World Restructuring Beta 1 - Update

Josh Davis.7865

For the people experiencing queues, I'm being told that the names on the maps correspond to servers rather than the new alliance teams.  Is this the same for everyone?

Is it possible that queues are being calculated based on servers still?  That would explain how a map could be queued and outnumbered at the same time.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Sviel.7493 said:

For the people experiencing queues, I'm being told that the names on the maps correspond to servers rather than the new alliance teams.  Is this the same for everyone?

Is it possible that queues are being calculated based on servers still?  That would explain how a map could be queued and outnumbered at the same time.

Map names still corresponded to server names.  I actually couldn't tell if my team was red, blue, or green until I got into the OS.

One of the things supposedly happening was multiple instances of the same map.

18 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Thats literally the point of having 500 man caps on both. An alliance and a guild at "max power" is the same.

What am I curious about is how the guilds individual members WvW activity levels will impact their guilds matchups. For example, a guild where every member marks it as their WvW guild, but their activity levels vary. If this guild has more members that are in the low activity levels would that determine their placement in a matchup? 

17 minutes ago, X T D.6458 said:

What am I curious about is how the guilds individual members WvW activity levels will impact their guilds matchups. For example, a guild where every member marks it as their WvW guild, but their activity levels vary. If this guild has more members that are in the low activity levels would that determine their placement in a matchup? 

Reposted from other thread of my assumption:

To make it more understandable i will just simplify the guild name based on server/community name.

Tier 1: Red vs Blue vs Green
Blackgate Community Guild Rating with 200 registered on checkbox: 3500
Yak's Bend Community Guild with 100 registered rating  on checkbox: 2500
Jade Quarry Community Guild with 100 registered rating on checkbox: 1000
Maguuma Community Guild with 50 registered  rating on checkbox: 2000
Crystal Desert Community Guild with 100 registered rating on checkbox: 1000

So the matches will be like :
BG (3500) vs YB+JQ (3500) vs Mag+CD+Floaters(3000+500)
200 vs 200 vs (150+50)

This is only for a certain timezone span to create part of the total team, on different timezone this can also be applied to be added to that total team, by their ratings/activity and numbers.

Please find flaws.

On 9/23/2021 at 2:53 AM, Josh Davis.7865 said:

The issue that prevented players from selecting certain guilds as their WvW Guild has been resolved. Please remember to choose your preferred WvW Guild by Thursday at 11:59pm PDT (UTC-7).

a couple of my guildies missed out this msg.. the guild is kind of on hibernation waiting to be part of beta test. An in game mail system send to players for something urgent like this (that need action from players) will be nice, so we get the most out of all interested players in the beta test.  

but no big deal its a beta 🙂

Edited by Talindra.4958

5 hours ago, Skynet.7201 said:

I just bounced in to say thank you. Others are pointing out the problems, so I won't pile on.

Just happy that WvW is getting some long overdue love.

I have faith.

Thanks @Josh Davis.7865

Ditto.

Thanks for all your efforts. Sure, it went a bit wonky this time, but that's to be expected.

I like the fact that we get to speculate as to what went wrong, and how the instancing might be handled and such.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1