Bladesworn Feedback Thread

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Delete banners. Until you do that - it doesn't matter how many DPS specs you add to warrior, everyone will keep treating it as support and keep calling it by a very unsavory name, breeding furthe

I think its really fun to play but find its lacking a lot of damage in pvp for the set up required, max dragon trigger did about 3 to 6 thousand damage which for a skill that requires so much set up s

Skins please, this lv 30 Queensdale piece of junk is unsightly

After spending some more time with the spec, I have noticed a major issue. 

Dragon Slash Force is supposed to be the BIG payoff of the spec. You build up your flow to max. You root yourself for 5 seconds and count to ten. You announce to the entire map that you're about to burst. 

You shout "For Great Justice!" Pumping yourself up for the big hit. Then, at long last, you unleash!

5k crit. 

That's it? You couldn't make the big payoff of the spec hit harder than a lich auto? I've seen bigger numbers on Maul. 

I'm going to sound like a broken record at this point, because I've said the exact same thing about Catalyst, Virtuoso, and Willbender. 

You've got the negative trade-off. The long build up, the telegraph with the duration of a full legnth movie.

But. Trade-offs. Need. Pay-offs. 

Plain and simple. There's no pay-off. This needs it's numbers tuned way up. This should be critting for 20k+ if you manage to land it at full charge with 16+ might stacks. Not 5k.  

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

1.  I like pistol.   Actually played mace/pistol and it felt good.  The range on pistol 5 is hilarious.  Guys, we were only joking about warriors getting melee pistols!  It works though.  

2.  The utilities seem to be made for range so I tried them out with rifle and I can see how that would work.  Didn't work as well with bow.  It's odd though because the gun blade is largely melee.

3.  Flow feels bad when you are not on gunblade.  I kept wanted to do something with it but a lot of the time i was fine just using mace/pistol and didn't want to switch.  I really wish flow could be used for something outside of gun blade.

4.  When flow is full I wish it would start filling ammo.  Maybe it could start filling each bullet halfway once you get to 100?

5.  Dragon triggers don't feel right.  I would take less damage if I could use them more fluidly. I think it comes with having to manage two resources.  I get flow comes from combat. Ammo comes from standing still?  I can foresee no situation where I would ever fill up all the ammo.  It's too much a departure from how the rest of the game has trained us to play.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh dear, on the surface the class is fun to play for the most part but every practical element of the skill set just doesn't work well in a PVP/WVW environment.

Again, we're still slaves to [Fast Hands] if we ever want to use our main weapon over the Gunsaber but considering Dragon Trigger puts weapon swap on cooldown... oof.
We lose two Sigils which is a big part of Warriors kit, again, due to [Fast Hands].

After extensive duels vs the other beta specs and against regular meta builds, it simply just doesn't hold up. Extremely low damage on Gunsabers skills 2/5, skills 3/4 ranged aspects randomly miss but without the "miss" notification popping up. Above all the only defensive utility you have available on your 1-5 is a missile block... We can't quickly swap weapons to Shield anymore because it's likely on cooldown if you ever want to use Dragon Trigger.
Because the weapon skills do so little, my opponents rarely ever feel pressured. With #3/#4's ranged skills easily being blocked or absorbed or reflected (or disappearing) and with Dragon Trigger leaving me standing there for a few seconds (whilst my opponent literally walks away out of range) I feel borderline useless.

I found some fun in constantly spamming Dragon Trigger #2 but waiting 5 seconds for 4k damage is just a disaster. The best combo by far is to CC your enemy and then with quickness spam Gunsaber 4/3/3/3/4. It does more damage than a fully charged Dragon Trigger #1 and it also does it faster.

Looks cool. Low to no defensives, low to no damage pressure. Needs serious buffs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

This spec is trash you have literally turned a class that's only saving grace was how fluid it played and now its a clunky mess... please for the love of god let your developers play this class for a few hours in the beta against other real players in PvP... so so bad core warrior performs better than this in PvP.

I get the Mele and Ranged combo thing your trying to go for with 1,2 being mele and 3,4 being ranged but it just isn't jelling well when the utility bounces you back 20 feet and the 5 skill nocks you 3 feet forward (causing you to miss 2 skill).. Having to use full heal shout cleanse build just to stay up longer than 2 seconds in PvP because you have no other choice defensively. 0 diversity in build choice with this spec because if you move out of a defensive/heal build people will steam roll you no matter how much jumping around back and forth you do. Good luck making that work against ranged/Condi builds.

• Thanks 4

Its really satisfying to pull off and overall it feels really good. Espedially with tactics, shouts and the elite skill.

I was a bit concerned about the long CD gunsaber skills but they feel overall balanced by having charges and getting them back with the elite.

The lack of high stab stacks make Bladesworn susceptible to CC during charging which seems fair.

One shotting veteran chaks is dope AF btw.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

After spending some more time with the spec, I have noticed a major issue. 

Dragon Slash Force is supposed to be the BIG payoff of the spec. You build up your flow to max. You root yourself for 5 seconds and count to ten. You announce to the entire map that you're about to burst. 

You shout "For Great Justice!" Pumping yourself up for the big hit. Then, at long last, you unleash!

5k crit. 

That's it? You couldn't make the big payoff of the spec hit harder than a lich auto? I've seen bigger numbers on Maul. 

I'm going to sound like a broken record at this point, because I've said the exact same thing about Catalyst, Virtuoso, and Willbender. 

You've got the negative trade-off. The long build up, the telegraph with the duration of a full legnth movie.

But. Trade-offs. Need. Pay-offs. 

Plain and simple. There's no pay-off. This needs it's numbers tuned way up. This should be critting for 20k+ if you manage to land it at full charge with 16+ might stacks. Not 5k.  

I haven't tried this spec out yet, but isn't this the skill that hits for 400k on the stream? Where does 5k crit come from? Or am I confusing that with something else?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Even if they increase the damage, they would need to make dragon trigger 2 and 3 TRACK BETTER and hit more accurately. Dragon force (dragon trigger 1) is meant to be used when people are downed but WOW why does it hit weaker than whirling axe whats the point if your mechanic has no point, core warrior is bad right now but I'd rather play that than bladesworn if the ratios are THIS BAD. Whose idea was to make gunsaber burst skills 2k damage compared to 5k whirling axe anyways? What is common sense. And you just get CC'd out of dragon trigger, this spec is borderline unplayable even though it's "interesting" so please just make the dragon bursts hit HARDER than whirling axe if you want this spec to be remote-ly viable ANET.

Also glancing blows/weakness just makes this spec unplayable as it is nothing but raw power. It's too hard to synergize it with shouts and defense because you NEED discipline but you also NEED arms just so you can land "rewarding" 6k damage through random aegis and etc, it's just so bad because your numbers are really bad anet.

Edited by BlackTruth.6813
  • Thanks 2
17 minutes ago, nopoet.2960 said:

4.  When flow is full I wish it would start filling ammo.  Maybe it could start filling each bullet halfway once you get to 100?

Actually, why not make it so that when Flow is full the Gunsabre's ammunition CD is cut tremendously? That way you're forced to burst your way up using your skills to get maxed Flow, but once you have max Flow you can camp Gunsabre 

5 minutes ago, The Great Al.2546 said:

I haven't tried this spec out yet, but isn't this the skill that hits for 400k on the stream? Where does 5k crit come from? Or am I confusing that with something else?

Yep its the one that hits for 400k. Looks like they went overboard in nerfing it for PvP. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, The Great Al.2546 said:

Some players are just to naive or doesn't have enough experience in MMO and they actually believed they were going one shot someone in pvp. BS is a broken mess by design.

• Thanks 2

Dragon Trigger is awful; taking it to fight something that has a high amount of knockdowns like say, a hydra, makes it impossible to actually use unless you're worthlessly firing it right away because you can't move and have to take so long for it to be worth it. It needs something, either charging significantly faster or immunity to CC while charging, otherwise the spec's main mechanic isn't worth actually using.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, NyneaveTallis.8549 said:

Dragon Trigger is awful; taking it to fight something that has a high amount of knockdowns like say, a hydra, makes it impossible to actually use unless you're worthlessly firing it right away because you can't move and have to take so long for it to be worth it. It needs something, either charging significantly faster or immunity to CC while charging, otherwise the spec's main mechanic isn't worth actually using.

I wondered when I'd find a Nyneave...

• Haha 1

Make "daring dragon" baseline and replace it with a trait (pulsing stability)

Would be still fair even with 80% of whirling axe power. If you want a start ANET, take my suggestion into consideration. I'm already rooted and I HAVE to bring reliable stability/berserker stance. Specially if the flow gain has to be this bad.

Edited by BlackTruth.6813

This will be my initial feedback from about 3 hours on the first day. This is purely in regards to competitive modes, specifically dueling, as that’s about all I was doing. This has nothing to do with pve.

The good:

It’s different: The spec plays very differently than warrior. Like, very differently. Part of that is that the gunsabre is used far more than off set. I ended up switching to sword main hand in the off and dedicated the off set to kiting, which is kind of redundant, which I’ll get into later. 

Mobility: This spec is fast. I found very little problem with mobility in both duels vs high mobility builds, and the small amount of roaming I did, even without running discipline. The actual distance values aren’t necessarily high, but it covers ground very quickly, making the spec fairly fast in combat imo. 

Discipline is unnecessary: Speaking of the discipline line, since I found myself mostly just sitting in the gunblade so I had access to dragon trigger, I took off discipline and was really not much worse for ware. Obviously my patterns and movements in the spec are in ideal, and I’ll probably swap more as I get more comfortable balancing the gunsabre and dragon trigger, but without the burst skill, the secondary set, and not having an external weapon swap, really didn’t bother me as much as I thought it would. Now, I would say having f2 flip over to your burst skill when not in gun blade would probably go a long way to helping the spec feel coherent. As is, when not in gunblade, it feels like a clunky version of core.

Sustain: To my surprise, it felt like it could endure quite a bit. Part of this is because my mobility is high. Creating separation with break step or dragon trigger boost is very quick and easy, providing high sustain when coupled with the barrier trait and warrior’s existing sustain. Another part is the fairly decent burst pressure that can be applied at 600 range with the 3 and 4 skills (honestly they didn’t work beyond 600 range. I would never reliably hit people beyond that unless they were standing still). Tbh this was somewhat surprising to me, as I expected the spec to be glassy. Part of this was also that, when running unyielding dragon, the daze every 8 seconds was disrupting my opponents enough to give me separation to heal. 

Enjoyment: The spec is incredibly fun! It really is a fun play style. The gunsabre feels very versatile in combat and has a lot of utility. Overall, I give it an A in the enjoyment category. 

The bad:

This is where we really get into why this spec doesn’t seem to be working well in competitive modes;

The Damage: The damage is just not good. It’s too nerfed for competitive modes, especially in dragon trigger. Let’s start with gunsabre;

Gunsabre’s damage isn’t bad tbh. The only skill I really have a problem with is the 2 skill. It’s just a damage skill atm, yet doesn’t hit very hard. I was running very glassy (zerk w/ strength/scholar/ogre depending on the time) for a while and would only really hit around 3k. I got up to 4K on golems. It just felt very low for the skill imo. If the skill blinded, or had a larger range on the explosions or something, I would get it a bit more. However, requiring melee and being somewhat unreliable made it feel kind of lack luster. The 3 and 4 skills are very good. Break step is a really nice mobility skill. Overall, the normal gunsabre just needs a buff to damage, mostly on the 2 skill imo. It just doesn’t hit all that hard for a skill that’s only feature is doing damage.

Dragon Trigger Damage: This is where I feel the problem really is. The rest of the kit is solid. Needs a small damage bump, but it’s solid. However, Dragon Trigger’s damage is not good. It’s supposed to be a burst, yet really doesn’t do all that much damage, leaving the entire kit feeling like it lacks the ability to dish out any real punishment. The Gunsabre is a very flexible weapon, and as a result does not have good spike damage, which is fine. However, dragon trigger is built to be a spike damage, yet fails to do so. Sure, tapping the skill shouldn’t give you 8k crits, but charging for 5 seconds shouldn’t only give you 6-8k crits either. For what it takes to use, it needs significantly more damage.

Now, as far as the charges go, there’s no reason to use over 5 charges ever (which I guess doesn’t matter, since in combat you will never even reach 5 charges), but the difference between 5 charges and 10 charges averaged 200 damage for an extra 2.5 second charge in my testing. I understand the 5 charge hit capping at 5-6k crits(usually. It would be nice if it was a bit higher, since this is the limit of what you will realistically use in competitive modes), but if I’m going to charge for another 2.5 seconds, it shouldn’t only add 200 damage to the raw damage. 

Overall, dragon trigger needs more damage. It, itself, is the payoff. It is the burst. It’s not a setup intended to be followed by a burst. It is the burst. However, with the high degree of immobility, long charge, etc. it doesn’t really work as a burst at its current damage level.

Other problems:

Using dragon trigger puts weapon swap on cool down. This made me just forget about weapon swap because it was constantly on cool down despite swapping. 

The gun Sabre can’t stop. This makes baiting people impossible, since there is no animation cancel. For example, if I’m going to hit a rev with an auto attack, and they pop glint heal, I would want to cancel the auto attack. Even if I can’t cancel the already cast one, it will prevent further hits. Right now, if auto attacking is on, the only way to make your character stop attacking is to get out of range, which can be problematic for a variety of reasons. There’s a sheath shown with the gunsabre, please let me stow the weapon for the love of god. 

Everything here is based on preliminary duels, and, per my own admission, could be subject to l2p issues. Plus the only problem I’m really pointing out is that it lacks damage, so the spec is actually rather solid if the damage is adjusted. I will provide more specific feedback after the beta is over when I, hopefully, have worked out more viable manners of using the spec and have tested it across a more diverse section of competitive modes.

Edited by oscuro.9720
Idk why this is formatted so weird, but oh well
39 minutes ago, BlackTruth.6813 said:

Even if they increase the damage, they would need to make dragon trigger 2 and 3 TRACK BETTER and hit more accurately. Dragon force (dragon trigger 1) is meant to be used when people are downed but WOW why does it hit weaker than whirling axe whats the point if your mechanic has no point, core warrior is bad right now but I'd rather play that than bladesworn if the ratios are THIS BAD. Whose idea was to make gunsaber burst skills 2k damage compared to 5k whirling axe anyways? What is common sense. And you just get CC'd out of dragon trigger, this spec is borderline unplayable even though it's "interesting" so please just make the dragon bursts hit HARDER than whirling axe if you want this spec to be remote-ly viable ANET.

Also glancing blows/weakness just makes this spec unplayable as it is nothing but raw power. It's too hard to synergize it with shouts and defense because you NEED discipline but you also NEED arms just so you can land "rewarding" 6k damage through random aegis and etc, it's just so bad because your numbers are really bad anet.

You were hitting 6k in competitive modes? What were you fighting, all FA eles that don’t know hot to use a CC?

I found DT2 to hit rather reliably, though DT3 I literally never landed, which was unideal.

I think something that would help with the whole “ccd out of DT” is if stuns and dazes didn’t cancel it. I understand knockdowns and knock backs, but if stuns and dazed just temporarily disable the state, I would say it would work better. Alternatively, cancelling DT with bullets left over leaves those bullets charged. That way building more significant stacks would actually be attainable in competitive modes.

those are just some ideas I have floating around, what do you think?

Edited by oscuro.9720

[Thoughts and corrections]

Hi, Anet and fellow players.

I'm really excited for the bladesworn. I loved the concept, and after played it, I really like that we warriors now have a powerful version that feel very different.

Positive:

- Great burst from dragonslash, bring something new, really nice to release that full power
- off-hand pistol working great with two powerful skills in synergy
- Excellent healing skill with a dual options
- At last a decent elite skill, that works really well with the mechanics
- Cool animations

However, there are issues that MUST be adressed:
- Many others here brought the point: it feels clunky. And stressful also I think. Instead of a list, I'll go to the crucial point:

WE CANNOT USE BURST UNLESS WITH GUNSABER

And that's wrong for many reasons:
- All traits of the warrior enhancing burst skills (especially berserker power, adrenal health and marching orders) are meant to work with fast-paced use of bursts every 5-6s. Here, we have 8s cooldown, plus 5s channeling, and that's assuming you don't even switch weapon. Berserk power is long gone when you release dragon slash.
- Since we cannot use dragon slash without Gunsaber, we most likely are afraid to even switch weapons, effectively losing the second weapon set, or are more dependant to fast hands than ever before.
- For that reasons, the Lush Forest trait is basically mandatory for this build to work (I actually doubled my dps by switching to it). It's a great trait, no doubt, and should stay, but the two others are completely lagging behind (especially fierce as fire: why bring burning into a power spec?)

Also, gunsaber is supposed to be one of our weapon set, yet accessing it through a f-skill make it unatural and confusing to use in practice.

You made something completely new, and I respect you for that. Problem is, everything else the warrior had so far is not designed to work with it. It go further that changing adrenaline gain to flow.

So here are my suggestions:
1)  Merge f1 and f2: out of combat, f1 allow you to equip the gunsaber. In combat, it activates dragon slash AND make you immediatly switch to gunsaber (consistent of the idea of slashing while unsheathing). That way makes it more fluid between the two weapon set. Also, no matter which weapon equipped, you can track the cooldown of dragon slash and release it whatever your configuration. Considering it's thus become an effective weapon change, increasing cooldwon from 8s to 10s might be justified.
If not, reversing f1 and f2 would be more consistent
There's also the possibility to use dragon slash with the second set without switching weapons
2) Increase the duration of all effects granted by traits on burst  when it's dragon slash (like +40-50 %)

1 minute ago, oscuro.9720 said:

You were hitting 6k in competitive modes? What were you fighting, all FA eles that don’t know hot to use a CC?

I found DT2 to hit rather reliably, though DT3 I literally never landed, which was unideal.

I think something that would help with the whole “ccd out of DT” is if stuns and dazes didn’t cancel it. I understand knockdowns and knock backs, but if stuns and dazed just temporarily disable the state, I would say it would work better. Alternatively, cancelling DT with bullets left over leaves those bullets charged. That way building more significant stacks would actually be attainable in competitive modes.

those are just some ideas I have floating around, what do you think?

Oh it hit lower than that, it's actually around 4.5k vs FA, and you can't really full charge vs that. I think dragon trigger 2 hits more reliably than 3 but holy both are so easy to miss even with people not dodging. It's aids.

• Like 1

Full Disclosure:  this review is very preliminary; I'll remove this notice once I've had more time to test.

Overall

If I had to summarize Bladestorm err ... Bladesworn, in a phrase, it would be "out of character."  The weapon skills, the utilities, even the gunblade feel like they're on the wrong profession.  The mechanical changes to adrenaline umm ... flow have made it surprisingly hard to maintain adrenaline flow for long enough that even using your Dragon Trigger skills is meaningful.  That and without a more telegraphed "roll-over" to the Dragon Trigger skills, I honestly hadn't any idea what I was doing.

There's really just not enough to really tell me that something has changed, even with the adrenaline flow meter and the incrementing of ... ammo ... pips?  Things that make my uber-skill overpowered.

It does not feel good to have to keep staring at my skill bar to make sure things are happening, when I really need to be keeping an eye on the enemies I'm fighting so they can't knock me out of my "cool stance" or whatever it is that converts adrenaline flow into ... pips.  Yeah, going with pips.

Traits

Oh gods, it's like playing Virtuoso all over again.  I have no idea what traits interact correctly anymore because things like Cleansing Ire, Furious, and Axe Mastery really don't even seem to be doing anything to my adrenaline flow accrual.  That, and while "Arms" seems like a good choice for improving stuff (and is the default on a new character), "Discipline" seems more correct (given that we start with an axe, for some reason) thanks to the extra criticals ... but only if that's what you're aiming for.  There's almost nothing going on with "Defense" and "Tactics," so I'm kind of at a loss on what to even build for.

• Gun X Sword:  still not sure why we needed to rename adrenaline ah ... flow no wait I meant adrenaline to "flow."
  • River's Flow:  this would probably feel better if there were more means of actually healing ourselves, without going for a tankier build -- since, you know, we don't have actual burst skills to use anymore.  They're, um ... *checks notes* ... "dragon triggers," now?
  • Swift as the Wind:  I'd say the same here as well, since Gunblade Gunsaber only has one movement skill and unless you're running sword or hammer, don't really count on much else, here.  Unless you use a few utilities.
  • Unseen Sword:  this trait just does not feel worth it, particularly since it stops working as soon as I hit F1.
  • Dragonscale Defense:  my honest opinion is that this trait is a rather lackluster way of compensating for "stop playing warrior and stand still for 5 seconds or so," nevermind the lack of defense while I just ... I don't know, look cool.
  • Skipping master traits for now, since I really haven't used slot skills much ...
  • Guns and Glory:  considering I only get 5 sources of explosions (Dragon's Roar, Explosive Thrust, Blooming Fire, Artillery Strike, and Break Step), this feels kinda of ... lackluster as well.  Not asking to see this pulled off like a Grenade/Bomb-kit engineer, but I honestly feel I get more value out of other core traits without having to constantly dip into Gunsaber to make this worthwhile.
  • Immortal Dragon:  8% of 66,000 damage is 5,280 HP recovered, which, while my best hit against a veteran mob (the only thing that held up long enough to test things), isn't that much better than popping one of my core heal skills ... which also take less work to pull off.  And honestly?  It's probably not that much better than playing a tank warrior with Cleric's gear and running Adrenal Health, since, while it's only 2,456 HP over 15s, that's about how long it took to set up the attack anyway, but I can pop that off once every 6 to 8 seconds, so it honestly evens out.
  • Unyielding Dragon:  probably the best choice here, since "unblockable" means "get wrecked" in Guild Wars parlance, but the "stun on hit" feels a bit wasted on anything that isn't a boss ... and frankly you're probably saving this for right around when you pop it's break bar anyway, to capitalize on damage.  Would appreciate some other effect, to make it feel more worthwhile.
  • Daring Dragon:  considering that "more pips mean more damage," I'm not entirely sure why this trait is even here, other than to let you make two smaller hits in sequence.  I'd have to do a lot more testing to see what kind of curve the damage scaling takes, but considering that only +2 or +3 pips jumped me from 22,000 to 66,000 damage, I'm not sure it's worth bothering?

Slot Skills

I'm just not feeling it.  Nearly all of them just feel like a repackaged version of other skills, and don't really accomplish much.  I'd sooner run banners or signets and a stun-break for the extra stat points.

• Combat Stimulant:  this skill appears to be designed to be spammed, which is kind of ... bad, honestly.  The wait for "stim state" to end for that bigger blast of healing feels very counterintuitive to its use as a healing skill, and wasting a charge to get boons I can earn from other means seems foolish.
  • Flow Stabilizer:  ... I think it's working?  Maybe?  It's giving me adrenaline flow, possibly?  At least the bar pulsed a few times.  I think.
  • Skipping other skills until further testing is conducted ...
  • Tactical Reload:  I'm fairly convinced this skill, like Dragonscale Defense, exists only to legitimize the mechanical aspects of the other skills -- namely the use of an ammo system.

Gunsaber / Dragon Trigger / ????

It's greatsword all over again, except it hits a lot harder and makes explosions.  The feel of it is a bit wonky, particularly since it really does feel like playing core greatsword more than some kind of "burst-skill-but-a-stance-or-maybe-bundle" deal.  The best that I can describe it is like most other aspects of the elite:  flashy, but lackluster.  The use of ammo for these skills also feels just a bit weird, too, as a means to justify the core theme.

• Default Attack Chain (Swift Cut Steel DivideExplosive Thrust):  pretty standard with nothing particularly unique going on here.  Not even the Vulnerability of core greatsword, so the only thing it brings is the "explosion" modifier on the third hit, which uses, quite possibly, the strangest animation.  Doesn't help that Explosive Thrust pulls you out of the reasonably well-flowing animation attack chain to do it, and feels remarkably slow.
  • Blooming Fire:  not really much going on here, either, other than "moar dakka damage."  Half expected a Burn effect, given the name.
  • Artillery Slash:  this feels like a bit of an odd choice to use as anything but an opener or for kiting targets, considering its 900 range.  Other than that, it's sort of the same deal as before, only now we apply Crippled.
  • Cyclone Trigger:  running around solo, I was not able to get this skill to "fire shots at foes outside of melee range," so no idea if this skill is even doing much at all.
  • Break Step:  each time I used this skill, I felt like it was Rush all over again, as I ran past my target twice.  I think I did damage with it, maybe.  The base 5 seconds of Fury doesn't feel that great, though, considering the 40 second recharge on the skill -- there are other weapons, skills, and traits I could be using for this.

Pistol

So it's not actually a weapon, it's an attack chain, spread across two separate skills.  This feels ... well, in a word, forced.  Without realizing it, I'd ended up wasting my "recharge" skill, and after getting knocked down by a foe, I essentially wasted my damage skill, so I'm not entirely sure why the order isn't reversed.  Or why they're separate at all and don't use something else.  Though I guess I could just use Tactical Reload as the "Bladesworn warrior go brrrrrr" button.

• Gunstinger:  legitimately read this as "gunslinger" at first.  Apparently this is your "recharge" skill, so save it for Pistol Whip-ing ... err, gun-stinging your foes to regenerate ammo to skill 5.  Other than that?  Not sure why I'd press this button except to gain a very brief Aegis, which feels like a waste of the skill otherwise.
  • Dragon's Roar:  not even sure why this is an ammo skill (yes, yes, I know ... Tactical Reload and what I've been mentioning for a while, now) save to get the mechanical aspects to work more easily, considering that it always consumes all stocked ammo.  Given that you can recover 3 ammo in the same 15 seconds as Gunstinger, it also doesn't really make much sense for the latter to exist, but all the same. Definitely a nice attack if you can get it off, and the multiple targets are appreciated, however!  Also it's an "explosion," so ... there's that.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Quick tallies, from an SPvP perspective:

- This spec has undeniable potential, which is precisely why the SPvP side of numbers is so bad for it. Dragon Trigger hits like a wet noodle. I don't want it to hit for 100% on a heavy armor target, but it shouldn't be chunking at full capacity for a few thousand on a non-crit.

- Also, it can be interrupted. I would give stability to the 4 skill on top of Aegis. There are several sources of unblockable CCs, Dragon Trigger is unviable at this moment.

That said, I think there's great potential for a shout support spec with that elite skill, but playing with it feels like I'm missing a lot, it feels unfinished.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1