DirectX 11 Graphics Issues

so, after the Nov 9 update: with the Ryzen 9 5900x windows 11 machine (more details in my post a few posts back), going to the guild hall and interacting with any proprietor NPC or treasury NPC has a 50% or higher chance to crash the game to desktop WITHOUT an ANET crash report popup window. Happened to me at least a dozen times in no more than half an hour. I was simply trying to deposit materials for guild hall upgrades.

Please somebody at Anet cross check the colorings with DirectXBeta11. They are starting to look very off. Especially in certain maps where hues are abit extreme. Example Bitterfroast, Maguuma, starting to see very different previews from applied actual. Good to run through each of the colors rendering so gamers no have to send in so many 'bugs'. The discoloring issue seem to have a lot of inconsistencies going on. Preview versus actual are very off

• Like 2

I encounter horrible "micro stutter" when I enable DX11 and restart the game, all other settings being the same. Even on the lowest possible settings. Happens today, happened from the start of the beta. Please leave this as optional, because it makes the game not only worse, but nauseatingly unplayable.

Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1, Nvidia driver 496.49. AMD FX-8320, Nvidia GTX1660, 24GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM. 

GW2 runs great without DX11 enabled. 

• Like 1

Still occurring:
1 - Ice Reaver Cape is a flat black color, occasionally flickers in and out to normal but is 99% of the time pitch black
2 - When mounting occasionally certain dye channels and effects will turn red until restart,  Darkmist Prowler/Primeval Roller Beetle/Trailblazer are affected from the mounts I own, usually it's the effects (ie the flames in trailblazer/mist below primeval)

So... to me, it seems that texture issues have been fixed. However, effects are still bugged.

Yesterday, in WvW, the following visual bugs occured:

• Legendary footfalls: pixelated random pattern (after ~1.5 hours of gameplay)
  • Skill effects (domes, AoE fields): random distorted pattern (after ~1.5 hours of gameplay)
  • Floating cape: pixelated random pattern (after ~2 hours of gameplay)
  • Catapult impact location: random square weapon pattern (after ~2 hours of gameplay)

Hope this info helps solving the problem.

Edited by Ashantara.8731

Windows 11 Update November 22, 2021—KB5007262 (OS Build 22000.348) seems to have broken DX11 beta client, causing many crashes to desktop very quickly. with 5 attempts to login, 4 crashed to desktop before the login screen finished loading (generating crash reports which i sent to anet) and one that crashed within a few minutes when i entered my personal guildhall, just before interacting with the treasurer NPC.

then i switched to dx9. (adaptive lighting was bugged in DX9 mode, where some areas were dark, and never lightened, like the WvW vendor platform in Armistice Bastion, while the center crafting area started dark, and then lightened correctly)

additional software and info for DX11:

~Precision X1 w/ OSD on. (on screen display / overlay)

~using -dx11 command line tag on shortcut

On 10/6/2021 at 8:15 PM, Nanz.6418 said:

Dx11 has a stuttering issue in Thaumanova Reactor Fractal. Drops 10 fps randomly every 10s. The other Fractals have been fine though so far.

No issues here with Dx9.

Having the same issue since day 1 of the DirectX 11 beta. Thaumanova Reactor is the only place where this stutters happens, which is kinda funny considering DX11 removes stutters pretty much everywhere else in the game, but in this one fractal it increased the stutters to the point of being unplayable.

Edited by Bam.9604

I haven't seen anybody mention this yet, but with DX11 on, all groundcover (grasses, flowers, etc.) no longer moves when you, your mount, or a projectile passes through it. As soon as I go back to DX9, I can walk through the same grass and have it react to my character passing through it.

I've asked around and other people are also having this issue, but I have not seen it reported anywhere.

• Like 1

I turned on dx11 and noticed a few things, first though I want to say how clear and sharp everything looks compared to dx9 I even gained some fps idk how but it was better.  And I actually stopped the little stutter when running, so thats a plus. Now for the issues I have noticed. When moving the camera static objects like building structures walls trees ect get a wave like effect, almost like looking through water. This does not happen in the center view but when you move the camera the side views look like it. I also saw artifacting sp: Once in LA and once in elon riverlands at the skimmer ranch. thick black lines shot out from stationary objects, it only happened for a second and was gone. Another thing on some character faces like asura you see two lines above the eyes, and any pets minis minions that have a smoke like or vapor like texture become almost invisible. Like you can see the eyes but the body starts to disappear. It is esp apparent on the shadowfiend and the matching mini.

On 12/1/2021 at 9:40 PM, Bristingr.5034 said:

After updating the game today, Eye of the North gives me seizure-level graphics.

That is artifacting I believe I saw a much tame version of it. That can be from something in DX11 or it could be our graphics/cpu. next time we see this we need to check core temps and card temps also processing 

Edited by Artemis.8034

On 12/1/2021 at 9:40 PM, Bristingr.5034 said:

After updating the game today, Eye of the North gives me seizure-level graphics.

i call it a "light show." i get it on DX11 only, even on windows 11 pro. DX9 never gives me this. when i see it, it's usually because of a lot of glowy effects on characters, their mounts, or their pets. and the artifacts usually eminate from any character's eyes. another way of saying it: one of the triangle points from an artiufact usually seems to come from some character's eyes.

PS: for those wondering, it's not from any hardware overheating or temperatures, as they're the same with both DX9 and DX11.

Saw yesterday this strange thing:

Was in the mistlock sanctuary and zoomed to my asura to see his front side. But then alle the name plates of the players/npcs behind my char were displayed in front of my char, and not behind him where they belong.

Edited by Galmac.4680

On 9/23/2021 at 11:32 AM, MadLysol.7901 said:

I get some weird textures like this. So far it has only happened on the Lord Cadecauces Fight after I died and respawned. 

https://imgur.com/vPjR6jf

Other than that no problems so far.

RTX2060 Super (471.96 Drivers)

Coming to report the same issue.  When I died and respawned in the library, many textures were broken.  Changing the texture option in the menu would reset the textures and make them appear normally.  Death in that instance does weird things to textures.