World Restructuring Beta 1 - Update

Josh Davis.7865

58 minutes ago, Dayra.7405 said:

It is possible for a guild to have NA + EU Members. My bank.guild have exactly this. 2 Members, my EU account and my NA account. And I am able to choose it as my WvW-Guild

I guess (or hope) for WvW they are counted as 2 separate Guild, but I wouldn't be surprised, if activity wouldn't be separated for now, but mixed together 😉 

But you cant play together at the same time. The wvw guild will obviously only be in effect on the wvw backend and that's per region.

1 hour ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Is there any way to have a tally of who has your guild checked off for the alliances purposes?

Even if just for the leadership (i.e. officers/leaders of the guild) it would be helpful. Not asking for much more than that, ideally you would have some sort of activity level estimate if you have half the people show up only for WvW dailies.

I think for this Beta, probably not. But this NEEDS to be implemented before release, preferably before the next Beta.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bristingr.5034 said:

No it's not. I've tried this with a friend from an EU server. They were unable to accept the Guild Invite, despite the invitation to them. If this has changed, please let me know how to get around this.

We have EU server people in the NA wiki guild.

One of the wiki admins has both his NA and EU account in the NA wiki guild.

Edited by Infusion.7149

I have heard of many guilds that are merging into a new guild to be their WvW guild for the Phase 1 Beta, so they can stay together for the week and/or test their alliance membership.  Is this going to affect your overall data-gathering, with folks trying to create their alliances before you're even testing alliances in matchmaking?

Edited by roana.2654

• ArenaNet Staff
42 minutes ago, roana.2654 said:

I have heard of many guilds that are merging into a new guild to be their WvW guild for the Phase 1 Beta, so they can stay together for the week and/or test their alliance membership.  Is this going to affect your overall data-gathering, with folks trying to create their alliances before you're even testing alliances in matchmaking?

I think they'll be interesting data points for us to take a look at! We're not terribly concerned at the present moment. The current planned alliance cap is 500 players, the same number of players that can stack in a single guild.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Josh Davis.7865 said:

I think they'll be interesting data points for us to take a look at! We're not terribly concerned at the present moment. The current planned alliance cap is 500 players, the same number of players that can stack in a single guild.

Thanks for the response!  I'm glad y'all don't think it will skew the data, as that's what I was concerned about.

4 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

But you cant play together at the same time. The wvw guild will obviously only be in effect on the wvw backend and that's per region.

wasnt looking at how it is now we already know that you can have EU and NA in the same guild and share everything, but cant play in the same shards due to the region 

but the world restructure and the beta is going to mix up the way that guild dynamic is and is going to put all the ppl that select it as a "battle guild" on the same server so is it going to also move the NA/EU accounts around or are the players going to have to transfer their accounts so they are at least on the same region BEFOR the alliance betas. 

also which reigion is going to be the "home" of the guild like my bank guild has 6 members 3 na and 3 eu is it going to put all 6 on EU during the beta and then send them back after. (or vice versa) or is it going to keep the region split 

16 minutes ago, koben.2654 said:

wasnt looking at how it is now we already know that you can have EU and NA in the same guild and share everything, but cant play in the same shards due to the region 

but the world restructure and the beta is going to mix up the way that guild dynamic is and is going to put all the ppl that select it as a "battle guild" on the same server so is it going to also move the NA/EU accounts around or are the players going to have to transfer their accounts so they are at least on the same region BEFOR the alliance betas. 

also which reigion is going to be the "home" of the guild like my bank guild has 6 members 3 na and 3 eu is it going to put all 6 on EU during the beta and then send them back after. (or vice versa) or is it going to keep the region split 

As you say at the end... or is it going to keep the region split. Yes. You are way, waaaaay overthinking something that wont happen. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, roana.2654 said:

I have heard of many guilds that are merging into a new guild to be their WvW guild for the Phase 1 Beta, so they can stay together for the week and/or test their alliance membership.

Seems silly to do that. The guild I picked think it'd be fun just to fight some of our friends/server mates in opposite sides for a week. I've already reached out to some of said commanders and said we'll see ya on the battlefield if we're enemies. I'm treating it like a fun week where we can hunt down our friends while Anet gets their data.

If there's guilds that can't go one week without forging their alliance, then their alliance won't even last before we begin for real.

• Confused 1

On 9/22/2021 at 2:14 PM, Josh Davis.7865 said:

The question is does my storage guild count as a WvW Guild even if I am the only one in it but it has unlocked all of the functions Guild Halls offer to WvW?  So now if this is the case 499 other storage guilds must unite and find a world to call our own to conquer all of the Guilds that would not want us to have freedom of storage space.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Josh Davis.7865 said:

Final reminder to select your WvW Guild by 11:59PM Pacific (UTC-7) tonight, otherwise you may be matchmade as a solo player for the first beta!

So if I am a solo player who selects their storage guild well only guild as a WvW Guild am I not a solo player?

Edited by Klypto.1703

• ArenaNet Staff
7 minutes ago, Klypto.1703 said:

So if I am a solo player who selects their storage guild well only guild as a WvW Guild am I not a solo player?

Interesting question. You'd technically be matchmade as a guild, but it wouldn't change your placement really since we look at your WvW activity. Your WvW activity would be the exact the same if you matchmade as a solo player or as part of a 1 player guild.

Edited by Josh Davis.7865
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Josh Davis.7865 said:

Interesting question. You'd technically be matchmade as a guild, but it wouldn't change your placement really since we look at your WvW activity. Your WvW activity is the exactly the same as a solo player or representing a 1 player guild.

The interesting part is my activity when I am active is far greater than some of the guilds that attempt to do things I can do by myself.  So in that regard and this is for other players who can do the same exact same things under the same parameters that a solo roamer can become the equivalent of 50 players.  So in that regard if one were to try to establish a roaming guild that 10 of them become an entire alliance.  So i'll go tell number 11 and 12 we are now full but best of luck with finding an alliance.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/22/2021 at 2:14 PM, Josh Davis.7865 said:

So hypothetically one guild can fill an entire alliance slot? I am curious now as to what takes priority when placing players in alliances, our guild choice or our activity. So let's say a guild has 500 players, they all choose it as their WvW guild, but activity levels vary from high to low. I know this is a highly unlikely possibility, but its more about curiosity as to how the system works. 

56 minutes ago, Josh Davis.7865 said:

Interesting question. You'd technically be matchmade as a guild, but it wouldn't change your placement really since we look at your WvW activity. Your WvW activity would be the exact the same if you matchmade as a solo player or as part of a 1 player guild.

It's pretty cool seeing you actually know what are you talking about (or at least seems like it), I'm loving the communication. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/22/2021 at 9:14 PM, Josh Davis.7865 said:

There's testing of course, and I'd like to be wrong, but as far as I know, currently there aren't enough good groups in WvW to allow them to merge into "Alliance guild". If these changes continues, WvW will be greatly improved and in time there will be, but right now would be better to create Teams just from (solo) players and guilds only. This will allow a better spread out of good groups (i.e. those groups which can consistently win against far larger numbers). In this context even the 500 limit is far too large, since there are less than 100 good players to divide them evenly between the current server numbers.

If not, this will give birth to a few very strong alliances, and unless they will always be matched against each other, they will get bored by easy wins, and their enemies will quit. History will just repeat itself. It's too big the temptation to ally with good players, everyone likes to play with the best, but if there are no similar level enemies, then won't be fun at all. Numbers alone doesn't mean much, and this system is mostly focused on balancing numbers. This is a though nut to crack, but really there's a need to incentivize the best groups to avoid joining an alliance, and for now, the easiest way to achieve that, is by delaying this feature.

6 hours ago, X T D.6458 said:

So hypothetically one guild can fill an entire alliance slot? I am curious now as to what takes priority when placing players in alliances, our guild choice or our activity. So let's say a guild has 500 players, they all choose it as their WvW guild, but activity levels vary from high to low. I know this is a highly unlikely possibility, but its more about curiosity as to how the system works. 

Thats literally the point of having 500 man caps on both. An alliance and a guild at "max power" is the same.

7 hours ago, Tiawal.2351 said:

the easiest way to achieve that, is by delaying this feature.

This brings back memories... ah the good old days........
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-ultimate-solution/page/1#post6419023

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Vote-to-Delete-Servers-Make-new-Worlds

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-2-0/first#post6395579

Edited by Norbe.7630

There really hasn't been any thought put into this concept.  Just for example anyone like me who had just gotten bored and tired of stale and undeveloped content like WvW has become over time.  I have no idea who is even still playing much less who I would even want to play with if I did start playing again.  So it just seems like nothing has actually changed and the word backend is still being used over and over again.  Plus from what I've seen in these beta event things there isn't anything that I would want to actually play as an elite spec.  So personally I don't see what is actually going to change and who that would change with other than just running around roaming by myself lol.

7 minutes ago, Klypto.1703 said:

There really hasn't been any thought put into this concept.  Just for example anyone like me who had just gotten bored and tired of stale and undeveloped content like WvW has become over time.  I have no idea who is even still playing much less who I would even want to play with if I did start playing again.  So it just seems like nothing has actually changed and the word backend is still being used over and over again.  Plus from what I've seen in these beta event things there isn't anything that I would want to actually play as an elite spec.  So personally I don't see what is actually going to change and who that would change with other than just running around roaming by myself lol.

This is just a whole lot of words and no content.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2