Builds come and go but some stayed ( Rant )

Ziggityzog.7389

I really feel that anet has a running joke on the community. For some reason they nerf this nerf that beef up this beef down that. Rev has gone from useful to not to useful to not and back to useful again. Other classes have had their days also in the lime light with old school guard or DH.

Yet...

There are the joke builds from anet that are never fixed. It's almost as tho they know that 4 year olds might want to play and need a easy build to use right out of the gate like the jump bean teef or block burn guard. Sad thing is there is one class that even after PoF drop will still be used more then the new spec hahaha. or the HoT spec. Still just a basic dd/sb teef beats everything they have created for teefs ( yeah the game mode is made for circle dancing teefs ). I'm making a prophecy right now that 1 in 1,000 teefs will actually use deadeye unless rifle / short bow becomes meta lol XD. If not then deadeye teefs will be yelled and and name called to go to sb teef.

So when will the Jumping bean teefs ( Condi and staff ) be nerfed down to a lower level, or the heal bot eles, the block burn block block block burn guards, or any of the 3 year long and stale by now condi spam builds in all classes. I mean seriously i've seen the same builds on some classes since HoT or modified versions pre HoT lol.

Main issue : Being forced to play one boring circle dancing map mode combined with stale balance and lack of any skill diversity what so ever for 5 years. I hope in the CD in PoF we eventually can ascend so maybe it can be interesting with at least dual classes. Or maybe some real pvp with gw1 style map modes. Hell i'll settle for a Hall of Heroes / HA style game play.

This was my rant good day all.

@choovanski.5462 said:necro main asks for support ele to be nerfed :#

guys, i think OP needs to be put on suicide watch. i don't think he wants to live

Maybe if support ele didn't exist, Anet would actually fix necromancer to not be dependent on them to live.

@Jinks.2057 said:Why do necro mains consistently make nerf thief threads?

Maybe because every single thief build (including the sub meta ones) completely and utterly hardcounters every necro build in existence with little skill on the thief's part.

@Crinn.7864 said:

guys, i think OP needs to be put on suicide watch. i don't think he wants to live

Maybe if support ele didn't exist, Anet would actually fix necromancer to not be dependent on them to live.

Maybe because every single thief build (including the sub meta ones) completely and utterly hardcounters every necro build in existence with little skill on the thief's part.

If you're dying to a thief on point before help arrives you either have zero life force or you failed to leave the point.

Either way that's not game balance but player error

@Jinks.2057 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

If you're dying to a thief on point before help arrives you either have zero life force or you failed to leave the point.

There are two options available to a necro when the necro gets +1'ed by a thief.

a) The necro stays in the fight and the thief kills them.orb) the necro disengages the fight and the thief still kills them because the class with the least mobility in the game can't disengage the class with the most mobility in the game.

Besides even bad thieves still know to wait out of sight for the necro to drop shroud before alpha'ing.

@Crinn.7864 w the nature of the game, in that its conquest. support and bunker builds are always going to exist. I don't think it's possible to remove them all, nor do I think that would be healthy for the game.

tbh. I think it's an issue w the necro and not the ele. necro has always been this hardcore teamfight carry, and it's needed a support to prop it up since forever. there would need to be some big changes to the class before it can function without support. massive nerfs to cleave damage would be a must.still, I hear power builds hold up well in 1v1.

but I don't think that will happen. classes have roles. some people don't like that, but that's just being thick. 9 different classes should not all fill the same roles. it's 9 classes. there should be variety.even if you aim to let the build system make roamer, DPS and support builds for all classes, some classes will just be better at certain roles. it's inevitable.

so like. I don't get all the necro's who want to be playing pre nerf berserker warrior. like, play necro if you play necro. don't be like 'oh it's so unfair my necro is not a warrior'. ofc it's not a warrior, it's a different class. it's like asking why thief and ele fill different roles, or have different playstyles. like, it's by design dude.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Jinks.2057 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

There are two options available to a necro when the necro gets +1'ed by a thief.

a) The necro stays in the fight and the thief kills them.orb) the necro disengages the fight and the thief still kills them because the class with the least mobility in the game can't disengage the class with the most mobility in the game.

Besides even bad thieves still know to wait out of sight for the necro to drop shroud before alpha'ing.

You got +1'd it happens. Talk to your team as to why you were left on an island long enough for a thief to come finish you.

@Jinks.2057 said:You got +1'd it happens. Talk to your team as to why you were left on an island long enough for a thief to come finish you.You do realize that a thief can easily snipe a necro out of a teamfight right?

Or rather a thief can snipe everyone that's not a bunker out of any fight, because in the current meta hardly any class can deal with a thief.

At this point in time you all need to understand something.

If you don't have someone rotating to you soon leave the point and don't die.

It's that simple.

yeah i feel the only necro(my main on pvp is necro) that dont complain about thievs.

Necros have a huge arsenal of Aoes, minions, shouts, condition spam. just have to spam any of theses options since most thievs are squish. Necros have also access to best condition controls in the game. They have signet to transfer, passive trait to transfer, dagger #4, passive minion condi transfer for each minion. The only condi spammer which gives me more work is the mesmer because of the ghosts, so sometimes I return the conditions to one of the phatasms.

I returned to rank gold with power necro using minions. It handles most of the cond-thievs, stunlock warriors, burn guards.

if not that options work, try Wells buffed with protection trait.

few ppl realize how Barbaric Amulet make power-necro extremely powerful, its leave necro with 31-32k hp and a window to build good damage. And im not a skilled players, i just try the laziest builds i can find. I can not imagine what a really skilled necro can do with it.

Currently my concern in pvp, is to face solo deadly/immortal combos (condition spammer mesmer + thiev, or dual necros, immortal rev + guards, warriors) along with lack of support of the team.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Jinks.2057 said:You got +1'd it happens. Talk to your team as to why you were left on an island long enough for a thief to come finish you.You do realize that a thief can easily snipe a necro out of a teamfight right?

Or rather a thief can snipe everyone that's not a bunker out of any fight, because in the current meta hardly any class can deal with a thief.

You are complaining about getting dropped in a team fight by a thief?!!?!??

This is not a game balance issue but an issue with your team not supporting you & maybe your positioning.

Again if you are frequently getting dunked on by a thief in 4v4's this is NOT b/c a thief is OP.

See i got a good disscussion started lol. As for your idea i don't think i ever said "Please nerf them i can't handle them!" actually only one in a blue moon player can kill me. Only trouble i have is with jumping bean teefs on my necro. Having slow animations for every single skill you have as a nerco is hard to face vs some teefs when they are quick.

This isn't a l2p post if that what you got from it. It's a laugh at anet for making such a un balanced pvp game for 3+ years now. You wonder why Esl failed just look at how we are forced to play the most un competitive map type as "ranked" play. Circle dancing conq was not ment for serious pvp play but anet somehow thinks it is.

@Jinks.2057 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

This is not a game balance issue but an issue with your team not supporting you & maybe your positioning.

Again if you are frequently getting dunked on by a thief in 4v4's this is NOT b/c a thief is OP.

Dude a thief can easily sit way outside of a teamfight, wait for the right moment then steal alpha someone straight to downstate and teleport out with almost no risk to the thief. This is literally how thieves work at platinum level.

I'm starting to get the impression that you don't understand how thief works at higher levels.

@"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:Is "teef" like the cool way gamers day Thief? I could not take OP post seriously.

like what I tawkd wike dis fow a wittle bit?

Awe goochy goochy goo ( Cheek pinch ). Too cute a I wish I could be a troll when i grow up kiddo.

Teef, Necro or nec, War, Rev, Engi, ele, < short term for classes since soimeone is new to gw2.

Cheers!

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Jinks.2057 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

Dude a thief can easily sit way outside of a teamfight, wait for the right moment then steal alpha someone straight to downstate and teleport out with almost no risk to the thief. This is literally how thieves work at platinum level.

I'm starting to get the impression that you don't understand how thief works at higher levels.

I'm starting to think you aren't in higher levels.....

It still stands. You shouldn't be getting ganked by a thief unless you are low on health. Thief power burst isn't going to 100-0 anyone with just their burst. They need AA's to finish the job unless the target is low. You get insta gibbed by a thief you were low health.

Again that is an issue with your team/your positioning.

Look let's not throw petty insults around

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:

@"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:Is "teef" like the cool way gamers day Thief? I could not take OP post seriously.

Awe goochy goochy goo ( Cheek pinch ). Too cute a I wish I could be a troll when i grow up kiddo.

Teef, Necro or nec, War, Rev, Engi, ele, < short term for classes since soimeone is new to gw2.

Cheers!

A short for for theif? One letter less, and change a letter? Every other class is 3 syllables plus. There is zero basis for shortening thief. And if you did, why not thf? Serious question, do you say "teef" irl too?

But thats just my opinion. Ill stop harping on your coolkidgamer lifestyle now.

Sincierly, Gramps

Also how could I be all grown up as a troll and be a kiddo?

Am I a grown uo troll or a kid?

Everyone pretty much hit what he said except for one very glaring remark "dd/sb beats everything else thief has"... what? D/p beats other stuff but d/d has not been seen in pvp outside of dodge spam gimmicks which die super fast anyways for years. Not since it was nerfed back after release to stop 1 shots.

@Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:

@Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:Is "teef" like the cool way gamers day Thief? I could not take OP post seriously.

Cheers!

A short for for theif? One letter less, and change a letter? Every other class is 3 syllables plus. There is zero basis for shortening thief. And if you did, why not thf? Serious question, do you say "teef" irl too?

Sincierly, Gramps

Hey got my rise out of Mr. I wish I could troll .

Now I can just ignore your sad little nit pick life and move in with a laugh. Must be old but not old enough to get out of Mama's basement.

Apparently teef is offensive to you and it's a term the community uses. If that offends ya then you may want to uninstall and move on.

Good day. Have a sad lil life.

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:

@Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:Is "teef" like the cool way gamers day Thief? I could not take OP post seriously.

Cheers!

Sincierly, Gramps

Hey got my rise out of
Mr. I wish I could troll

Now I can just ignore your sad little nit pick life and move in with a laugh. Must be old but not old enough to get out of Mama's basement.

Apparently teef is offensive to you and it's a term the community uses. If that offends ya then you may want to uninstall and move on.

This is quite litetally the first time I have seen someone not just use "teef", but prolificaly so.

And I have been on the forums since day1.

Btw I gave you a thumbs up. You seem like the kinda guy who needs it.

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:

Cheers!

Sincierly, Gramps

If the real origin of teef ever became known it'd be a banned term on the forums.

In fact I laugh hysterically every time I read it LOL

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:

Cheers!

Sincierly, Gramps

Hey got my rise out of
Mr. I wish I could troll

This is quite litetally the first time I have seen someone not just use "teef", but prolificaly so.

And I have been on the forums since day1.

Btw I gave you a thumbs up. You seem like the kinda guy who needs it.

Poor sad lil try hard troll that's a nice claim of being here since day one of your first day here a week ago. Still means your new.

I mean if you don't know what teef means or offended by it then that is quite sad.

Heck I guess teef players won't make a guild with all "thiefs" named (teef)

Oh wait there is.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/119588#Comment_119588.

New people... Aye. I'll give you a pass since your mind must be going. I have a 82 year old in my guild who seems to have a better mind then you at his age.

Archived