Bladesworn Feedback Thread

Fire Attunement.9835

Launch Feedback:

First off, solid job. Love it.

Anomaly 1:

When using the [Daring Dragon] trait: First off, thank you for not putting all of the Dragon Slash abilities on cooldown after you use a slash, it really helps this class feel better, Second, If you use, for example, Dragon Slash 1 and are Mashing 2 to use Boost, as soon as the animation finishes & the skills temporarily flip back to the gunsaber skills it has about a 50%-50% chance of staying swapped out of Dragon Trigger stance & using the actual Gunsaber skill that you're mashing.

Not sure if this is intended, but when [Daring Dragon] is equipped it would rock if the skill bar either: a) Did not flip back to Gunsaber skills until swap out of Dragon Trigger stance or b) If a 1/4s micro cooldown was added to all Gunsaber skills after executing a Dragon Slash skill, (similar to firebrand tomes & reaper shroud) > Would also likely just let the skills swap back to DT & not be interruted by whatever skill you're mashing.

Anomaly 2:

You can now swap out of the Gunsaber bundle in the air by pressing the F1 or Drop Gunsaber skill (thanks for that.) But it does not work if you press the actual weapon swap skill.

Anomaly 3:

Players in PvP can still jump over dragon slash. Again not sure if this is intended, but it sure feels cheap when the counter play to your class is just "mash jump."

Unrelated, but it would rock if you could sheathe the Gunsaber when you're not in combat. Would really fit the Iaijutsu vibe. But I understand that would need more animations.

Thanks for an amazing expansion & Love the class!

On 3/1/2022 at 2:55 PM, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

Tried playing it again and my thoughts are still basically the same.  Overall it feels extremely clunky, did the story trying it and quickly went back to my normal build and I'm glad I did because there were some fights I never would have been able to get off a dragon trigger burst before getting CC'ed and so the fights would have lasted forever not having any burst potential.

I'm curious of which fight and how do you play it ?
Did all the story with it w/o any problem.

8 hours ago, Aznarb.6347 said:

I'm curious of which fight and how do you play it ?
Did all the story with it w/o any problem.

I'm sure I could have done it to, just wouldn't have gotten off too many dragon triggers. Not to do spoilers but I'm talking one with a bunch of jade bots doing a bunch of knock back. My spellbreaker had 0 problem with them got all my bursts and full counters off, I feel if I'd had been running BS I probably wouldn't have gotten any bursts off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

I'm sure I could have done it to, just wouldn't have gotten off too many dragon triggers. Not to do spoilers but I'm talking one with a bunch of jade bots doing a bunch of knock back. My spellbreaker had 0 problem with them got all my bursts and full counters off, I feel if I'd had been running BS I probably wouldn't have gotten any bursts off.

I use the TP and Aegis buff at good timing to not get interrupted, can be tricky I agree their was a lot of CC.

Just now, Aznarb.6347 said:

I use the TP and Aegis buff at good timing to not get interrupted, can be tricky I agree their was a lot of CC.

There's not enough TP and aegis for the amount of them I've ran into at one time. And a couple of open world events I'd be below 1000 health from some of the mobs hitting me before I got my burst even charged. Meanwhile any of my other open world builds would still be at full health and killing them faster.

2 hours ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

There's not enough TP and aegis for the amount of them I've ran into at one time. And a couple of open world events I'd be below 1000 health from some of the mobs hitting me before I got my burst even charged. Meanwhile any of my other open world builds would still be at full health and killing them faster.

I play mostly solo so I got a very resilient build that won't care at all about trash and most champ. If you play in meta gear then I complete understand why you feel like this. 

As I've some trouble with my finger sometime due to work injurie I've pick an old LI basic warrior Build and just swap jewel to get more crit. I've keep it for the new spe but will probably add more crit and fero later.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAcqFllywYXMVmLOSPrxUA-zRQYS09ogLjArqISV1mlfX2A-e

I been playing as Bladesworn since EOD launch and heres 1 feedback.
It seems your design team designed the scabbard, but forgot to put blade back into scabbard. (When out of combat)
When I pressed stow weapon, nothing happens. What is point of the obvious big sized scabbard then?

When my toon speaking to NPC, Bladesworn do not need to look threatening with fight position holding a burning blade.
Just store it in the scabbard. And he look polite again. There is no need to look overly aggressive it is a MMORPG game. 

Edited by medivh.4725
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, medivh.4725 said:

I been playing as Bladesworn since EOD launch and heres 1 feedback.
It seems your design team designed the scabbard, but forgot to put blade back into scabbard. (When out of combat)
When I pressed stow weapon, nothing happens. What is point of the obvious big sized scabbard then?

When my toon speaking to NPC, Bladesworn do not need to look threatening with fight position holding a burning blade.
Just store it in the scabbard. And he look polite again. There is no need to look overly aggressive it is a MMORPG game. 

You dont understand the class... BS doesnt stow his weapon while out of combat. He stows it right in the middle of it (?)

Edited by Mesket.5728
  • Haha 3

As far as PvE goes for this class and end-game content, it's looking pretty bad.
Bladesworn needs a big setup, and if anything goes wrong with your burst once, you lose your dps.
Other classes can do the one thing bladesworn is designed to do, just better, and without the trade off.

And for more casual content..... everything is dead before your setup....

The class fantasy thing is cool, the gimmick is cool, but please tweak it. It can only do one thing, at a huge trade off. Please make it the best at it? Otherwise what's the point besides swooshyswooshy blade go BRRRR haha 

On 3/3/2022 at 11:26 PM, RedShark.9548 said:

why not give warrior this, while letting him keep his other 2 weapon sets and alteast let him use his basic 1 bar adrenalin burst skills

Tbh

If they stop F2 forcing you into gunblade kit. 

Reintroduce 2nd weapon swap. 

Up the damage of Gunblades base abilities. 

Give pistol 4 a Daze

And increase the damage of the Dragonstrigger 2. 

I'd settle for not getting adrenelin burst skills back, the charged melee strike is too niche to be reliable in pve or PvP. The loss of weapon swap is a burden to the gunblades requirements as a weapon. pistol 4 not having a daze imho is weird. And forcing gunblade kit to use F2 is imho a weird dynamic to be in. Just let us freely use it throughout our rotation rather then it dictate our rotation I think it'd go miles in opening up the versatility of the specc. 

Warrior can afford alittle power creep. It's behind to begin with it won't break the game. 

I overall have very positive opinons of Bladesworn. But yeah there's still room for some good improvement to make it that much better. 

Edited by Daddy.8125

After having played the profession some more, I have an unpopular opinion. I believe Unyielding Dragon needs to have the might gain removed. The only reason I feel this way is that its rapid might gain, in conjunction with the Strength trait Might Makes Right, renders the option of Immortal Dragon completely obsolete. This is especially noticeable when running Tactics as a trait line as well, to improve shout skills. But, can bladesworn survive as an elite specialization option for warrior if this powerful synergy were taken away...? The only alternatives I see is making Dragon Triggers stronger, so the health gained from Immortal Dragon is greater than the health gained from multiple individual stacks of might, or else changing Unyielding Dragon to give a single stack of X might after a Dragon Trigger is used.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Noko Anon.9154 said:

After having played the profession some more, I have an unpopular opinion. I believe Unyielding Dragon needs to have the might gain removed. The only reason I feel this way is that its rapid might gain, in conjunction with the Strength trait Might Makes Right, renders the option of Immortal Dragon completely obsolete. This is especially noticeable when running Tactics as a trait line as well, to improve shout skills. But, can bladesworn survive as an elite specialization option for warrior if this powerful synergy were taken away...? The only alternatives I see is making Dragon Triggers stronger, so the health gained from Immortal Dragon is greater than the health gained from multiple individual stacks of might, or else changing Unyielding Dragon to give a single stack of X might after a Dragon Trigger is used.

If Immortal Dragon becomes obsolete due to MMR, Immortal Dragon should be the one to be changed.

There's no appropriate reason to touch the Might generation when Junksworn is the worst elite specialization in the game, on top of Warrior already being the weakest profession in the game.

If Arenanet lessened the Might generation, it'd be nothing further but evidence of their disdain for Warrior and their wish for it to become even worse than it already is.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, Noko Anon.9154 said:

I agree with your assessment but not your conclusion. You are comparing the combined effects of two Grandmaster Traits against Immortal Dragon. Trait Synergy between 2 traitlines SHOULD be stronger than a single trait. 

But I also agree that Immortal Dragon feels too weak. I think a good solution would be to improve the other half of the trait's effects - Providing Protection while charging Dragon Trigger:

• Dragon Slash heals you for a percentage of the damage dealt. Gain protection, Resolution, and Stability whenever you convert flow into charges. (0.3s).

This is makes Immortal Dragon all but guaranteed to execute a Dragon Slash, in contrast with Unyielding Dragon's Blind/Block ignoring Slash that can be pretty easily interrupted. 

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Not all Bladesword abilities cost flow. All Revenant abilities (other than, like, autoattack and legend swap) cost energy.

Well, yeah, which is why I suggested 20/100. It's a drawn parallel, not 1:1 comparison - I'd say even 10/100 would be good enough. If you have another idea on how to address the problem that suggestion was in reference to, I would love to hear your thoughts. 

Also Dragon Slash is ~55% of Bladesworn's damage, give or take, in an extended format. Up to 100% out in open world, when your Dragon Slash is one-shotting mobs. 

7 hours ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

I agree with your assessment but not your conclusion. You are comparing the combined effects of two Grandmaster Traits against Immortal Dragon. Trait Synergy between 2 traitlines SHOULD be stronger than a single trait. 

But I also agree that Immortal Dragon feels too weak. I think a good solution would be to improve the other half of the trait's effects - Providing Protection while charging Dragon Trigger:

• Dragon Slash heals you for a percentage of the damage dealt. Gain protection, Resolution, and Stability whenever you convert flow into charges. (0.3s).

This is makes Immortal Dragon all but guaranteed to execute a Dragon Slash, in contrast with Unyielding Dragon's Blind/Block ignoring Slash that can be pretty easily interrupted. 

This is actually a really good idea, and I wish I had thought of that suggestion. What about for Daring Dragon? Could it be given something like Fury and Quickness so, even though its damage ceiling is lower, it can still do considerable damage rather quickly? Or is it just fine as-is, in your opinion?

1 hour ago, Noko Anon.9154 said:

This is actually a really good idea, and I wish I had thought of that suggestion. What about for Daring Dragon? Could it be given something like Fury and Quickness so, even though its damage ceiling is lower, it can still do considerable damage rather quickly? Or is it just fine as-is, in your opinion?

Well just thinking about it now:

PvP Bsw is designed around Unyielding Dragon's un-Blind/Block + Stun effect

PvE Bsw is designed around Full Charge Dragon Trigger's DPS

So, assuming we keep the functionality the same, there is only one practical use case for Daring Dragon: To be able to chain Dragon Slash: Boost for mobility. So my suggestion would be:

• Dragon Slash has a lower maximum charge level but reenters Dragon Trigger if you can pay the flow cost. The cooldown on Dragonscale Defense is reset when reentering Dragon Trigger. You no longer degenerate Flow outside of combat.

Edited by Jzaku.9765
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

Well just thinking about it now:

PvP Bsw is designed around Unyielding Dragon's un-Blind/Block + Stun effect

PvE Bsw is designed around Full Charge Dragon Trigger's DPS

So, assuming we keep the functionality the same, there is only one practical use case for Daring Dragon: To be able to chain Dragon Slash: Boost for mobility. So my suggestion would be:

• Dragon Slash has a lower maximum charge level but reenters Dragon Trigger if you can pay the flow cost. The cooldown on Dragonscale Defense is reset when reentering Dragon Trigger. You no longer degenerate Flow outside of combat.

I personally think a better direction to go would be to allow bladesworn to store charges with daring dragon. That gives the trait 2 functions; high repeatability, and the ability to quick cast higher-damage slashes. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

I personally think a better direction to go would be to allow bladesworn to store charges with daring dragon. That gives the trait 2 functions; high repeatability, and the ability to quick cast higher-damage slashes. 

That could also be done with Burst Mastery and have it also store 2 charges in addition to refunding 20% of flow.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Would that also address the complaint about warriors losing adrenaline / flow in-between fights?

1 hour ago, Noko Anon.9154 said:

Would that also address the complaint about warriors losing adrenaline / flow in-between fights?

Not really, Daring Dragon just kinda sucks in every other use case. 5 charge Dragon Slash doesn't do much damage even in PVE.

By selecting Daring Dragon, you've given up on Unyielding/Immortal Dragon so you've already given up on a Dragon Slash that actually does anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2