New game client crashes when a massive amount of characters gather in one area (full 50 RIBA instance)

Cyor.3416

Does the latest GW2 client have an issue with the latest Nvidia drivers and GTX 1080 Ti?

My game crashed when doing RIBA farmed when all of the characters were gathering in lanes before the final fight. I thought it was DX11 that caused the crash so I reverted back to DX9. I crashed again as I was rotating around the map and the rotating zerg caught up to me while rotating. I then turned off Firefox and had my second screen turned off. As long as I stood away from the zerg, I wouldn't crash. As soon as we beat the RIBA meta event and everyone started rushing into the chest area, I crashed again.

Also, I was playing with Best Performance enabled, turned off shadows, and reduced character model quality to lowest. I play on a 1440p 165 Hz monitor at Native sampling. I've never had any crashes before the patch.

Edited by Cyor.3416

• Cyor.3416 changed the title to New game client crashes when a massive amount of characters gather in one area (full 50 RIBA instance)

Hello.

I have the same problem since the patch. Meta event with squad, random crash with a lot of people where the game freezes for 1 to 3 seconds, and back to desktop without any error message.

I am not using the direct x 11 beta, and my machine is older than yours. (Geforce 660, i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz, 12gb RAM, W 10 64 Pro).

Never had this kind of crash before.

(Sorry for my english, i use Google translator)

On 9/22/2021 at 2:26 PM, BowStringing.7240 said:

game is unplable a-net failed hard its not dx11 beta-test is PAIN TEST crash  20 times today.. never happend

dude its a beta nothing works smoothly in a beta.. 🙄 stuff can be fine on a test server, but once it reaches live issues can occur.
That's why they need to see which error messages are given and can fix that in an upcoming patch.