Bladesworn Feedback Thread

Fire Attunement.9835

12 hours ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

Well just thinking about it now:

PvP Bsw is designed around Unyielding Dragon's un-Blind/Block + Stun effect

PvE Bsw is designed around Full Charge Dragon Trigger's DPS

So, assuming we keep the functionality the same, there is only one practical use case for Daring Dragon: To be able to chain Dragon Slash: Boost for mobility. So my suggestion would be:

• Dragon Slash has a lower maximum charge level but reenters Dragon Trigger if you can pay the flow cost. The cooldown on Dragonscale Defense is reset when reentering Dragon Trigger. You no longer degenerate Flow outside of combat.

I had a diffrent idea about how Daring Dragon

I was thinking that;

Unyielding Dragon: High damage, lower survive-ability .

Immortal Dragon: high survive and harder to interrupt but low damage.

While  Daring dragon should be all about speed, so low damage. So in my opinion, have it gain flow faster, gain chargers quicker and make it combo dragon triggers, and maybe even reward said combos. Maybe have it so if you pull off 3 triggers in a row, you get some extra effect if they are all different. As an example, ending on force might add an extra damage boost for the final attack, ending on boost might add swiftness and/or cripple, and reach might add knockback.

Just spit balling, but rewarding a combo seems like the way to go to diversify how bladesworn can be played... make things actually flow.

Also I would change the rate that flow is degens out of combat to half or more. Its degen starts early and goes so fast that  sometimes even going to an enemy just a few steps away is a full reset.

Finally, I would probably change reach from a linear attack to a spin attack. We already have a dragon trigger that is linear, but we lack one that is a large 360 sweep around the player, and would be nice for the moments where we are surrounded.

I think Daring Dragon has the highest damage potential. I'm running with Arms' Burst Precision and with fully charged flow rate i can use burst several times more than that. I just don't know what sort of weapon should I use though with my noobish abilities. I tried Rifle, Hammer, combinations of Axe, Mace and Shield, and now I'm gonna test Sword. And no, no Greatswords, I'm not gonna use them. This build would be very effective with full Dragon attributes. At least that's what I think.

5 hours ago, Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485 said:

I had a diffrent idea about how Daring Dragon

I was thinking that;

Unyielding Dragon: High damage, lower survive-ability .

Immortal Dragon: high survive and harder to interrupt but low damage.

While  Daring dragon should be all about speed, so low damage. So in my opinion, have it gain flow faster, gain chargers quicker and make it combo dragon triggers, and maybe even reward said combos. Maybe have it so if you pull off 3 triggers in a row, you get some extra effect if they are all different. As an example, ending on force might add an extra damage boost for the final attack, ending on boost might add swiftness and/or cripple, and reach might add knockback.

Just spit balling, but rewarding a combo seems like the way to go to diversify how bladesworn can be played... make things actually flow.

Also I would change the rate that flow is degens out of combat to half or more. Its degen starts early and goes so fast that  sometimes even going to an enemy just a few steps away is a full reset.

Finally, I would probably change reach from a linear attack to a spin attack. We already have a dragon trigger that is linear, but we lack one that is a large 360 sweep around the player, and would be nice for the moments where we are surrounded.

I was actively trying to make as small a change as possible to keep within the realm of feasibility.

53 minutes ago, Reddie.4312 said:

I think Daring Dragon has the highest damage potential. I'm running with Arms' Burst Precision and with fully charged flow rate i can use burst several times more than that. I just don't know what sort of weapon should I use though with my noobish abilities. I tried Rifle, Hammer, combinations of Axe, Mace and Shield, and now I'm gonna test Sword. And no, no Greatswords, I'm not gonna use them. This build would be very effective with full Dragon attributes. At least that's what I think.

You would be objectively wrong. 

3 hours ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

I was actively trying to make as small a change as possible to keep within the realm of feasibility.

I understand the sentiment, but bladesworn needs some larger changes. The only reason what I have brought to the table could not be feasible is  if thee dev team is inept..... which i guess is why i see your point.

• Like 1

Contrary to most of what I've heard, I find bladesworn HIGHLY enjoyable. It makes you realize warrior's the only profession health/toughness-wise capable of standing there for 2.5 seconds to wind up a dragon trigger (by the way that windup reduction was amazing, it feels genuinely usable) for that gnarly payoff. If there's one thing that's just CRIMINAL in its design though...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make the middle grandmaster, Unyielding Dragon, also make Dragon Triggers ignore weakness.

I cannot count how many times I've wound up for what should've been a 90k+ dragon slash, and I resultantly get 11-15k glancing blows and the bluest balls of my life. This spec is nearly invalidated by weakness if the dragon triggers become glancing blows, which just seems like an oversight when there's already design in place to make the dragon triggers immune to blind. 
On another note, the damage on the gunsaber kit itself feels a tad weak. I understand there's this intent design to make it lower sustained damage so as to encourage weapon swapping (in the same way engineer weapons have weaker autoattacks to encourage kit usage), but I think in general the numbers could be toned up. Sometimes it just feels like I'm waving a stick around instead of using a dangerous and volatile lovechild of gun and sword. 

• Like 4

Ok some feedback after playing the first two EoD maps + the story happening in there. Meaning it will focus open world PvE, since most positive feedback from players is coming out of that direction. Where do I start...?

First of all maybe something basic. I was running full berserk/some assassins gear with eagle rune, force and accuracy sigills, axe/pistol and full might infusions. As for utilities I used the new healing, flow stabilizer, fgj, Fury signet and signet of rage. That way I did the most potential damage solo in my opinion. With fury I was critcapped. Traits: Stength 2 or 3 - 3, 2, discipline 2 - 3 - 1 (mainly because of weapon swap  and warrior sprint), bsw 3 - 2 - 2. Why do I mention my gear and traits? Well people say they can oneshot elite mobs (which is wrong by the way, even with hitting 90-100k dragobslash with 25 might and stacks of fierce as fire).  Barely veteran mobs and no mob at all if they have protection or you have weakness.

Gunsaber:

Literally any skill sucks in the damage department. Even when attacking regular, unscaled trash mobs i hit like a wet noodle. Auto attack is weak and slow, blooming fire has abyssmal range and mediocre damage with the only positive that you can move while casting (even though you have to be careful then that you dont walk out of the 130 radius). Artillery slash is spammable but I crit for like 3-4k max? Thats... ye. Skill 4 is good for projectiles I guess but, again, no real damage. I barely use skill 5 because I honestly think its a stupid attack. 

Next to the low damage you have sky high cooldowns, I am honestly surprised how they were released this way. I am not going to run the elite just to spam more low damage skills and eating more damage in the process. Also BIG MISSED OPPURTUNITY: Why is there is NO vulnerability on any gunsaber skill? They are freaking explosions and should make the enemy vulnerable. This condition alone would make them more attractive in solo play because your big hit will deal more damage after.

Pistol:

Surprisingly or unsurprisingly the 5,4,5 combo deals good damage and is excellent to activate your traits. Also its a much better option to kill trash mobs combined with the axe. I inwardly thanked Balthasar when my regular weapon cooldowns were up again so I can stop using gunsaber as filler. 

Dragontrigger:

1 and 2 are good for either single target or cleave and its fun for some time to deal "big numbers". 3 is probably the worst skill out of the 5. The damage coefficient is kitten, you deal like 40k damage max charged. Thats awful imo, even if you shoot a projectile. 4 and 5 are surprisingly enough to deal with attacks, as long as you dont face more than 3-4 enemies I would say. Any more and you risk getting cced which is truly awful because you have to wait for your flow again. ANOTHER BIG MISSED OPPORTUNITY: Not being able to move or dodge is terrible! This alone makes me hate it. Your condition management to deal with weakness is conpletely dependent on discipline or SiO. There is nothing you can do about boons. And so far I would say protection was represented... a lot.

Utility skills:

- The healing skill is good, not being able to use it in dragontrigger... well not so good. 

- Flow stabilizer is kind of mandatory if you dont want to endure the gunsaber skills for too long, especially at the start of fights. Why not give it fury on first use and stability plus the additional flow on second use? Or the other way around.

- The elite exists, but I dont see the reason to use it.

- The other skills are worthless, no matter how you look at them.

Traits:

You have fixed aspects you buff in each tier. This was already mentioned and its an awful idea! Why not have traits for flow in each tier? Or traits for dragontrigger? At the moment there is just one "good" trait in each tier. Unseen sword because it gives you additional flow for free and no cost, fierce as fire because lush forest is just meh and the barrier is not worth it. The grandmaster choice is 95% on unyielding dragon. It gives you might for MMR and it helps with block/blind. The latter alone makes the other two bad. What good is immortal dragon if your hit didnt land? 

Daring dragon deserves a special mention. Since sometimes I felt like using faster bursts, I tried to use this trait. Bad idea. The dps cost for not charging a bullet is huge, so obviously having max 5 bullets is bad! You waste Ressources and time for nothing. Keep exponential damage calculation in mind. I dont know the exact numbers but I am pretty sure that 2 bursts with 3 bullets each deal less damage than one with 6. Or two bursts with 5 bullets each deal less than one with 10 bullets.

All in all its fun for running around, like pretty much any build. But the thicker the action gets, the worse this spec is. Its also probably just a matter of time before you get bored dealing with the waiting time for the bursts. Just another melee spec... Personally I cant even call it midranged like some others do. And lastly: Your cc on demand is non existent. 

Edited by anbujackson.9564

[Also posting here since this is the dedicated feedback thread]

After playing around with Bladesworn for the past 2 weeks, I’ve come to a couple of conclusions that I wanted to share as food for discussion.  [Note: I’m focusing primarily on how BS plays in PvP/WvW for the purposes of this post.]

1.) BS isn’t as bad as I feared it would be.  Don’t get me wrong, I think it still needs a lot of work (see below), but many of the gunsaber and DT skills are pretty fun to play with.  The foundation for a solid e-spec is there.

2.) BS, in its current form, is completely buoyed by two abusive mechanics: insane healing from Might Makes Right and Vigorous shouts, and an unblockable, unblindable CC in all forms of DT thanks to Unyielding Dragon.  If you took either or both of these things away, BS would be completely unplayable in competitive.

The end result is that there is pretty much one way to play BS: with Strength and Tactics trait lines and with Unyielding Dragon selected.  Furthermore, most/all of your utility slots are dedicated to shouts—which is kinda silly, because that means there is no space for the Armament utilities—you know, the ones that are *supposed* to be good on BS and facilitate its playstyle. Lastly, the damage on Gunsaber skills (especially blooming fire) is pretty underwhelming, and you have lost your F1 bursts on your other weapon set, so the most significant source of damage you can provide is from your DT skills.  This reduces BS to a one-trick pony trying to kite around and stay alive until DT comes off CD to attempt another Dragon slash.

I submit that BS will not be in a healthy place until a) it can bring more offense to the table besides DT, b) it doesn’t rely on abusing MMR and vigorous shouts to stay alive (which will probably get one or both nerfed into the ground and thus ruin them for the rest of the profession), and c) has greater build diversity.  To these ends, I suggest the following changes.

Changes to Dragon Trigger (and related traits):

The words “unblockable,” “unblindable,” and “CC” shouldn’t be allowed in the same sentence let alone the same Grand Master trait.  Unfortunately, some combination of these things is necessary for BS to function at all in competitive modes. But the current iteration makes it fairly annoying and toxic to play against, since there is little you can do when facing a BS in DT except get out of range/LOS and have your finger on the dodge key and hope your reflexes (and ping) are good enough.  The following suggestions aim to make DT strong but still counter-playable and to reduce reliance on Unyielding Dragon.

1.)  Dragonscale Defense: Gain stability (3s) and Resistance (3s) when entering DT (No CD). 
This makes “blind immunity” baseline on DT skills.  It also prevents immobilize from shutting down DS-Boost and weakness from ruining such an important part of your offense.  In exchange, Resistance is strippable/corruptible, so it would be possible for at least some builds to still shut down BS in DT.

2.) DS-Force: make this unblockable at baseline.  Also, it should have its damage increased since it is decidedly harder to land.  Minimum damage on par with Arcing slice (when target is ABOVE 50% health) and Max dmg on par with Arc Divider would probably be appropriate. Note: this is NOT a CC.

3.) DS-Boost: Same as it is now but inflicts 1.5s Daze at baseline.  Daze duration does NOT scale with ammo; only damage does. 

This allows for a fairly meaningful CC even at 1 charge.  However, it is not a stun and it is blockable so there is both counterplay available and ability to recover (e.g. move or dodge) even if you get hit.

4.) DS-Reach: Same as it is now but Dazes for 1s and Immobilizes for 2s as baseline effects. 

This gains some tactical utility for locking down fleeing foes or holding them still for artillery slash or other projectiles.  Note: this is NOT unblockable.

Changes to Grand Master Traits:

The underlying philosophy behind these changes is that DT should build up enduring effects that extend beyond the use of DT.  This even fits the anime theme, as your character is having a Dragon Ball-Z-esque “power up” session while in DT.  You can even scream at your computer screen while he’s charging.  Try it; it’s cathartic. The aim here is to make BS less dependent on the DT skills themselves but to use DT to “power up” other aspects of offense or defense.

1.) Immortal Dragon: Gain Protection (1/2s) and Barrier (250 hp) per each charged cartridge gained [i.e., 5s protection and 2500 barrier total for a full charge].  Heal for 20% of DS’s damage. 

I recommend increasing the % healing since you won’t be getting the 100k DS in PvP/WvW, so 8% healing just isn’t sufficient to make it worthwhile.

2.) Unyielding Dragon: Gain Might (1 stack for 6s) and a stackable damage modifier (+ 1.5% for 15s--max 10 stacks) for each charged cartridge gained. [Thus 10 might and +15% damage modifier for a full charge].

The idea here is promote bursty offense while not enabling too much abuse of MMR. 

3.) Daring Dragon: May renter DT immediately if you can pay the flow cost (10).  Max cartridge charges limited to 5.  Gain quickness (3/4s) for each cartridge gained. 

Changes to Gunsaber:

Overall, the damage and utility are just too low on this weapon, but it has a lot of good things going for it.  A few tweaks:

1.) Blooming Fire: double the damage of the first explosion; keep the secondary explosions the same.  This enables a higher burst damage and doesn’t rely on 4 separate hits to all crit in order to get decent damage output.  Increasing the range to 180 would be nice too.

2.) Cyclone Trigger: Make this a full block for 1.5s.  This would now be a powerful defensive skill and would even work with Shield Master in Defense.

3.) Break Step: Removes immobile in addition to its current effects.  Increasing range to 600 would be really nice, too. 

You’ve done a good job on creating a version of Warrior that does not absolutely require Discipline to function, but BS is still overly susceptible to immobilize.  It needs some tools to be able to deal with it.

Changes to Traits:

1.) Unseen Sword [change name to “Lock ‘N Load”?]:  Gain flow (5s) when you use an ammo skill (CD 5s).  Gunsaber skills gain 20% reduced recharge.

Unseen Sword is pretty underwhelming.  Moreover, we need ways to improve Gunsaber skills since we are locked into taking it and it plays such a large part of our offense.

2.) Lush Forest: Gain Alacrity (1.5s) when you use an ammo skill

3.) Fierce as Fire: Explosions grant Might (1 stack for 6s) and inflict Vulnerability (1 stack for 6s)

Enables high might generation but distributes it between FAF and Unyielding Dragon.  Also is a way to make multi-explosion skills like Blooming Fire and Dragon’s Roar to be more impactful.

Changes to Utilities:

Not gonna lie; BS’s utilities are pretty awful right now.  They need some major love.  A few ideas:

1.) Flow Stabilizer: Grants protection (4s) instead of Fury.  Same flow gain.

We need ways to promote damage reduction/surivability on BS that isn’t just spamming shouts or abusing MMR.

2.) Tactical Reload:  Restores ALL ammo charges for Gunsaber and Pistol skills ONLY.  40s CD.

Again, the goal is to discourage heal spam via shouts while at the same time promoting offensive play.

3.) Dragonspike Mine: Reduce CD to 25s.

Compare this to Ranger’s Lightning Reflexes which does almost the same thing but has a base CD of 30s, grants vigor for 10s, and can be traited to reduce CD to 24s while cleansing 2 conditions AND granting Fury. 

4.) Electric fence/Bullet-proof barrier:  These are useless.  If they were combined into a single skill that functioned like an uncrossable barrier like Line of Warding that also blocked projectiles, it would be amazing, at least in certain niche roles. 

I’m sure there’s more that could be said, but I’m out of brain power for now.  Thanks for reading!

It's generally a fun spec. Only problem I noticed that's really dumb, and I think it's something more to do with how smart AI is, getting feared, which happens way too often when fighting certain enemies.  Speakers from the Echovald Wilds, for example. There doesn't seem to be any cd on their fear and they are very smart to use it as soon as dragon trigger is activated. Can't even give it a decent charge, or even wait for a fear then try because they have unlimited fear. This could be more of that particlar mob problem, less to do with Bladesworn. Or you all can just make it where we can't be knocked down, feared or what ever breaks the charge. Alternatively, refund us the bar and don't put dragon trigger on a cd, let be instant.

1 hour ago, medivh.4725 said:

I'd rather a main hand pistol. That way can pair with warhorn

I feel like main hand should be a ranged option, as bladesworn as a package lacks any form of range if using pistol at all. Could also combo well with the current offhand, 5 to back off a bit, then use mainhand to make use of the distance created to range the enemy before leaping back in with 4.

I actually enjoyed my experience till now and wasnt on the hating team but WTF... why the f Warriors got ignored in todays patch, sorry I mean more like NERFED (Warhorn 4+5 only buffs 5 instead of 10 peolple).

So with that, u took the very reason to equip this weapon at all by nerfing its effectiveness almost by 50%, meanwhile u gave nothing back in return + ignored the dmg coefficent of the baby doll hitting Gunsaber skills aswell. The Warhorn was a insane tool for the DE meta for example but falled off under the radar of the most so or so. Where is the exchange?

You know what, delete this weird class that youre seemingly hating and ignoring, transfer us to revs or guards and its done, because this is starting to get as stupid as it could possibly be. Seriously no wonder Rytlock rolled over years ago.

PS: You can easily cancel ur own DT with quickness on because its aftercast is dogshit, in fact that u ignored  this shocking me the most.

Edited by nderim.7463
  • Like 1

I would just make it more like the monster hunter charged blade.  You acumulate charges while dealing damage and store them until you can use them without a cd. 

All the armaments are really boring and centered in protecting the player , in a bad way, when he uses the skills. 

• Like 1

I already made a post here, but I noticed something else afterwards: Blooming Fire, gunsaber's second skill, has a ridiculously long aftercast that lingers even after weapon swapping. It would greatly benefit the flow of the weapon if this was reduced. I didn't realize it until I saw my character unable to cast anything else for nearly half a second after the cast of this skill ended. Way too long aftercast!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Siegdarth.6180 said:

You accumulate charges while dealing damage and store them until you can use them without a cd. 

Wouldn't that just be core warrior? Or if you're really nitpicky about "without a cooldown", axe berserker? I like the current flow iteration, it makes dragon triggers hard to accumulate instantly but makes them far more accessible, consistent, and rewarding once combat ramps up, so long as you're vaguely using skills to maintain your flow. Plus, warrior has the durability and staying power to wind up this skill for 2.5 seconds, something other classes can't really afford without, and I think that's neat. It's a different style from berserker, where it's squishier and bursts hard but struggles to maintain its berserk form for extended periods, whereas bladesworn has more staying power while still packing a MAJOR punch. 

1 hour ago, FalsePromises.6398 said:

Wouldn't that just be core warrior? Or if you're really nitpicky about "without a cooldown", axe berserker? I like the current flow iteration, it makes dragon triggers hard to accumulate instantly but makes them far more accessible, consistent, and rewarding once combat ramps up, so long as you're vaguely using skills to maintain your flow. Plus, warrior has the durability and staying power to wind up this skill for 2.5 seconds, something other classes can't really afford without, and I think that's neat. It's a different style from berserker, where it's squishier and bursts hard but struggles to maintain its berserk form for extended periods, whereas bladesworn has more staying power while still packing a MAJOR punch. 

While getting carried by Tactics and TR 😁

Peak gaming, reminds me of Scourge shade clicking. 

1 hour ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

While getting carried by Tactics and TR 😁

Peak gaming, reminds me of Scourge shade clicking. 

If you mean Tactics and Tactical Reload elite, I haven't even really touched those while playing bladesworn. I've tried strength/arms and strength/discipline, and the only sustain I've used is Might Makes Right and Mending. Worked well enough for Kaineng Overlook where I hit 30% of my squad's dps even with the wrong strength grandmaster (rip 21% damage mod) as well as runes/sigils.

I was always indifferent to warrior before I tried bladesworn: I played my fair share of berserker (power banners, pdps, and cdps), avoided my fair share of spellbreaker (ew), and even used core with signets for fun in open world. None of them are as wicked as bladesworn, and I'm loving it.

Armaments might be weird, weakness a little too strong against the spec, and gunsaber kit skills a bit weak/clunky, but dragon triggers and flow are really fun to work with, and the pistol has its niche as a bursty mobile melee offhander. 

If ANYTHING carries this spec, it's Unyielding Dragon grandmaster, really.

Edited by FalsePromises.6398
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, FalsePromises.6398 said:

If you mean Tactics and Tactical Reload elite, I haven't even really touched those while playing bladesworn. I've tried strength/arms and strength/discipline, and the only sustain I've used is Might Makes Right and Mending. Worked well enough for Kaineng Overlook where I hit 30% of my squad's dps even with the wrong strength grandmaster (rip 21% damage mod) as well as runes/sigils.

I was always indifferent to warrior before I tried bladesworn: I played my fair share of berserker (power banners, pdps, and cdps), avoided my fair share of spellbreaker (ew), and even used core with signets for fun in open world. None of them are as wicked as bladesworn, and I'm loving it.

Armaments might be weird, weakness a little too strong against the spec, and gunsaber kit skills a bit weak/clunky, but dragon triggers and flow are really fun to work with, and the pistol has its niche as a bursty mobile melee offhander. 

If ANYTHING carries this spec, it's Unyielding Dragon grandmaster, really.

Just a headsup:

The main reason why pistol is used right now is because of fierce as fire (you cant stack it to 10 otherwise). Its not too bad though. Dont cross out unyielding dragon, its still true and you dont have a better trait anyway.

If you do 30% squad dps then thats not because of bladesworn. Lets say you did 30k. 100% would be 100k squad damage. Thats a leftover of 70k divided by 9 which is less than 8k per player average. That pretty much just proved that half your team was sleeping. So i dont know what your point is. If you are a good player in a bad team, then you can be at the very top with pretty much any spec even stuff like catalyst and untamed now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

Just a headsup:

The main reason why pistol is used right now is because of fierce as fire (you cant stack it to 10 otherwise). Its not too bad though. Dont cross out unyielding dragon, its still true and you dont have a better trait anyway.

If you do 30% squad dps then thats not because of bladesworn. Lets say you did 30k. 100% would be 100k squad damage. Thats a leftover of 70k divided by 9 which is less than 8k per player average. That pretty much just proved that half your team was sleeping. So i dont know what your point is. If you are a good player in a bad team, then you can be at the very top with pretty much any spec even stuff like catalyst and untamed now.

^ Pretty much that. I don't know how many times I've seen 1-2 people carry a whole squads DPS, for everything from raids/strikes to open world events.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

Just a headsup:

I was being kinda facetious about crossing out unyielding dragon, I know it's very strong, and about pistol, I'm fine with taking a weapon option as a damage mod optimizer as long as it's not purely for that purpose. I think pistol definitely has enough other functionality to justify using it aside from Fierce as Fire mods.

About the squad dps thing, my point was more that bladesworn is capable and applicable, in a reasonable and fun manner. I know it's not overperforming, I oriented my build around benchmark videos that showed numbers on par if not slightly stronger than average numbers (the one I modeled my build off of was saying 39k dps, but I had a few open-world-focused modifications sigil/rune-wise).

I guess I didn't really give full context either: in that Kaineng instance, another player on reaper also hit just under 30% so we both made up ~60% of squad's dps (we were admittedly competing for top dps the entire time), but he had reliable quickness while I had none because we didn't have many boons barring alac. I also had the wrong strength grandmaster so -21% damage mod, and took warbanner over TR so somewhat lower sustained damage, but I think that's a pretty good sign if I can beat a reaper in a low-boon environment dps race on an altered setup. If two people, one being a reaper, are each hitting 30% squad damage each in a low boon environment, it more likely says that both players were markedly effective despite boon drought. Only difference is, my damage would further scale up with better boon coverage and certain trait/slot skill alterations. 

To backtrack to the main point of the original message, I wanted to stress that I faced no problems with the dragon trigger flow and windup model, and in fact very much enjoyed it because it offered me unique capabilities separate from berserker. I didn't have to stay on the boss 24/7 to upkeep my flow and use dragon triggers, as opposed to berserker where you NEED to be hitting the boss in melee range to generate adrenaline (and have a pesky toughness debuff that adds risk to doing so). I also had blinks or dragon triggers 2 and 3 for striking enemies out of range of 1, and the dragon trigger stability/aegis/blink gave me good windup insurance, better defenses in my rooted state, and the capability to adjust or cover myself as needed.

It was very intuitive and unique, and I wouldn't trade it for something that just made it another "hit enemies to charge big fast attack" that people are asking for, just like core and berserker do. I think most people just aren't used to it yet, or don't plan their dragon triggers well enough. 

Unrelated to how the BS plays (which I still stand by the it's clunky feeling) and I'm not sure I've seen anyone mention this however in my playing BS I have noticed that if you have legendries in either hand or a 2 handed one that you don't have any legendary auras/effects while in GS or DT kits/modes (for the weapons).  Which in open world you seem to spend a large amount of time in those kits/modes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2022 at 12:00 AM, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

Unrelated to how the BS plays (which I still stand by the it's clunky feeling) and I'm not sure I've seen anyone mention this however in my playing BS I have noticed that if you have legendries in either hand or a 2 handed one that you don't have any legendary auras/effects while in GS or DT kits/modes (for the weapons).  Which in open world you seem to spend a large amount of time in those kits/modes.

welcome to engi life