[Request] - Buyable crude kitty collar.

So yes we are all very excited for end of dragons and I'm sure that's taking up a lot of time and resources, but, this form post serves as a sort of petition hopefully not just mine anyway

So what is the crude kitty collar, its an junk item that drops from the Kill the Vetren Giant Ettin event in Lornars Pass at the Demon's Maw area. As the wiki stats its available only during entry 9 of the Hunters journal. This item is made while doing Chuka and Champawat 1 collection, after completing this entry there is no way to go back and acquire more of the item, it can not be moved around to different characters or shared inventory slots as the item is soulbound on acquire.

So what I would love to see is a buyable or even any way to obtain more copy's of the item for myself and hopefully like minded people that are beyond chapter 9 of the journal.

• Like 1

I have no idea when, where, or how they'd implement something like this, but I've seen plenty of guildmates and friends lament all those quirky one-off items from collections and quests that they accidentally sold or salvaged or can't pass between their characters. It would be nice to have some kind of omni-vendor for junk - maybe located in the Skritt pirate cave in Lion's Arch - who would sell that garbage back to you (for a fee) so long as your account acquired it once already.

As for why? Sentiment seems to be the usual reason. Maybe you have a thief you really enjoy playing and you want his entire bottom inventory bag to be full of various wanted posters, knives, and broken lockpicks. I myself still have a pile of glittery garbage in my Mesmer's bags because that's what he is.

• Like 1

There's hundreds, if not thousands of this kind of "junk" item across the different collections. I have also kept some of them for sentimental reasons (like Rabsovich's lost treasure), but I suspect that creating and stocking a vendor that sells these things (of course only to players that have gotten them naturally before) is way more work that it's worth it. Allowing them to drop again on the other hand would be a great nuisance for the majority of players that have their bags filled with junk they neither need nor want.

Personally I'd prefer if they'd expand the collection ui to allow us to link the found collection entries in chat. Maybe they could  even include the ability to read collected books (and other kinds of text) straight from the collection ui, too. It's something I would really enjoy, but I suspect that the only way this could ever become reality would be if a dev would be interested to do it as a side project during whenever they have a bit of free time. It's just not important enough for the majority of players to get into the big feature category.

If this is not just for sentimental reasons, to keep the items as reminders, but rather for linking during e.g. roleplaying sessions, there always is the option to get the object code from the wiki and post that into chat instead, but I agree that while technically possible, it isn't a very immersive option 😉 .

Edited by Rasimir.6239
spelling is hard