DirectX 11 Graphics Issues

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2022 at 5:54 PM, Andy.5981 said:

I was about to report this as a bug when I saw this post.

As you've mentioned the Revenant Elite Skill, Rite of the Great Dwarf isn't being rendered properly when DX11 is used. 

It still appears correctly when activated and and DX9 is selected.

Looking closely at the effect under DX9 it appears that there are two "skins" applied to the character when it is activated? One appears to be a pale white or yellowish glow and the second is a stone effect. Under DX11 it looks like the stone effect is absent or not being rendered properly and as a result we are seeing the pale white/yellowish "skin" on its own.

Still happening. Can you fix this for all Revenants who use this Elite.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2023 at 1:17 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hi all, I want to let you know that the team is keeping an eye on this thread so they can respond to DX11-related bugs. Screenshots are extremely helpful for visual bugs so please please continue to include those as much as possible. 

Gamma adjustment may help some of you who are experiencing brightness issues. With DX11, gamma adjustment is available in windowed mode. If the game suddenly becomes too bright or too dark, it's worth checking your gamma setting. This is not a guaranteed fix for everyone--I know some of you have already tried this--but if you haven't yet, give it a try. 

Thank you for flagging these issues and sharing your feedback, and keep it coming!

It is not too bright, it is over-saturated with color. And now that the DX9 option has been removed I am stuck with a very bad looking game. No matter what adjustments I make with the in game display setting or my graphics cards settings, I still cannot get it to look as good as it did with DX9, This is with an Nvidia RTX 3070 using Windows 10 64bit.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Can you please make it so that DX11 remembers what screen the game should load on?

The game always goes to the wrong screen in 11 even if I closed it on the right one. There is no option to force it to load on a certain screen.

This is the main reason I kept using 9 as long as possible.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gerwalk.1320 said:

It is not too bright, it is over-saturated with color. And now that the DX9 option has been removed I am stuck with a very bad looking game. No matter what adjustments I make with the in game display setting or my graphics cards settings, I still cannot get it to look as good as it did with DX9, This is with an Nvidia RTX 3070 using Windows 10 64bit.

My game looks horrible now as well.  Severely over-saturated with color.  PLEASE let us keep DX9 as an option if we want!  Nothing I change in graphics makes it look better.  Card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB.  I don't have this problem in any other game.  MY EYES, MY EYES!!  It's blindingly ugly.

EDIT:  Fixed with voodoo's suggestion below.  Thank you!!!

Edited by Witch of Doom.5739
Adding additional info
  • Like 5

Over saturation here on a NVIDIA 1050 with DX12. Gamma settings only change the brightness. Post processing is off. I had no visual problem with DX9 so, now the DX11 setting is mandatory in GW2, is, for me now, unplayable.

Edited by Stellaire.7096
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Stellaire.7096 said:

Over saturation here on a NVIDIA 1050 with DX12. Gamma settings only change the brightness. Post processing is off. I had no visual problem with DX9 so, now the DX11 setting is mandatory in GW2, is, for me now, unplayable.

add a shortcut to gw2.exe right clic on the shortcut then proprities on target add -DX9 (...../...../Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe" -dx9) then start the game from that shortcut

worked for guild m8s who have that issue.

Edited by voodoo.7412
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 6

33 minutes ago, voodoo.7412 said:

add a shortcut to gw2.exe right clic on the shortcut then proprities on target add -DX9 (...../...../Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe" -dx9) then start the game from that shortcut

Thank you so much!!  This works for me.  Guess I won't be going blind today.

• Like 2

I have very bad vision so I know it will sound weird for most people but for some reason there was always difference with playing in fullscreen or windowed fullscreen, pretty much all text looked not sharp and not bright enough (mostly visible on player names and object names)  in windowed fullscreen so I played in fullscreen and it looked better. Similar was with dx11, ALL text was blurry, I even have screens from some time ago and when for example there was many players in one place, all names were blurred together and too saturated, unfortunately now I am stuck with that option. Not only text is not sharp now but also blurry....for person with bad eyes it just sucks. 

In geenral I wish there are some changes to fonts, with chat font aswell, tp font, number of items in stack is often hardly visible because of icon background.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

I have very bad vision so I know it will sound weird for most people but for some reason there was always difference with playing in fullscreen or windowed fullscreen, pretty much all text looked not sharp and not bright enough (mostly visible on player names and object names)  in windowed fullscreen so I played in fullscreen and it looked better. Similar was with dx11, ALL text was blurry, I even have screens from some time ago and when for example there was many players in one place, all names were blurred together and too saturated

Have you tried disabling "DPI Scaling" in the in-game options, under "Graphics Options -> Display"?

4 hours ago, DebraKadabra.5278 said:

I'm also experiencing the over saturation. Changing the Gamma setting did absolutely nothing.

Disabling Post-Processing under "Graphics Options -> Advanced Settings" should resolve this issue. Have you tried that?

My game looks 100% fine under DX11. The only issue I have is that some effects don't render properly or at all.

5 hours ago, Anri.6734 said:

Can you please make it so that DX11 remembers what screen the game should load on?

The game always goes to the wrong screen in 11 even if I closed it on the right one. There is no option to force it to load on a certain screen.

Have you tried to go into non-fullscreen windowed mode and simply drag it to the other screen, close the game, then see if it launches on the correct screen the next time?

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 2

51 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Have you tried disabling "DPI Scaling" in the in-game options, under "Graphics Options -> Display"?

I believe I did before (not today) but I believe it shouldnt matter if I use same resolution in the system as in the game right? Anyway, will try that tomorrow, thank you 🙂

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, voodoo.7412 said:

The solution that voodoo suggested, however, worked a treat. Thanks for the info!

• Like 2

On 3/22/2023 at 3:02 AM, thoriangun.5692 said:

I have made a thread but to those that keep an eye on this, no matter what settings are used turned off or on, this is my DX11 experience

I do not get this in DX9 so kinda forced to run it, installed all possible updates, running a Nvidia 3070ti.

i've got same bug on DX11,  i don't get it on DX9, and now forced to run DX11 .. I can't play with this bug, sad ...

Running a Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M

On 3/21/2023 at 9:02 PM, thoriangun.5692 said:

I have made a thread but to those that keep an eye on this, no matter what settings are used turned off or on, this is my DX11 experience

[GW2 Artifacting video]

I do not get this in DX9 so kinda forced to run it, installed all possible updates, running a Nvidia 3070ti.

I'm on Windows 10 Professional 22H2 64-bit, using an RTX 2070 Super. While I am not getting artifacts like that, I am getting weird light variations that appear similar to your artifacting, more so with post-processing activated, while walking in certain areas. The cause might be the same (?).

Also, certain AoE effects not rendering properly is still a frequent issue in endgame content.

I have no idea why the DX11 migration was declared ready to be made the main renderer.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 1

On 3/21/2023 at 9:02 PM, thoriangun.5692 said:

This is the same issue i get but under win 7, for an unknow reason the game do not work in full screen mode even if you chose this option, is forced into borderless mode, so tearing appear like the game do no use vsynch. Switching to "-dx9" in command line solve this issue.

Edited by Miporin.3529
  • Thanks 1