DirectX 11 Graphics Issues

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2022 at 7:35 PM, Doni.3402 said:

The 3D Screenshots under DX11 (CTRL+Print) are not working (no save message and no file is saved).

After using CTRL+Print once, the normal screenshots stop working too.

Under DX9 3D screenshots work without problem and using them doesn't break the normal screenshot function.

The problem was fixed but reintroduced with one of the latest updates 😞

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to be missing the bars when I draw the Minstel and around my character's arm. I just get the purple background glow for some reason. Is it supposed to be like this?

My character https://imgur.com/a/99LlkMv

The wiki's picture of the effect https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Minstrel#/media/File:Minstrel_aura_effect.jpg

I found the problem. The effects do not show up while running in DirectX11 mode, which is unfortunate. I switched to DX9 and the effects worked. I hope this will be fixed soon.

Art from the core cinematics are sometimes missing. I've noticed this on charr intro, Battle for Fort Trinity cinematic, and Honor of the Waves story cinematic. There are likely others, and had a friend confirm it was missing in the charr intro for her.

Example of missing:

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/572595585174077469/1042177062112342127/image.png

And how it should be:

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/572595585174077469/1042179664736694322/gw017.jpg

On 11/16/2022 at 1:25 PM, Nyghtslave.6152 said:

Since yesterday DX11 is giving issues with streams of water; sometimes it's outlined in white, sometimes red, and sometimes it's just downright morbid. Husband has the exact same issue, both only when DX11 is enabled.

DX9

DX11

Same for me...the easiest place to reproduce it is in Bloodstone Fen.  (Nvidia 1050ti, 520.56.06)

https://imgur.com/a/M3b6oNb

Edited by garpu.6210
  • Like 2

Some weird color issues with the latest Nvidia drivers (before these as well).
First I had some green outlines at places and now with the latest I have red water in some places.
It's playable but sometimes a bit weird. Maybe I'll try some older driver versions (or maybe someone knows which one works best).
Same as the people above, it's like it's flowing blood.

Edited by Protoavis.4702

6 hours ago, Protoavis.4702 said:

Some weird color issues with the latest Nvidia drivers (before these as well).
First I had some green outlines at places and now with the latest I have red water in some places.
It's playable but sometimes a bit weird. Maybe I'll try some older driver versions (or maybe someone knows which one works best).
Same as the people above, it's like it's flowing blood.

For DXVK, I need the 520 series of drivers (latest versions for me).  Once they update, I'll try it again.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/27/2021 at 8:10 AM, ekkue.3754 said:

This may be another Windows 7 problem, after the purple boxes were fixed

Since the patch yesterday, with dx11 enabled, most text has lost its dark outline/drop shadow, this makes it very hard to read against certain colours

All nameplates including interactable objects

The event/content guide in the top right corner

All text in the hero panel ( less noticeable as the hero panel is mostly dark)

In-game clock

Looted items that pop up on the right side of the screen are NOT effected and the text still has its shadow

Chat also still has a shadow

Text is normal with dx11 disabled

Do you still have this problem?  Because I'm still seeing this and they are removing DX9 in Apr

I dread when DX9 is gone. I have been playing for years and I never crash but I have been using DX9. Yesterday I went ahead and changed to DX11 have had 4 hard crashes where screen freezes and I have to exit to desktop and stop game, then until I restart my pc game will launch but when I hit play nothing until I restart pc then things work fine. So, this morning I went back to DX 9 and not 1 crash. My computer is a little over a year old it has AMD Ryzen 5 5600x and 3060Ti, so it is in no way because of my computer. They really should not do away with DX9 till more of the issues with DX11 are gone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

The PvP bades display bug now seems fixed - with the crash fixing they did for the client crash on windows 7. (That probably was related to them changing something when trying to fix those badges.) Now all major stuff seems to work fine for me on DX11.

I mainly pay attention to the UI. Can't give feedback on other stuff where some people mentioned things I probably have not noticed because I do not pay attention to it. So either these problems do not exist for me. Or I did not notice. Just happy the UI works fine now.

Edited by Luthan.5236