self interrupt this stance. Make it so you can't walk out of this, the priority action should be staying in Dragontrigger until either an attack is launched or a some sort of weaponswap is done (or it expires while out of combat).

min the previous beta, going into dragontrigger counted as a weapon swap. I think that should be the case once again so it can synergize with weaponswap sigils and traits.

Thematically, it doesn't make sense to pull out the gunsaber and then immediately sheath it for Dragontrigger. Design-wise, it makes no sense to have major functionality that isn't resource-based locked from use at any given point. Make us able to go into Dragontrigger from either weapon set not just while the gunsaber is currently out, especially since normal weapons are now completely cut off from their burst skills.

Pistol

The offhand pistol is still very underwhelming. The change to make the 5's pushback be based on the ammo count makes no sense; It didn't push you that far back to begin with and the intention was to add movement to the offhand slot so why reduce that? The real problem it had was its ridiculously short attack range; it's a ranged weapon, why do we have to be right next to the enemy to even hit with it? Revert the ammo count affecting pushback change and just increase the attack range of the 5 to be about equivalent to the 4's dash.

Besides that, only having offhand pistol completely breaks the theme of warriors as weapon masters. We were given two daggers for warrior's other spec, Spellbreaker, so why do we only get one weapon now? Currently there's no incentive to even take the new weapon if all we're going to do is 5-4-5 and then immediately swap back.

Armament skills

The heal skill is still awful. It fails its primary purpose of an "oh crap I'm about to die" button. The delay before getting a sizable heal will be fatal in emergency situations. I suggest reversing the design of this ability. Make the first charge do no healing and give the aggressive boons and then put the player into stim state. Then using the second charge while in stim state consumes the boons and does a big heal. This allows the player to use it aggressively without sacrificing its ability to save someone low on health.

I don't recall Bulletproof Barrier actually having damage last beta so that was nice, makes it actually useful to take though it could use more damage.

Electric Fence is pretty useless. It does hardly any damage and warrior already has access to a lot of cripple and immobilize (it's even on the gunsaber). There's no point in ever taking this ability so I think it should be reworked into some kind of attack skill. Similar to only getting offhand pistol, it kind of breaks the theme of warriors to not get a single dedicated attack out of a new set of skills.

The changes to Flow Stabilizer are good.

Dragonspike Mine still feels somewhat out of place given warrior already has a stunbreak (with ammo) but resetting Dragontrigger and laying a mine makes it usable.

The elite skill is still good but I would prefer it to have zero cast time. That way it can be used during DragonTrigger as besides walking, activating any other skill minus shouts will also break you out of it.

Traits

Please revert Lush Forest to work off the last charge again. That or rework it completely or to work off of explosions or something. Having it only activate on the first charge is not fun; currently it's just like how people used to play Firebrand with holding onto the tome charges. Reverting it would also compliment Fierce as Fire and Unshakable Mountain in the major master line as utility, offensive, and defensive choices respectively. On that note, if a decision is made to go with some other design besides cooldown reduction, then the cooldowns for gunsaber need to be reduced a bit.

It's still unclear (or possibly inconsistent) with Swift as the Wind and River's Flow as to what actually affects flowrate and when. There's no indication on if there's a flow stack limit or internal cooldown or if the player needs to be in combat for it to activate on either one. I activated one movement skill after another and never got flow above one stack aside from when using Break Step which randomly bumped it to two. Taking a bunch of shouts with the heal trait could sometimes get it to two but other times it was stuck at one, though using "To the Limit!" could get it to three. If there's no bugs with these traits then there needs to be tooltip updates to make it clear exactly how and when they work.

While I liked the burning Fierce as Fire applied before, its current effect is also good. Though I feel there's lost opportunity to have nothing in the traits aside from a ferocity stack that takes advantage of all the explosions in the kit. I suggest reworking Lush Forest to have the current Fierce as Fire effect and change Fierce as Fire to do some new effect that triggers off of explosions. Maybe every explosion applies 5man quickness or alacrity for 1ish second around the Bladesworn 

As I've said the quality of life changes to Dragontrigger are nice but given how much easier it is to get above half charges now and the fact that the stunbreak skill also resets the cooldown on Dragontrigger, I don't really see the point in ever taking Daring Dragon. I feel this should be reworked into something else, possibly unrelated to Dragontrigger as the other two major grandmaster traits cover PvE and PvP scenarios pretty well in my opinion.

Underwater Combat

The spec is still wonky and awkward when used underwater. While using the Dragontrigger dash to launch yourself like 100ft in the air is hilarious and should be kept in, the other parts of the kit should be tuned to work cleanly underwater.

Edited by BlueTurtle.9263
Clarified some points
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Competitive modes in general. Again, I’m not saying it’s good, I’m just saying there are absolutely worse specs.

kinda funny how you think bladdesworn is good previous to this update and disagreed with threads saying its not until everybody starst saying it's not.

everybody with semi level of pvp experience and a brain agrees that bladesworn is the worst spec, with teapot and naru clipping saying bladesworn is worst on stream.

surely, your limited knowledge isnt giving any insight of what really happens in high end pvp where balance really matters, as most bot level gold rating people think thief is useless, yet it was always the most op class played properly in top level.

you are not optimistic..you simply lack the insight and not on level.

the update brings nothing for bladesworn in pvp, except the fact that it may be a bit more fluid to play. that's it. just from a completely unplayable garbage class to a kind of playable garbage class. 

there's currently no new e-spec which doesnt outclass bladesworn in pvp, if you actually read the note and play the game at a decent level and multi class.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

51 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

kinda funny how you think bladdesworn is good previous to this update and disagreed with threads saying its not until everybody starst saying it's not.

everybody with semi level of pvp experience and a brain agrees that bladesworn is the worst spec, with teapot and naru clipping saying bladesworn is worst on stream.

surely, your limited knowledge isnt giving any insight of what really happens in high end pvp where balance really matters, as most bot level gold rating people think thief is useless, yet it was always the most op class played properly in top level.

you are not optimistic..you simply lack the insight and not on level.

the update brings nothing for bladesworn in pvp, except the fact that it may be a bit more fluid to play. that's it. just from a completely unplayable garbage class to a kind of playable garbage class. 

there's currently no new e-spec which doesnt outclass bladesworn in pvp, if you actually read the note and play the game at a decent level and multi class.

rude but true. bladesworn is garbage in pvp. back to spellbreaker and core.

• Like 3

HDD died today, so typing this on my phone, sorry for formatting.

The issue with being able to get Dragon Trigger to max more easily and maintain flow is that while you will have moderately high flow throughout a fight there's nothing to use it on due to the huge cooldowns on Dragon Trigger and Gunsaber. One way of tying the Flow more thematically to the Bladesworn would be to incorporate it as part of a CD for the large CD we're seeing.

The issue with Bladesworn is the very high CD on Gunsaber and Dragon Trigger. It just DOESN'T WORK. Lush Forest was the first crutch, and now the faster charge time is the 2nd.

ANet should look to Flow being the fix.

Change Lush Forests to 5-man alac or quickness, per @Lan Deathrider.5910.

Proposed New Flow Mechanic

At 25-49% reduce all weapon/Dragon Trigger CD by 0.5s/second.

At 50-74% reduce CD by 1s/second.

At 75-99% reduce CD by 1.5s/second

At 100% reduce CD by by 2s/second.

Example: Gunsaber 2 is 25s recharge. If it takes 10 seconds to generate 100 Flow (10/s) then the total Recharge over that period of time would be approx 19s from its first use at 0 Flow. Then at 100% Flow its recharge is changed from 25s to approx. 8s, bringing it into line with other Warrior weapons. The tradeoff is sacrificing your Weapon Damage for 1 big burst (and burst traits)

That way, there is a tradeoff for generating and maintaining Flow. It also promotes using non-Gunsaber as you can get off more attacks faster.

Proposed Dragon Trigger Rework

Accessible in any Weapon Set.

No cooldown.

10 Flow requirement.

9 second CD exists on each separate Dragon Slash.

That way, Warriors can enter Dragon Trigger freely and use their burst skills (triggering Traits) and will always have access to at least 1 burst skill. Limits Warriors from using Slash Slash Slash (9s cd) and gently forces Warriors to use all 3 types of Dragon Slashes if someone wants that Bursty playstyle using all of their flow. Tradeoff is the focus on Burst rather than weapon skills (See Flow Rework above)

These 2 changes make Flow a more integral part of the Bladesworn, offers the tradeoffs for balancing, and makes the Gunsaber high CDs make sense and offer ways to play around them.

The Gunsaber is supposed to be such an exotic weapon only highly skilled Bladesworn can master it.

By tying weapon CD to Flow, you're promoting that Warriors getting into the Flow of their weapon enhances their skill with it (Samurai homage). As well, it moves away from the Burst-monster playstyle of an Adrenaline fuelled Warrior into a "Leaf on the wind" playstyle with Bladesworn with the Dragon Trigger proposal above being a gimme if people want to still play a hybrid of that style at the cost of their weapon skills.

It also makes it so ANet doesn't need to change the Gunsaber CD. It might make things iffy with the non-Gunsaber weapons having near instant CD, but if they change that to only affect Gunsaber, Dragon Trigger, and Pistol (+MH pistol with high CD) then it balances out the whole thing.

1 hour ago, Geoff Fey.1035 said:

HDD died today, so typing this on my phone, sorry for formatting.

The issue with being able to get Dragon Trigger to max more easily and maintain flow is that while you will have moderately high flow throughout a fight there's nothing to use it on due to the huge cooldowns on Dragon Trigger and Gunsaber. One way of tying the Flow more thematically to the Bladesworn would be to incorporate it as part of a CD for the large CD we're seeing.

The issue with Bladesworn is the very high CD on Gunsaber and Dragon Trigger. It just DOESN'T WORK. Lush Forest was the first crutch, and now the faster charge time is the 2nd.

ANet should look to Flow being the fix.

Change Lush Forests to 5-man alac or quickness, per @Lan Deathrider.5910.

Proposed New Flow Mechanic

At 25-49% reduce all weapon/Dragon Trigger CD by 0.5s/second.

At 50-74% reduce CD by 1s/second.

At 75-99% reduce CD by 1.5s/second

At 100% reduce CD by by 2s/second.

Example: Gunsaber 2 is 25s recharge. If it takes 10 seconds to generate 100 Flow (10/s) then the total Recharge over that period of time would be approx 19s from its first use at 0 Flow. Then at 100% Flow its recharge is changed from 25s to approx. 8s, bringing it into line with other Warrior weapons. The tradeoff is sacrificing your Weapon Damage for 1 big burst (and burst traits)

That way, there is a tradeoff for generating and maintaining Flow. It also promotes using non-Gunsaber as you can get off more attacks faster.

Proposed Dragon Trigger Rework

Accessible in any Weapon Set.

No cooldown.

10 Flow requirement.

9 second CD exists on each separate Dragon Slash.

That way, Warriors can enter Dragon Trigger freely and use their burst skills (triggering Traits) and will always have access to at least 1 burst skill. Limits Warriors from using Slash Slash Slash (9s cd) and gently forces Warriors to use all 3 types of Dragon Slashes if someone wants that Bursty playstyle using all of their flow. Tradeoff is the focus on Burst rather than weapon skills (See Flow Rework above)

These 2 changes make Flow a more integral part of the Bladesworn, offers the tradeoffs for balancing, and makes the Gunsaber high CDs make sense and offer ways to play around them.

The Gunsaber is supposed to be such an exotic weapon only highly skilled Bladesworn can master it.

By tying weapon CD to Flow, you're promoting that Warriors getting into the Flow of their weapon enhances their skill with it (Samurai homage). As well, it moves away from the Burst-monster playstyle of an Adrenaline fuelled Warrior into a "Leaf on the wind" playstyle with Bladesworn with the Dragon Trigger proposal above being a gimme if people want to still play a hybrid of that style at the cost of their weapon skills.

It also makes it so ANet doesn't need to change the Gunsaber CD. It might make things iffy with the non-Gunsaber weapons having near instant CD, but if they change that to only affect Gunsaber, Dragon Trigger, and Pistol (+MH pistol with high CD) then it balances out the whole thing.

I haven't had time with it today, and won't until Thursday really. But from what I've been reading and based on what I know they did not change for this beta I can say the following:

Gunsaber skills all need 15-25% CD reductions

DT needs to be accessible from the main weapon set. The gunsaber is even sheathed already for crying out loud.

The master tier traits still need serious work. The change to Lush Forest creates the exact opposite problem. I'm going to  propose a solution that also opens up some support roles, which Bladesworn absolutely needs to have.

Fierce as Fire: Using an ammo skill grants 5 stacks of might for 5s to allies in the area (1s CD). Affects up to 10 allies.

Lush Forest: Using an ammo skill grants quickness for  4s/2s (PvE/Comp) and Alacrity for 4s/2s (PvE/Comp). 1s CD, affects 10 allies

Unshakeable Mountain: Using an ammo skill grants protection for 4s/2s (PvE/Comp) and Resolution for 4s/2s (PvE/Comp). 1s CD, affects 10 allies.

Why these changes? First, they create a space for Bladesworn to be a support of some sort. Second, there should not be a distinction on whether it is the first charge or last charge of an ammo skill, because if it is the last charge you spend everything before entering combat, which is degenerate, or you never spend your last charge, which makes munition skills pointless and is also degenerate. 10 allies so that in PvE you have one BSW and have space for other professions. Camping Gunsaber would allow you to proc these traits while taking Banners along with the BSW heal and one extra ammo utility, like FGJ. You could then perma maintain might, fury, quickness and alacrity, or protection and resolution. The 1s ICD and low boon durations in competitive play will keep it from becoming overbearing like certain PoF especs.

Guns And Glory needs to be changed to something more meaningful. Make it so that explosions grant fury for 5s. Fury now grants the Bladesworn +250 Ferocity and an extra 10% crit chance. Adding in the crit chance is to balance out the fact that the ferocity increase is attached to a boon that can be ripped/corrupted. I would say to make this apply fury to allies in the area to help bolster the support role, but having  the Master tier do that heavy lifting may be enough.

Flow should no longer decay outside of combat.

Pistol skills still needs more range. Pistol should still be in the MH.

Bladesworn should be allowed to dodge in Dragon Trigger.

• Confused 1

Just tried bladesworn again, and not being able to swap your regular weapon sets in combat is still a dealbreaker for PvP/WvW. Getting stuck in combat and sheathing your (mediocre) gunblade to return to your regular set and not having it be your shield set is usually fatal. So much for warrior as the "weaponmaster" profession. We can't even get fast hands baseline after 9+ years lol.

Also, the fact they didn't change the range on the offhand pistol skills in any way really reveals how much they listen to feedback lol. Bladesworn offhand pistol is going to be even more rare than soulbeast mainhand dagger.

After playing all day today my biggest issue is still the out of combat flow situation, it's really bad that it's more effective to run to the next mob than have your flow get instagibbed from mounting.. I think you should also be able to enter Dragon Trigger on your weaponset if swap isn't on cooldown, you can effectively do the same thing by mashing f1 and f2, it's just clunky. Simply just have it exit into your blade and trigger weaponswap CD. I think flow generation needs to be increased and flow stabilizer needs to be nerfed but the same overall. The build absolutely requires it and I don't think any other elite spec has a skill that's "required" for it to feel functional.

It took me a bit but I think I agree with the sentiment that the pistol needs more range. One skill brings you closer while another pushes you back but they both don't really work well and the axe is more effective. I doubt they're going to go out of their way to make a MH pistol, but they really should reconsider it's range as it's kind of sad that MH axe is a more effective range tool than an actual pistol.

Personally I think they should bite the bullet and develop a MH pistol too just like they double dagger'd for Spellbreaker but I understand it's way too far in development now. The pistol feels like an afterthought sadly, I dunno give it something cool at least like recharging the blade's ammo or something, then it'd make sense to swap to it.

Really cool concept and I love the addition of the pistol. 

I do wish the pistol was main/both hand/hands, but I can understand if running dual pistols doesn't fit in with the ANet vision for the class.  

The Gun blade is such a cool thing to use, but swapping to it, and getting knocked out of it when downed feels super clunky.  

I don't want to have to use a separate key bind to swap to it if it's essentially a weapon set that I’m locked in to. It feels really weird to use the burst skill key bind to swap to a pseudo-weapon set instead of the regular key bind.  

I'd say either treat Gun blade as a weapon set or give us three sets.  

Not being able to swap weapon sets in pvp makes sense when you're in the actual map/arena but it seems weird that you can't swap when you're not fighting anyone up in your own spawn. I think that if we got the ability to swap weapon sets while we were in the spawn it would help with the flow (get it?) of the spec substantially for pvp.  

It seems like the intention of the Gun blade is to function like the Necro Death shroud, which is cool. What isn't cool is that I unequip the Gun blade when I get CC'd (but only by some CC's I think?) or downed. Really messes with the flow (there it is again) of gameplay when I have to keep swapping to it due to some CC's or knocks. In my mind, this SHOULD be fixed by just getting rid of the auto unequip when downed, or COULD be fixed by having it operate like a secondary (or tertiary) weapon set and having dragon trigger as a burst skill that will auto equip the Gun blade. 

Lastly, I want the Gun blade to be visible all the times when using Bladesworn, even when i'm not actively using the weapon itself, as it is just too cool not to see all the time. 

My 1-liner for this spec is that it's ok to swallow your pride and admit when you're going down the wrong path.  Intelligent vulnerability is celebrated.  As a design professional myself, I've been there hundreds of times.  It's hard, but necessary.  This spec needs to be overhauled.  That's not hyperbole.  Nor am I a warrior main, so I'm not attempting to champion something beholden to me.

Bladesworn has been my biggest beef spec throughout, and having played through it, I still maintain it's not going places.  Thematically it's weird.  It's just friggen weird.  The ammo thing is not what warriors needed.  The gunblade is fun on paper, but it seems more like a Ferrari designed to go grocery shopping when all you need is your trusty bicycle.

Which goes to the next point of combat synergy.  It's obviously built to thrive on skill chains, and they do happen, which is pretty sweet; but the reliance on utilizing specific utilities, to stack resources, to then find opportune timing to maximize Dragon Trigger makes fluid skill chains very hard to achieve.  Once the chain breaks, you're out for a long time.  As many have said in their feedback, Warrior needs much much less skill casting/resource down time, and more flick.  A samurai typology should exude exactly that.  I've also been playing with Willbender a bunch and there's zero chance I'd play Bladesworn over it, simply because it does what I tell it to do without surprises.

I find the utility skills to be extremely useless, aside from Flow Stabilizer, which again is a chore-skill, but its reliance is so heavy it might as well be a trait rather than a skill.  The stupid barriers do nothing to improve synergy and are more an exercise in comical trial and error.  I'd much rather see some gap closers put in their place.  Bladesworn still feels just as slow and fat as its preceding specs.

The gunblade skills themselves are pleasant.  The dependencies around the gunblade however, are not.  Which includes many ways of falling out of Dragon Trigger, and falling out of gunblade stance altogether, leaving you in more pointless downtime.  Which includes knocking out several traits that don't synergize with the stance, and even nullifying the Discipline tree pretty much entirely.  There's only like 3 or 4 traits that even acknowledge the flow/adrenaline migration.

It's ok guys.  Go back to the drawing board and do better.  Lots of tiny wins in what's here, but not enough to consider it remotely cohesive.  It's a severely shrug-inducing spec for most folks, and its odd inception is going to take you guys down uncharted territory of micromanagement and further warrior apathy of smart feedback fallen upon deaf ears.

• Like 1

It's still not worth taking over Berserker, Spellbreaker or even Defence.

Weapon swap needs to work in combat.

The Pistol needs to be ranged.

The Gun-not-a-Sabre (just rename it already) is just bad.

Dragon Trigger still misses at least half the time. At least put evasion on it for the duration of the channel, so Jokesworn isn't a sitting duck while channelling a whiff.

• Like 5

I'm just going to put this out there and about how I feel about the whole BS.  Why even give us weapon swap (F1) in the first place?  Warriors live and die by our bursts, the current way that dragon trigger is setup it's extremely counter productive to even swap off of the gunsaber because we miss the recharge of the F2 if we swap over to the actual weapons on F1.  Also while we're on the subject why is our burst skill moved over to the F2 skill when it's been on F1 SINCE DAY 1! I don't think I can even begin to express how fussy that makes me when muscle memory says use F1 for burst but nope that puts my entire burst on a LONG CD because I've now swapped over to weapons and I'm now a sitting duck because I can't use my burst now to trigger whatever trait I have tied to my burst.  Which brings me to another thing warriors also do a bunch of weapon swaps because there's basically an entire trait line dedicated to weapon swaps that's pretty much mandatory for most warrior builds and the way that BS is setup it feels as if it's flipping the bird to the entire discipline trait line since it feels bad to swap off of the gunsaber because that's where our burst skill is.  Also want to point out it still feels like we're sitting there for a very long time to charge up our dragon trigger, which makes us extremely vulnerable especially since moving or getting CC'ed enough cancels it and we have to start all over. So honestly all the above needs fixed before I even start to look at how bad pistol pistol is since I'll never see it on the BS.

• Like 2

Here my feedback takes 2 after the November update : Still hate it.

Still having the clunky weapon swap on F1, which is very counterintuitive since F1 was always the adrenaline burst. - Why not lock the 1st weapon slot with the Gunblade ?

Still can’t use burst when not equipped of the Gunblade

Sitll can't use basic burst with other weapon 

Still can’t weapon stow

Standing still just for “big” numbers is not fun, and standing still in competitive game mode is just a death wish.

Moving cancel the charging, at least give a few steps of grace.

Flow mechanics are bad, slow and need a lot of investment just to reach a decent amount of generation. And every warrior knows that we can't afford that in non PvE Game Mode.

Cooldowns on gunblade are atrociously long. 25 to 40 CD on weapon kits that are forced to be equipped. It feels more like we’re forced to have half a weapon with those cooldowns.

Still not liking the fact that we have lost 2 sigils.

Damage wise is Meh. Ok big burst damage with full charge, then what ? Wait for the Flow and cooldown, stand still and redo. Warrior is still a one trick pony, great.

Damage wise in competition mode . . . nice joke. Dragon Slash feels like a 5 anime episode of building up a powerful strike just to end with a slap.

What is the spec bringing to warriors ? Damage ? Boons ? Support ? Healing ? . . . Oh wait Banner ! Like the last 9 years.

Most of the Skills are uninspired and will never be used, similarly with the spellbreaker. They are sight beyond sight level, too situational and the warrior can't afford changing his kit since it lacks everything else.

Close range Pistol is stupid. Warrior dont need close range weapon, and Pistol cant compete with Axe untils you nerf the axe hardcore (Im guessing it’s the next step, warrior is to OP right, keep the nerfing streak).

I'm probably missing many other things to adresse, but I’ll leave that for the others who still have the energy and believe that you guys do care about warrior’s feedback. Which you don't apparently.

Once again, glad for those who like that spec, I don’t.

I'm disappointed, as usual, not Buying EoD.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I hate to say I told you so, Anet...

The whole design of the spec is poor. It simply has no place in the game. It must necessarily be over-powered for the dragonstance to matter and so can never be well balanced. It's the worst possible idea, second only to adding more AI. Lessons we've already learned, mistakes we've already made, being repeated. And the gunsabre is still ugly and absolutely flies in the face of "classic samurai movies".

• Like 4