Why the need of energy?

keykey.9182

Just why? It even goes to 0% once you recall the Jade Sphere.... along with a long CD

Also what is the point of the whole spec.........   

Tempest: You overload your attunement causing X effect , cool.

Weaver: Versatile , hard to master , makes you complain all day and yet you will still love it. And from a fantasy perspective it just looks brutal you're elegant swordman that uses elements.

Catalyst: You turn on the sphere light and then you spin around it with your pretty lights and a slow-motion hammer? But then lights go out and you're useless for 14 seconds?

It  feels.... empty bad-designed and so unfun to play. This is not what I wanted/expected at all. I will stick to Weaver and I will give Virtuoso a go once EoD is out.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, keykey.9182 said:

Catalyst: You turn on the sphere light and then you spin around it with your pretty lights and a slow-motion hammer? But then lights go out and you're useless for 14 seconds?

Not to criticize, but this needed a response. I predominately play classes that use hammer as one of their core weapons, and let me say from experience that if you think the ele's hammer is slow-motion you'd have a nervous breakdown with any of the other ones. Seriously next to revenant or guardian I felt like I was playing the game on fast-forward. 

Edited by Arkham Creed.7358
  • Like 1

The whole class mechanic is pretty bad TBH - it's clunky to use and overall very weak in impact -- it's just a plain old stationary combo field.

Get rid of energy - just have a set duration, make each element's field have its own CD, and make creating a new field remove the old field (ie one field at a time).

The core suckiness issue here is that it's stationary and hammer is based on combo fields but has not combo field in its kit.

Even if buffed  in this way, it's still a really meh profession mechanic, super disappointing.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, scerevisiae.1972 said:

The whole class mechanic is pretty bad TBH - it's clunky to use and overall very weak in impact -- it's just a plain old stationary combo field.

Get rid of energy - just have a set duration, make each element's field have its own CD, and make creating a new field remove the old field (ie one field at a time).

The core suckiness issue here is that it's stationary and hammer is based on combo fields but has not combo field in its kit.

Even if buffed  in this way, it's still a really meh profession mechanic, super disappointing.

A combo field of 15 sec however it takes like 30 seconds of continuous fighting to build enough energy to it and you have to stay in it or near it for a few traits/utilities and only 1 weapon skill has a combo finisher? huh?! It needs more effects....once the jade sphere ends EFFECT, if you end it early EFFECT and more combo finishers.

• Like 1