Bladesworn Bug Thread

Fire Attunement.9835

Currently, Dragonscale Defense is giving the bladesworn stability every time they enter Dragon Trigger in competitive environments. It's supposed to have a cooldown of 60 seconds in PvP, unless you enter Dragon Trigger while taking Daring Dragon

Players in PvP are abusing this by taking Unyielding Dragon instead of Daring, so every Dragon Trigger they enter grants stability as well as being unblindable, unblockable, and stunning on connect with a target. 

This is probably leading to distorted opinions about the state of balance for Bladesworn, and is causing it to overperform in PvP

EDIT: Upon Inspection the cooldown appears to be 8 seconds, matching PVE. Either the tooltip is incorrect and this is intended, or it is unsplit from PVE.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

3 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Currently, Dragonscale Defense is giving the bladesworn stability every time they enter Dragon Trigger in competitive environments. It's supposed to have a cooldown of 60 seconds in PvP, unless you enter Dragon Trigger while taking Daring Dragon

Players in PvP are abusing this by taking Unyielding Dragon instead of Daring, so every Dragon Trigger they enter grants stability as well as being unblindable, unblockable, and stunning on connect with a target. 

This is probably leading to distorted opinions about the state of balance for Bladesworn, and is causing it to overperform in PvP

If it's happening every time, then yeah, that's bugged. But if it's happening every 8s (which was my impression), it could be that the tooltip is incorrect and that ANet decided to give DT the same CD in all game modes.

1 stack of stab for 3s every 60s would be hilariously bad. Like, "please rework this useless trait and give us some actual value" level of bad. (Side eye for tempest and catalyst and their high stab spam).

22 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

If it's happening every time, then yeah, that's bugged. But if it's happening every 8s (which was my impression), it could be that the tooltip is incorrect and that ANet decided to give DT the same CD in all game modes.

1 stack of stab for 3s every 60s would be hilariously bad. Like, "please rework this useless trait and give us some actual value" level of bad. (Side eye for tempest and catalyst and their high stab spam).

It’s not the tooltip almost certainly. It was originally protection at a 40s CD. When they changed it to stability, the tooltip in competitive changed to 60s IIRC. I’m like 80% sure I’m correct, so I may be mistaken 😂

Edit: It was protection on a 25s CD.

Edited by oscuro.9720

6 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

It’s not the tooltip almost certainly. It was originally protection at a 40s CD. When they changed it to stability, the tooltip in competitive changed to 60s IIRC. I’m like 80% sure I’m correct, so I may be mistaken 😂

Edit: It was protection on a 25s CD.

I still hold out hope that the devs just realized how ludicrous those CDs are and decided to keep the PvE versions.

Seriously? 25s for protection? Ever see a guardian, engineer, ranger, or elementalist?

60s for 1 stack of stab?

That's clown territory right there. If you wanted to make sure that Bladesworn would be completely unplayable, that'd be the way to do it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

I still hold out hope that the devs just realized how ludicrous those CDs are and decided to keep the PvE versions.

Seriously? 25s for protection? Ever see a guardian, engineer, ranger, or elementalist?

60s for 1 stack of stab?

That's clown territory right there. If you wanted to make sure that Bladesworn would be completely unplayable, that'd be the way to do it. 

I agree but also stab on every DT is kinda broken atm. Should be like a 16s CD (every other one).

4 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

I agree but also stab on every DT is kinda broken atm. Should be like a 16s CD (every other one).

Yeah I agree with you. That's why I suggested in another thread that Dragonscale Defense should give resistance rather than stab. Put stab onto triggerguard instead.

Warrior needs resistance badly, and it would make Daring Dragon and immortal dragon more viable in competitive modes. 

@CalmTheStorm.2364 @oscuro.9720

I might be wrong, I am double checking. If I am incorrect I will remove the above post.

EDIT: I was incorrect. The cooldown is not being reset. It is every 8 seconds, matching PVE. CalmTheStorm is correct. Adjusting some of my other posts.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261