Vindicator Feedback Thread

BadSanta.6527

first the legends choich - i dont get it , why we get legendes of the same story while there is so much to tell, with shiro as legend we already cover that story , what about norns , asura , forfire etc it is missed opputornety for new players to learn more about the game lore.

second utility skiliis - awfull accept of the giant spear most of them so much uninspairing the second elite skill is compltely joke.

third- is it dmg ? is it support ? i dont get it , its like tempest , i dont think it will have place in the end game .

honstley if not gs the fourm was riot right now and that the truth people need to be real , imagine the same elite spec but with septer or axe as elite wepon ? people will hate this elite 

really really hope to eat my hat in this beta but im sceptic

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 22

This spec look more for pvp/wvw and its got lots of mash up in it like renagate with his F skills. So u have leap on evode with look like make u disapire and teleport some distance falling from sky with if it make u invincible in that time thats op with some runa/food that make endurenc regeneration they say samething on stream about limit endurenc reg as maybe this spec cant gain endurenc from other source then its skills with will be bad. 

Lets put scenario where u fight thife with perm stealth and use elite spear skill with air/fire sigils and that spirit keep throwing its spear on target even in hide so skill have range of 2000 + high dmg+added sigils +traits+stats = thife dead in single skill. But that just my calculation we see in wash on 21 😛 any way all classes are beta so there is space for 10 buffs/nerfs in future its not final product

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, BadSanta.6527 said:

first the legends choich - i dont get it , why we get legendes of the same story while there is so much to tell, with shiro as legend we already cover that story , what about norns , asura , forfire etc it is missed opputornety for new players to learn more about the game lore.

I do agree. While what they do with archemorus/saint viktor is interesting and there is a strong lore aspect behind, it feel unsatifying that they choose this.

45 minutes ago, BadSanta.6527 said:

second utility skiliis - awfull accept of the giant spear most of them so much uninspairing the second elite skill is compltely joke.

I don't agree, the utilities skills have a lot of work behind and are far from being "joke", they have a wide range of ability which is great. However, I feel like there is just to much work behind, an e-spec isn't supposed to pigeonhole you into a specific set of utility skill like this e-spec seem to do.

49 minutes ago, BadSanta.6527 said:

third- is it dmg ? is it support ? i dont get it , its like tempest , i dont think it will have place in the end game .

That's the point, a spec isn't supposed to be pigeonholed into a role. Focusing on a role is something the player do via a build (gear, trait/skill choice) and this spec seem to offer a lot of builds opportunity. Also, the devs don't really care about "having a place into the end game" the same way that you do. What you hope for is a meta spot, what the dev want is a playable spec in end game content. Vindicator is definitely playable in end game content, wether it's meta worthy or not will have to wait for players to actually play it.

59 minutes ago, BadSanta.6527 said:

people will hate this elite

I don't think so, It sure is tasteless due to the overwhelming focus on the dual legend and the legend itself but the spec looked fun to play. it seem to require a lot of player skill to master (especially since we don't know what the traits do at the moment) but look like you can push it pretty far in both support and dps role through clever use of the F2. The only thing that can possibly hurt the spec is the dodge.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

This is ridiculous. I understand the complaint about lore aspect, but every other point you made is just ???.

You have an insanely powerful dodge that does a lot of damage and your utility skills provide vigor and endurance. You also have traits that increase the effectiveness of vigor. Have you seen how powerful mirage is in openworld? Vindicator is that but x10. You are going to kill champions and legendaries with relative ease.

Its really funny and sad at the same time to see reaction from Revenant, Warrior and Elementalist forum when you are a mesmer main and got Virtuoso. Its like being from a poor country that doesn't have water and watching rich kids complaining about how they only got Iphone 8 instead of 9.

• Like 11
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 6

2 minutes ago, Nezekan.2671 said:

This is ridiculous. I understand the complaint about lore aspect, but every other point you made is just ???.

You have an insanely powerful dodge that does a lot of damage and your utility skills provide vigor and endurance. You also have traits that increase the effectiveness of vigor. Have you seen how powerful mirage is in openworld? Vindicator is that but x10. You are going to kill champions and legendaries with relative ease.

Its really funny and sad at the same time to see reaction from Revenant, Warrior and Elementalist forum when you are a mesmer main and got Virtuoso. Its like being from a poor country that doesn't have water and watching rich kids complaining about how they only got Iphone 8 instead of 9.

You can roll your face on any class you can do open world and all that kitten. He was talking about Raids or Fractals my dude. That is endgame content not 1111111 in open world events.We don't care about open world content.

Edited by SidewayS.3789
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 7

4 minutes ago, SidewayS.3789 said:

You can roll your face on any class you can do open world and all that kitten. He was talking about Raids or Fractals my dude. That is endgame content not 1111111 in open world events.

Except the same applies in those as well. Raids are hard to say, as we will need numbers. But Vindicator will be good in fractals. I bet my 9 years of experience in the game over that. Boons, barriers, aoe damage, long evade frames, synergy with hitting allies/enemies with the dodge. This is staff mirage on steriods. Get 2 greatsword. Get the sigil that gives you 50% endurance on weapon swap and the sigil that fills your endurance on kill. Get them on both GS. Enjoy spending 75% of fight in fractals in evade frame while doing damage, providing boons and barrier, cleansing conditions.

Edited by Nezekan.2671
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Nezekan.2671 said:

Except the same applies in those as well. Raids are hard to say, as we will need numbers. But Vindicator will be good in fractals. I bet my 9 years of experience in the game over that. Boons, barriers, aoe damage, long evade frames, synergy with hitting allies/enemies with the dodge. This is staff mirage on steriods. Get 2 greatsword. Get the sigil that gives you 50% endurance on weapon swap and the sigil that fills your endurance on kill. Get them on both GS. Enjoy spending 75% of fight in fractals in evade frame while doing damage, providing boons and barrier, cleansing conditions and dealing damage at the same time.

To be honest, i wish this will to be. Well we will see next beta.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nezekan.2671 said:

Lol im not virtuoso main , ps i dont even play mesmer becuse it dose not click to me

• Confused 7

37 minutes ago, SidewayS.3789 said:

Those who are saying "dw, this spec will have a spot in endgame" are peoples who are doing open world and not endgame content.

Things will eventually be balanced for endgame. I doubt they'll abandon this new spec. 

I agree that, at this point at least, this spec is very cool but has no place in endgame pve. DPS is limited to power (and unless power builds don't get buffed, I don't see how this will compete with Firebrand and Ele), it doesn't have a unique support, or  barrier,  or alacrity (and not even reliable boon support aside from vigor and aoe breakstun).

Urn of Saint Viktor sucks. Period. Consumes energy and damages way too much, you can't keep that up for more than 5 seconds. I can already see people doubletapping that skill or get interrupted into the upkeep before the second tap so the rev self-kills (in pvp/wvw). The upkeep cost is detrimental enough. Just remove the second tap and the HP cost and make it a normal upkeep with real value. 

Also F2 is pretty much useless when not on Legendary Alliance. It should give you something based on the other legends too. Like Alacrity/Heal on Vintari, Stability on Jalis and so on. 

Edited by Kidel.2057
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Or maybe people that understand the endgame is not only doing raids and fractals ;) Vindicator looks amazing for pvp

I agree with this. But F2 on core legends and Urn definitely need some work. 

Imagine using Urn and getting interrupted by another player before the second tap. You basically kill yourself because you're stuck in upkeep + self damage.  

3 hours ago, BadSanta.6527 said:

Get lost man

3 hours ago, BadSanta.6527 said:

Rude

Hahahaha.

2 hours ago, Kidel.2057 said:

I agree with this. But F2 on core legends and Urn definitely need some work. 

For me the main issue are traits being underpowered with no damage multipliers and excessive focus on endurance recovery. F2 can be cool by just adding extra effects depending of the legend swapped, to me this seems like the way they are going to take 100%.

As for the Urn, is the only skill I really don't like. I get the Viktor side is supposed to be a supportive legend but I really doubt it will ever be worth using, no matter how much they polish it. Cool VFX tho.

Apart from that the spec is amazing.

Edited by Telgum.6071
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

39 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

For me the main issue are traits being underpowered with no damage multipliers and excessive focus on endurance recovery. F2 can be cool by just adding extra effects depending of the legend swapped, to me this seems like the way they are going to take 100%.

As for the Urn, is the only skill I really don't like. I get the Viktor side is supposed to be a supportive legend but I really doubt it will ever be worth using, no matter how much they polish it. Cool VFX tho.

Agree 100%.

I'll also need to get a look into this, but I think endurance recovery is capped, so too many traits may even be useless (or totally busted, we'll know in a couple of days)

Edited by Kidel.2057
  • Like 2

Renegade already covers the endgame content needs tbh, we don't need another spec that provides that much (party lifesteal heals, alacrity, and high condi dps). What we need is a power spec with nice aoe and flexability and it seems we got it. 

I like the legend(s) because im a gw1 vet so no qualms there. I started to worry for a second about the duality and not focusing on offense/defense but then I remebered that's how every rev spec is and needs to be. I keep forgetting that for rev, the elite spec and their respective legendas are usually needed as the center piece to a build and kinda need all the tools to fit any of the other core legends and cover a lot of ground due to the lack of utility skill swap. I also dig these two legends because they kinda fit that ritualist theme just a tiny bit even though  they themeselves aren't. Using the urn and spear in gw1 was very ritualistic so I like that.

Also, with number changing anything is possible, and we all know thye love to overtune the newest specs at some point so maybe they will make it more viable for endgame. But right now, we do need something that is more suitable and mobile for competitive modes and open world/story mode so I think this will do.

My only complaint that has nothing to due with the actual gameplay itself is the color of the greatsword skill icons. Why are they only blue? firstly, that makes it seem like it only relates to st. viktor. secondly, they just don't look like rev skills that way. The weapon skills should look a lot closer to core rev weapon skills in terms of pallete choice, and with archemorus you would think more red would be in there but oh well lol. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Pretty much this. Traits are lacking offensive, power options.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

From what I’ve seen, I think it can potentially do well in PvP and WvW, the latter especially. I main rev, and while I am excited for something new like this, we already have Alacren for raids- I was in a training group for Dhuum last night and in less than an hour, we got to 30% with multiple newbies helped by alacrity (I’ll be the first to admit- the real shining one in that group was not the alacren but the kiter and tank, but still)

we have good options for raids (condi, Alacren, even Ventari as an off-healer), this is seemingly an option for other game modes, and that is a good thing 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Legendary Alliance Stance... more like Legendary Failure Stance....
I mean, what did those two actually do? Kill steal from the assasin, still not preventing Shiro from kitten up Cantha and even be the first two victims.

Sorry, that is NOT worthy of a legend.

And even if, I miss an overall theme in this class.

Nothing feels "aliancy", not the utilites, which feel like rndm skills tuned to two versions, neither does the GS.

Everything feels cobbled together.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 5

It looks fun, slightly underwhelming though, my main concern is that the Vindicator was seemed to be designed in a vacuum and thrown together concept first then how it will work second. The fact that using an ability flips the skills over with no choice in the matter is jarring, even with the F2. It makes it unreliable in a way as you can't decide to just F2 all the time or for only certain abilities. It's likely going to make it feel clunky to play as there will likely be many times where you will just have to deal with using the suboptimal skill because you can't afford to flip 3 other skills on to a suboptimal side. It's neat, but compared to the things I can do with Herald and Renegade, it just feels like icing on a cardboard cake. Just pretty mostly. I feel like that has been mostly the theme of EoD though of all the professions shown so far, all flair but shaky foundations under it.

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, ScottBroChill.3254 said:

My only complaint that has nothing to due with the actual gameplay itself is the color of the greatsword skill icons. Why are they only blue? firstly, that makes it seem like it only relates to st. viktor. secondly, they just don't look like rev skills that way. The weapon skills should look a lot closer to core rev weapon skills in terms of pallete choice, and with archemorus you would think more red would be in there but oh well lol. 

I feel the same way about icons, hopefully they're just unfinished and they recolour them to get in line with the rest of our icons. I get they want to lean into the red for Luxons  and blue for Kurzicks but those utility icons just don't look like they belong to Revenant but instead like they're something they made for Warrior and Guardian but didn't get to use them.

• Like 3