(Mirage) Chaos Vortex Bug , Sept 21 2021 [Merged]

I really really hope that this is indeed a bug and will be addressed and fixed by Anet soon. So much of my mirage’s play-style is dependent on Chaos Vortex and it’s boons, not only for its supportive applications, but for it’s self-support as well!

PLEASE fix this Anet! It would be greatly appreciated by us mesmers!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Confirmed, an enemy must be within the range indicator and also targeted to apply Alacrity to the player and party. This is problematic as Alacrity can no longer be applied in areas with no enemies, for example, the start of the abyss chamber (Deepstone fractal), or when Torin ports out of range during a player's Chaos vortex cast. Swamp fractal also poses issues where many mobs die quickly as target loss and range now affects application of Alacrity. Currently no way for Mirage to provide Alacrity underwater (Aquatic Ruins fractal).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seabreeze.8437 said:

It is an issue in PvE as well, I can assure you.

I know the issue occurs in PvE but what I mean is that for normal PvE content it doesn't break my build, I mean it's to bad I don't have that much alacrity but I can still staff kill just about anything at range (that is suitable for killing at range) with it without trouble.

Though it did make me go like.... well right now if you take scepter gun or whatever and than in build run Illusions instead of Chaos it's probably a better build than just staff cause alacrity was a thing making you able to spawn more clones/illusion faster.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, chrispy.7182 said:

This is a bug and isn't meant to happen, so don't worry. I wish they would get a move on and fix it though....

To be fair they were probably focused on WvW Alliances on Friday and then the weekend happened.

Hopefully it'll get fixed on Tuesday, it's so awkward to play...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lunia.2736 said:

To be fair they were probably focused on WvW Alliances on Friday and then the weekend happened.

Hopefully it'll get fixed on Tuesday, it's so awkward to play...

Well since they fixed rangers bug like almost immediately after the patch released, they could have fixed our bug aswell at the sametime 🤷🏽‍♂️

This issue has been going on since tuesday and the WvW beta started on friday, they had 2 days to get this fixed before the beta started! So that's really not an excuse for them to delay this...

Edited by AshkyLicious.4729
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As a mirage alac/cdps player in fractals I noticed the following thing happen since the last patch (that added the beta for the new elite specs).

Chaos Vortex would now not share the listed boons (alacrity and might) if you are not in combat or if you don't have a target. Even though it doesn't give any buffs in these situations the new feature of the circle of it's effective range is still appearing, so I consider it a bug. 

Please do look into it! I really didn't get any impressions of it being intended. If it was, well there should be mentioned in the patch notes. 

It really is important for me to stack the alacrity even out of combat as we move (w/ the party) from group to group keeping the alacrity rolling. If it doesn't work then there is only one class to play alacrity... Just revenant. Because Chrono is also very static with boon application.

Edited by PanoukosG.9762
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• PanoukosG.9762 changed the title to Chaos Vortex bug after 21st of September patch!
On 9/24/2021 at 5:54 PM, Waffles.5632 said:

If the issue is pre-stacking buffs, I wonder why Anet can't just make the buffs in-combat only like how certain traits act.

I really hope they don't intend this. I use the alacrity for my portal cooldowns at the end of jumping puzzles. Making it only in-combat would be very annoying.

As it is right now I don't even feel like playing staff mirage. I hope there's a fix soon.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Gfkd.1836 said:

my guess is the change is a nerf. All signs point to it. People will forget about it with in a few weeks and then it’s permanent.

I won’t forget about it… It’s an important part of my play style and a big part of what makes staff mirage so fun for myself and my party.

• Like 1

Any ETA on a fix? I have a build dedicated to dual staffs which is now useless, i'd like to know if i should scrap that build or when can i start using it again... I wasn't going to say anything during the betas cause Anet was probably busy, but even then, didn't Rangers get a fix for one of their stuff during that time? Well, betas are over, plese fix this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2