Idea for Daring Dragon

oscuro.9720

Obviously, in competitive modes, dragon trigger getting cancelled with CC is a frustrating occurrence. I was tossing an idea around in my head, figured I’d make a post to see what everyone thought;

Modify Daring Dragon to also make charged bullets remain stocked if not expended. 

My thought behind tacking this onto Daring Dragon is that it limits the total bullets to 5, preventing the stocking of a full 10 charge burst, but adds the ultimate and varied play style of being able to store bullets so that, hopefully, bursts with more than 2 or 3 charges are possible in competitive modes. Additionally, it makes charging that gets CCd not completely wasted, as you will atleast be able to unleash a larger burst next time.
What do you all think?

Edited by oscuro.9720
  • Like 1

• oscuro.9720 changed the title to Idea for Daring Dragon

Another option is making Daring Dragon insta fill the bullet bar by taking set amount of  flow and doing normal burst damage, basically Decapitate  3/4 cast 4500 base damage with marauder crit and you repeat quick casting the skills till you run out of flow. You just enter the stance and cast it reposition cast it reposition cast it and you do normal damage , making it normal Burst skill with comparable cast time to the rest skills in the game.

11 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Or, make it so the bullets don't disappear until used for Dragon Slash, even if you are interrupted.

Idk about that, it loses the whole point of the thing, youre gathering energy before suddenly unleashing a draw. And I don't think the concept is even really flawed, people in PvP certainly arent using it correctly (hint: Youre not supposed to charge it to full. Just let it rip at 2 or 3 charges).

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, UNOwen.7132 said:

Idk about that, it loses the whole point of the thing, youre gathering energy before suddenly unleashing a draw. And I don't think the concept is even really flawed, people in PvP certainly arent using it correctly (hint: Youre not supposed to charge it to full. Just let it rip at 2 or 3 charges).

And do pitiful damage as a result.

34 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

And do pitiful damage as a result.

Sure, it could use a bit of a boost, but using daring dragoon to chain it back to back to back actually does alright damage with strength. All it needs is for entering the stance to be smoother, a slight damage buff and tweaks to the utilities tbh.

22 minutes ago, UNOwen.7132 said:

Sure, it could use a bit of a boost, but using daring dragoon to chain it back to back to back actually does alright damage with strength. All it needs is for entering the stance to be smoother, a slight damage buff and tweaks to the utilities tbh.

More than slight in my opinion. The spec has a sound foundation to build off of, there are specific things they need to address though. The risk/reward of DS being one of them.

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

More than slight in my opinion. The spec has a sound foundation to build off of, there are specific things they need to address though. The risk/reward of DS being one of them.

I mean, if entering DS is less clunky/faster, it gets a lot better, so you probably wouldnt need as big of a damage buff. Especially since you could just spam the dragon stance back to back to back with Daring Dragon.

19 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Or, make it so the bullets don't disappear until used for Dragon Slash, even if you are interrupted.

I had an expansion of this idea and wanted to get yours, and other people’s, feedback. I was thinking stored bullets that are unused would then be spent when using an explosion skill (1 per skill), increasing the damage of those skills by, say, 20%? Just a thought I had. 
Though I guess that, in a way, it would disincentivized using explosion skills if you have a large number of charges. I haven’t completely thought out the costs/benefits I suppose.