I just deleted my revenant [Beta Feedback] [Opinion]

Arkham Creed.7358

8 hours ago, La belladone.6579 said:

Devastation w / shiro

Retri w/ dwarf

salv w/ centaur

corruption w/ mallyx

You fundamentally misunderstand. Setting side the insult about my IQ, what I mean is there is no synergy between one legend and another. For example...what good is salvation to Shiro? And if I slot both dwarf and mallyx, they don't play off each other; they each do their own thing when toggled on, and otherwise ignore one another. On the other hand, with a ranger as an example, I can stack traps and the survival elite skill Entangle for some serious area control. I can pair Sharpening Stone to effectively play a condition build with ANY weapon. I can mix my Nature Spirits and my Commands to go total support. I can create a lot of dynamic synergies between skills, traits, and weapons that simply aren't possible with Revenant. The trait Hidden Barbs improves bleed damage, and there are several sources of bleed across multiple weapons and skill types. While on the Rev side of things Abyssal Chill literally only effect two utility skills, and they are both on Mallyx. 

THAT is what I meant. Across every other class in the game there are weapons, skills, and traits that can have wide reaching impact across several seemingly unrelated trait/weapon/skill combos. While literally everything the revenant has is isolated to only work within a comparatively narrow predefined "bundle" of elements. You don't create builds for the revenant; you figure out what builds the developers created and then take credit for them. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

I think the OP doesnt understand what a beta test means. And we still have a last event to come, where the especs are expected to have been updated with player feedback. Too early to claim the sky is falling down.

The balance will change, I'm sure. But the fundamental design won't. It doesn't matter what tweaks they make to the Vindicator, it isn't going to change jack about the fundamental design issues with core revenant. Changing the Vindicator isn't going to alter how legends themselves work. And tweaking the numbers on greatsword doesn't mean anything to warhammer. The revenant needs a complete top down overhaul like they did with the Engineer back with Heart of Thorns, and I was looking for some indication they were getting ready for that. Instead what I see is them doubling down on everything wrong with the class. 

Edited by Arkham Creed.7358
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, frareanselm.1925 said:

I agree that the vindicator is the worst e-spec released ever! But playing renegade is fun and performs well in every situation, why you dont like it?

Renegade was fun for a while, yes. But I'm the type who gets bored doing the same thing over and over (why I avoid raids and dungeons; I can't stand repeatable content), and like to mix things up from time to time. Build craft is one of my favorite parts of games, and while I could just play an alt, I also enjoy pushing the limits of what kind of crazy stuff I can do within a single class. And the revenant just...can't. I feel that every aspect of it's mechanics and abilities are too isolated and can't be mixed around very well. So now, so long after Heart of Thorns, the class just feels boring. I've done everything it can do so much I'm now sick of all of it. And just adding one more elite spec that really can only be used by itself without pairing with anything from core just isn't worth it. I got bored with renegade after a couple weeks, I see no reason why vindicator would be any different. And since it's clear they aren't going to rework the core class, in a year or two whatever the next elite spec ends up being will fall right into the same less-than-a-month lifespan. 

I think that's the core problem; I like creating off-the-wall builds whenever things feel stale and just fooling around without concern for long term viability because I'll just be changing it anyway. But in terms of that kind of build craft the revenant is just...BORING. And no elite specialization is going to change that because it's due to how the core class is designed, not whatever gimmick got stapled on this expansion. I only waited as long as I did because I was hoping we'd get wind of an upcoming class re-work like what happened with the engineer when HoT released. 

Three expansions, no re-work, that's three strikes. The revenant is out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/3/2021 at 5:21 PM, frareanselm.1925 said:

I agree that the vindicator is the worst e-spec released ever! But playing renegade is fun and performs well in every situation, why you dont like it?

Dude, Renegade was super hated during the beta and even shortly after. Even on Renegade, Kalla is still not used a lot (if not at all) in most game modes where Renegade performs well. It's now liked and used because it's strong. I've been hating Renegade myself for a lot time and now it's my main simply because shortbow is super OP and fun to use. It wasn't like that. 

Compared to Renegade beta, Vindicator looks like a super high budget version. Of course it's inferior to Renegade now, after years of development, but that's an unfair comparison. 

4 hours ago, Kidel.2057 said:

Dude, Renegade was super hated during the beta and even shortly after. Even on Renegade, Kalla is still not used a lot (if not at all) in most game modes where Renegade performs well. It's now liked and used because it's strong. I've been hating Renegade myself for a lot time and now it's my main simply because shortbow is super OP and fun to use. It wasn't like that. 

Compared to Renegade beta, Vindicator looks like a super high budget version. Of course it's inferior to Renegade now, after years of development, but that's an unfair comparison. 

Yeah tbh vindicator actually looked pretty good minus missing a few things, the changes made were exactly what it needed almost also (except maybe abit low on the DMG buffs) 

Removal of the utilities auto swapping and allowing us to choose when we want them to swap is a big fix imho. 

I think by physical launch vindicator will perform very well imho, I can understand the OPs jist. If it isn't for him it isn't for him. But yeah trying to compare vindicators first round beta version to a specc that's existed and been tweaked for years seems pretty kitten unfair. Renegade was just as hated as vindicator during its development. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1