Jump to content
  • Sign Up

DX11 Crash Issue


Recommended Posts

I can't launch the game as well. It downloaded the update but never got to the login. It just pops up and closes immediately. Is this the same for you? I also killed my install folder and I wanted to try to install GW2 new, but I am having the exact same issue with the installer. I just see the 0kb download window and then it terminates the process without any errors or notifications.

 

-repair or -windowed option did nothing for me. process just gets terminated. I had the latest nvidia driver installed as well, but rolled back to also eliminate this cause

Edited by NapOnTour.1957
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep, i had same problem. No add-ons installed or anything. Launcher opens, stays at 0MB/sec and closes immediately. Tried all the command line prompts and nothing worked. Ended up uninstalling and deleting whole game. Re-installing now to see if this fixes it for some reason. I also have my game installed on a SSD and not the regular c/drive. Dont know if that matters but figured I would add that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is most likely not your system but your account, if you made sure the client is left completely vanilla without addons and all that. My main account crashes, but secondary ones don't. If you want to check, create a new F2P account. If that runs with Dx11, you know it is the account.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Fenda.1398 said:

It is most likely not your system but your account, if you made sure the client is left completely vanilla without addons and all that. My main account crashes, but secondary ones don't. If you want to check, create a new F2P account. If that runs with Dx11, you know it is the account.

 I am not even getting to any login, so it's hard to believe that it's the account. The installer isn't even working anymore for me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, NapOnTour.1957 said:

I can't launch the game as well. It downloaded the update but never got to the login. It just pops up and closes immediately. Is this the same for you? I also killed my install folder and I wanted to try to install GW2 new, but I am having the exact same issue with the installer. I just see the 0kb download window and then it terminates the process without any errors or notifications.

 

-repair or -windowed option did nothing for me. process just gets terminated. I had the latest nvidia driver installed as well, but rolled back to also eliminate this cause

 

Same issue, 
Now Uninstalled the game and when I tried to Re-Install the launcher just opens downloads a bit then closes. 
However the second time I Opened the Launcher no downloading just opens stays open for a couple of seconds then closes. 

Frustrating as all hell !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NapOnTour.1957 said:

 I am not even getting to any login, so it's hard to believe that it's the account. The installer isn't even working anymore for me

Ah, so you don't even get to the character select screen - yeah that is not the account. I was assuming this is about the crash after logging in, my bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ArenaNet Staff

We have found the source of this crash issue. This crash will affect you if you have the DX11 beta enabled, have more than 30 character slots, and are in windowed fullscreen. We are working on a fix, but in the meantime you can avoid the issue by adding -dx9 as a command-line argument following the instructions here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

We're sorry this is affecting some of you and we're working to get it fixed as soon as possible! 

Update: If you do not meet the circumstances I outlined above and you are still crashing while the DX11 beta is enabled, please disable any UI overlays from third party programs, including things like Discord. As always, please be aware that the game may not launch or work properly after we release a new build if you use a third-party program (independent of the DX11 beta), due to possible incompatibilities.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In this case, you have more tubble than that.

i dont have 30 characters, i dont have dx11 active and 2 times, the game crash at WvW fights (both times at the same posistion, green keep at ebg).

about 50% of the TS (25Persons) crash too, without dx11 and more than 30 charakters.

Edited by Senseinova.3541
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Hinagiku.2156 said:

I have neither 30 character slots nor the DX11 enabled and yet the game crashed twice in the past hour at the worst moments.

This is not the crash this thread seems to be about. It seems to be about the crash that happens when you boot up the game. If you have other crashes you might want to try updating your drivers, I've heard that seemed to fix it for some people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

70 Character slots here. Can confirm I was using windowed mode (not windowed fullscreen, just windowed) and enabling dx11 caused bgfx::isValid(m_handle) crash.  

  

Swapping the game into full on fullscreen and enabling dx11 again solved the issue, so while playing fullscreen is not ideal, it did stop this crash for me.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Less than 30 characters here, I am running dx11 and windowed fullscreen. Game keeps crashing, sometimes with error dialog and reporting some crash in bgfx (that I click "send to Anet" on) but now I just had a crash where game window freezes... I was doing a Story in Jahai Bluffs episode ("Legacy"). Don't worry about lost progress, I'm expecting crashes tonight when on dx11 beta, just wanting to let you know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...