(Mirage) Chaos Vortex Bug , Sept 21 2021 [Merged]

On 9/29/2021 at 6:45 AM, AshkyLicious.4729 said:

@Fire Attunement.9835 @Cobalt Flame.8056 @Sentient Anomaly.9473

Can we please receive any kind of update regarding this issue? This is really game breaking for many of us mirage players, and no communication from Anet is really poor customer service at this point. 

It's been one week already with this issue, and the only thing we get is silence... tiresome.

I think you (Anet) should be worried when mesmer players (which are a part of your playerbase) constantly feels neglected in every single way in this game. Either you create bugs you never fix again or you nerf us in the most absurd ways. This "We dont care about you" - attitude really destroys the game for us mesmer players. We have paid for this game just like everybody else who plays other professions!

Why do we have to always get the worst treatment, and why doesnt it matter to you (Anet) that our game experience literally sucks compared to other players playing other professions?

It's really frustrating year after year getting those nerfs that changes everything and suddenly it's not viable anymore, it's one of the reasons of some breaks I took from the game.

But it is a bug.

I sent a ticket to anet about some other subject and asked about Chaos Vortex and they said "Boons should be applied to allies near the caster when using Chaos Vortex."it's not intended, they told me to "submit an in-game bug report. This will send detailed information to the develpment team so they can address the issue as promptly as possible."

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

On 9/28/2021 at 12:59 PM, AshkyLicious.4729 said:

We have been reporting this all week long, and still no fix for our staff?! Not even an update from Anet regarding this issue is beyond unprofessional.

This.

- Widely confirmed bugs make players annoyed.

- Lack of communication about widely confirmed bugs make players angry, distrustful, and even leave. 

It is incomprehensible what the perceived upside of silence is for ANet. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Alexander.5321 said:

It's really frustrating year after year getting those nerfs that changes everything and suddenly it's not viable anymore, it's one of the reasons of some breaks I took from the game.

But it is a bug.

I sent a ticket to anet about some other subject and asked about Chaos Vortex and they said "Boons should be applied to allies near the caster when using Chaos Vortex."it's not intended, they told me to "submit an in-game bug report. This will send detailed information to the develpment team so they can address the issue as promptly as possible."

I mean, if they confirmed it's a bug, there's forum moderators, how hard is it to stop by the thread which is now 4 pages already and say "hey, we know, we're working on it but stuff happened and it's taking a while"? 

At least people would know what to expect then.

And since this is about Mesmers and they don't have the brightest track record of how they treat this community, a simple "hang in there while we work on that" would go a long way towards repairing the trust. This just further makes people angry at them.

*tinfoil hat on*

Unless that's what they want all along, kitten people off, make mesmers leave so they can say "mesmer population low - no point in classs if no one plays it - deleting cause easier balancing with 8 instead of 9 classes"...

*tinfoil hat off*

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

I mean, if they confirmed it's a bug, there's forum moderators, how hard is it to stop by the thread which is now 4 pages already and say "hey, we know, we're working on it but stuff happened and it's taking a while"? 

At least people would know what to expect then.

And since this is about Mesmers and they don't have the brightest track record of how they treat this community, a simple "hang in there while we work on that" would go a long way towards repairing the trust. This just further makes people angry at them.

*tinfoil hat on*

Unless that's what they want all along, kitten people off, make mesmers leave so they can say "mesmer population low - no point in classs if no one plays it - deleting cause easier balancing with 8 instead of 9 classes"...

*tinfoil hat off*

Maybe they don't see us because we have Mass Invisibility elite skill, we should move to necromancer or guardian, they always get all the good stuff anyways.

I was glad Alacrity was a viable mesmer thing again, after the DT/slow nerfs on chrono, felt like it was nerfed just so virtuoso has a reason to exist, also funny how on HoT chronomancer page it still says "Chronomancy is the only specialization allowed access to this powerful effect, and chronomancers can share alacrity with allies in limited situations, making them an incredibly powerful ally to have in any party.", feels like it didn't age well.

I did the in-game bug report like they said.
I just hope this isn't another Chaotic Interruption all over again.

• Like 5

Did a in game report on the 22.   No response.   Posted here on the forums.   It’s been over a week, I feel we deserve any kind of response from anet on the state of their game that has been very unclear and disheartening.   I get there may be other issues that need to be fixed first.   We’re just asking for a response is all.   This kind of behavior from anet is only causing more frustration.   

• Like 6

Mirage to anet is probably their worst mistake in the game.   I will be the first to say I have taken advantage of its mechanics to the extreme.   But I will also say every class in the game has had its op moments  and those players did the same.   But other classes were given proper balance updates to fix the issues that didn’t out right nerf the spec into oblivion.   No other class has had to deal with the indecisiveness of the direction of how the profession operates.   This feels targeted to mirage in a very passive aggressive way to tell us that we shouldn’t play the game or that we have to change classes all together.   Am I the only one that feels this?   I highly doubt it.   Only Grace I’m giving is to warrior mains who have had to deal with the same issues of not given any viable options after major nerfs.   On the outside it only shows how unprepared and clueless anet can be.   If this is their way of telling me they don’t respect my time or money that I’ve put into their game.   Good riddance. Expac looks like a major flop and not looking forward to it or the alliances.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, dead.7638 said:

Mirage to anet is probably their worst mistake in the game.   I will be the first to say I have taken advantage of its mechanics to the extreme.   But I will also say every class in the game has had its op moments  and those players did the same.   But other classes were given proper balance updates to fix the issues that didn’t out right nerf the spec into oblivion.   No other class has had to deal with the indecisiveness of the direction of how the profession operates.   This feels targeted to mirage in a very passive aggressive way to tell us that we shouldn’t play the game or that we have to change classes all together.   Am I the only one that feels this?   I highly doubt it.   Only Grace I’m giving is to warrior mains who have had to deal with the same issues of not given any viable options after major nerfs.   On the outside it only shows how unprepared and clueless anet can be.   If this is their way of telling me they don’t respect my time or money that I’ve put into their game.   Good riddance. Expac looks like a major flop and not looking forward to it or the alliances.

Every class has an op mechanic but I don't see they getting nerfed this much/often (maybe elementalist, and they even joke about it and it's frustrating for ele mains), but you know it's bad when you're in pvp and you see another mesmer and thinks "oh this will be easy, I'm glad it's not a revenant or a necromancer", or when you join a fractal or raid and first thing they say is "are you really playing chrono? it's been nerfed" and you know they will try to kick you in the first chance they have, even tho everything was fine one day before the patch.
I dislike the way they balance the game because everyone i talk to is frustrated at some point, if something is "op" and viable, instead of nerfing it, why doesnt they make the other classes op and fun to play too? It's a win win, but no, let's ruin the fun for some people for "balancing", they were playing the game and having fun and fun should be nerfed.

Anyway.
I think the worse part of this bug is that it is exploitable, it's not only pve being affected.  The boons works on PvP at infinite range, you can camp a node and use it on another node if someone is fighting and you can target them; or in a wvw zerg.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Alexander.5321 said:

if something is "op" and viable, instead of nerfing it, why doesnt they make the other classes op and fun to play too?

Because Raids.

No, seriously. 

They nerfed Torment globally because of raids, screwing over everyone who uses it in WvW, and they nerfed Confusion because of them. As soon as some tryhard finds a speedrun Raid trick/rotation that only 3 people can pull off, suddenly it's "OP" and needs a nerf over all game modes because Raiding is SUPAH ELITEZZZZ and god forbid it's accessible to most people. Of couse, this affects mesmers more than other classes because it's ok for Firebrands to be best at everything, other classes can speedrun Raids just ok, nothing wrong with that but when Chronos were good support in raids - JESUS CHRIST OP OP OP - nerfed into unusability across ALL game modes and now that Mirage is getting good - NERF NERF NERF!!!

It doesn't help that Mesmers were LITERALLY asking for it in a very "questionable manner" not that long ago having stupid arguments on how OP something is and Anet can literally guilt free stealth nerf everything now because Mesmers hate themselves more than Anet hates us and it's ok to stomp on us cause we ask for it.

I warned people this would happen. But they had to scream for nerfs. Well, we got them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

As I said before, everybody should tag Fire Attunement, Cobalt Flame and Sentient Anomaly in their post.  I've done it twice so far, but it doesn't help that only one or two person does this. The impact will be bigger if more people tags them aswell, and hopefully this will force them to atleast communicate with us.

Edited by AshkyLicious.4729
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, AshkyLicious.4729 said:

As I said before, everybody should tag Fire Attunement, Cobalt Flame and Sentient Anomaly in their post.  I've done it twice so far, but it doesent help that only one or two person does this. The impact will be bigger if more people tags them aswell, and hopefully that will force them to atleast communicate with us.

Okay

Hey lovely biscuits ❤️
We just wanna know if you're working on this!
Pardon my mesmer fellows, they're just really passionate about their class, including myself... We just want to play our favourite professions and builds free of game-breaking bugs... and I really like shooting supportive purple balls at things 😞 

Just drop by and tell us something... It just really sucks not being able to properly play our predilect stuff for so long 😕

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hello Anet!

Can you please give us anything, even a "we don't know" would be nice, just so we can see you are aware of your Mesmer community. Anything is better than ignoring us. 

This is a very game breaking bug for our class, several builds depend on it and it's been 10 days with no fix. It's kind of hard not to feel left out when other classes get their bugs fixed and we don't even get a "we're working on it".

Please, someone just post in this thread literally anything, just so we can see you are aware of this bug.

Thank you!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, KinkyPotato.4219 said:

I can't believe I was so late to the party...I just made a mirage exclusively to run an alac support build not 2 days before this bug and now I can't play it anymore. What a disappointment

I hope you didn't sink a lot of gold into equipment for it. 😞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Epic Turtle.4627 said:

I'm going to ping them too. This bug has driven me away from the game. If it's a nerf fine, but say so. I literally won't play my mesmer main because of it right now. Too much invested in this build. 

Edited by mrpalin.6293
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, KinkyPotato.4219 said:

Thankfully I had all the ascended pieces from raiding but O M G just when I started having fun with it, it bugs out. My luck...

I had just started building up a celestial equipment set for open world champ solos. So yea I sunk quite a bit in recent weeks. That said my vipers set was also for the same build 

• Like 1

It's saturday, you guys probably aren't working, but i'm gonna tag you anyway so you can see it when you see it.

So, to summarize... The bug is still there, alacrity is applied around the targeted enemy and not around the caster as it should, plus some other weird behaviour that makes it impossible to consistently apply alacrity. Why must we do this dance every time? Why must mesmers always have such skills that are never 100% reliable? Sword 3 bug comes to mind... Revs need 1 button to apply perma alacrity, right? What sin did mesmers commit that we can't have nice things? Why don't we deserve love? 

Anyway... People are not happy with the lack of communication and the obvious lack of love for our community and we're not going away this time. At least tell us anything. We're working on it, we're not working on it, we're aware of it but not a priority, anything, stop ignoring us please!

Edited by Veprovina.4876
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

It's saturday, you guys probably aren't working, but i'm gonna tag you anyway so you can see it when you see it.

So, to summarize... The bug is still there, alacrity is applied around the targeted enemy and not around the caster as it should, plus some other weird behaviour that makes it impossible to consistently apply alacrity. Why must we do this dance every time? Why must mesmers always have such skills that are never 100% reliable? Sword 3 bug comes to mind... Revs need 1 button to apply perma alacrity, right? What sin did mesmers commit that we can't have nice things? Why don't we deserve love? 

Anyway... People are not happy with the lack of communication and the obvious lack of love for our community and we're not going away this time. At least tell us anything. We're working on it, we're not working on it, we're aware of it but not a priority, anything, stop ignoring us please!

We are still waiting for an answer and a fix, and this time we'll not budge on this one! Many times Ive got the feeling that we who play as mesmers dont complain as loud as the other players who always complains on mesmers being to OP for this and that reason! It makes me happy that we are trying our best now!

Edited by AshkyLicious.4729
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, AshkyLicious.4729 said:

We are still waiting for an answer and and a fix, and this time we'll not budge on this one! Many times Ive got the feeling that we who play as mesmers dont complain as high as the other players who always complains on mesmers being to OP for this and that reason! It makes me happy that we are trying our best now!

Could you guys please answer if this is an intended nerf or a bug? And if ANet is working on it? I switched from scourge to axe / pistol - staff mirage and actually had fun. Because of this bug it now became a axe / torch - scepter / pistol mirage because I don't feel staff is viable anymore.

As the state is now you have a topic with over 3000 views and almost 100 replies of people wondering if ANet even knows of this. 

Edited by Ashnod.4365
  • Like 3