DX11 Crash Issue

Less than 30 toons, Game freezes for me in caldron forest, so cant access my necro unless I turn dx11 off.

Also while it only happened once the game crashed my whole computer when I loaded into the black citadel a few minutes ago so much that the amd software asked me to do a bug report. I have the zip of that AMD report if you want it.

so.... -maploadinfo tag will also crash the game at character select.

feedback: i've been able to play with the -dx11 tag, and it does feel smoother (less stuttering and less hitching), but the fps is still 15-30% lower than using dx912pxy. (2560x1600 ultra settings)

my cpu has 12 threads, and it feels like GW2 thinks i have a quad core, and won't use the extra available threads like dx912pxy does.

EDIT: i'm not sure if GW2 is actually using DX11 or not... since i use the -dx11 tag on shortcut, i can't check the box, too. it causes the game to crash on character select screen.

EDIT 2: okay, tried it this way: dx11 beta checkmarked, NO command line tag in the shorcut, DPI scaling OFF. and it works, so it looks like the -dx11 tag actually IS dx11... but i'm still running 30fps in the Divinity's reach VIP area upstairs, where i used to see 42-45 fps on dx912pxy

EDIT 3: okay, i can't use the checkbox for dx11... i have to use the -dx11 tagline in my shortcut

Edited by Forgotten Legend.9281

4 minutes ago, Forgotten Legend.9281 said:

so.... -maploadinfo tag will also crash the game at character select.

feedback: i've been able to play with the -dx11 tag, and it does feel smoother (less stuttering and less hitching), but the fps is still 15-30% lower than using dx912pxy. (2560x1600 ultra settings)

my cpu has 12 threads, and it feels like GW2 thinks i have a quad core, and won't use the extra available threads like dx912pxy does.

Quite the opposite for me, my CPU usage was barely 20% with d912pxy, it goes all the way up to 50% and its actually using all 12 threads albeit not fully with DX11.
Regardless the performance is better at places and worse at some.

One of the crash logs (the one named Arenanet in \User\AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2) I have with DX11 has the line

6Z Couldn't find projectile effect for skill 'BcXVe.fT0yG'

and 16:07:00Z More than one view in the "ui_LoadingInfo" addon have the id ""; ids must be unique.

Spoiler

21:04:06Z More than one view in the "ui_LoadingInfo" addon have the id ""; ids must be unique.
21:04:13Z NULL REWARD TRACK: E146CE2A-DE68-E111-809D-78E7D1936EF0
21:04:14Z Content is referencing a propID that doesn't exist propId='2399379652077492507'
21:04:16Z Texture '0x03539b' dimensions too small
21:04:16Z Loading '0x03539b' texture failed
21:04:16Z Texture missing mip chain: 0x1f1a63
21:05:08Z Texture missing mip chain: 0x19d407
21:05:08Z Texture missing mip chain: 0x19d40d
Crashed at 21:05:11Z

Similarly some more projectile effects are "missing"

Spoiler

Couldn't find projectile effect for skill 'soUQE.mxnTo'
Texture missing mip chain: 0x19d40b
Texture missing mip chain: 0x19d40c
Couldn't find projectile effect for skill 'BcXVe.fT0yG'
Couldn't find projectile effect for skill 'BcXVe.fT0yG'

and perhaps a reference that is not possible

*--> Crash <--*
Assertion: vertexCount == dynasetIb.vertexCountUsed
File: D:\Perforce\Live\NAEU\v2\Code\Arena\Engine\Gr\Bgfx\BgfxBuffer.cpp(1443)

The system does not have a D:\

Edited by Infusion.7149

20 hours ago, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

Thanks everyone for continuing to update this thread! I heard back from someone on the team who is investigating various crashes and have added this information to the original post:

Update: If you do not meet the circumstances I outlined above and you are still crashing while the DX11 beta is enabled, please disable any UI overlays from third party programs, including things like Discord. As always, please be aware that the game may not launch or work properly after we release a new build if you use a third-party program (independent of the DX11 beta), due to possible incompatibilities.

None of these answers solved the problem, even with -dx9 attribute, I have less than 30 characters and havent any overlay like Discord or Taco. 

I hope fix this problem is in the top priority right now since a lot of us cant even start the game.

Regards.

Still hard freezing/crashing as of today's new build with DX11 enabled. I can't even send a report to Anet when this happens, as it doesn't generate the pop up box. Sometimes the game lasts a couple hours without freezing, but most of the time it's around 15 mins. When it does work, it's very smooth. We also had entire squad crashes in WvW last night and most of them didn't have DX11 enabled, not sure if related.

On 9/21/2021 at 12:09 PM, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

We have found the source of this crash issue. This crash will affect you if you have the DX11 beta enabled, have more than 30 character slots, and are in windowed fullscreen. We are working on a fix, but in the meantime you can avoid the issue by adding -dx9 as a command-line argument following the instructions here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

We're sorry this is affecting some of you and we're working to get it fixed as soon as possible! 

Update: If you do not meet the circumstances I outlined above and you are still crashing while the DX11 beta is enabled, please disable any UI overlays from third party programs, including things like Discord. As always, please be aware that the game may not launch or work properly after we release a new build if you use a third-party program (independent of the DX11 beta), due to possible incompatibilities.

STILL CAN'T REINSTALL GAME AFTER ALL THE """""Fixes"""". Tried reinstalling without a firewall and virus software on. Anet officially broke the dang game.... Nothing on my computer has changed since late monday but now its broken.

Great job. Now onward to different games since pvp is still crap (Since season 5/6), alliance lux kurz battles are not reborn in the new expansion and so forth.

I guess this is how you force players to not play even tho some like me have been around since Guild wars 1.

Edit: Please just roll back whatever half butt made patch was released Tuesday and start over.

Edited by Ziggityzog.7389

Less than 30 characters w/no addons only crashing  during combat dx9 and dx11.  two rigs one a desktop amd 8core with gtx 1070 current drivers does not crash at all.  Laptop msi 6core with gtx 2080 consistently crashes in combat.(uninstall and reinstall for fun)  free roam does not seem to be a problem unless I engage in combat...

i never even enabled the dx11 beta on my system but still crash and had to remove any and all add-ons i had. I thought it only crashed with it enabled but thats not the case, and I'm not one of those with alot of  toon slots, i have like6 or so not counting the beta slots

Edited by F Bombs.5071