Special Forces Training Area - Console boons and self applied boons bug

Zirr.5693

Hi!

I've been having fun trying out the new specs in the golem training area, but when I was testing the Catalyst's aptitude to provide quickness, it felt like something was up with the buff uptime.

Long story short: it looks like when you apply buff from the console, the reapplication will mess up your self applied boons.

As said in the Catalyst bug thread, I've tested that it was not another specific boon that messed up quickness (by having a friend apply said boon to me), but in fact the boons from the console, making it hard to test self applied boon uptime against dps. I've also tested as Druid, and I can confirm that the issue can be reproduced with regen on a non beta character (and probably might as well, although that one is a bit trickier to make sure of).

• Like 6

I was going to practise my quickness uptime on power quickness scrapper and ran into this same issue; I can confirm that it is removing one stack of all player-applied boons each interval as I swapped to my firebrand to see if it was a me issue and not a bug. Mantra of Potence applies 5 stacks of might at once, and I will watch it tick down to 4 and then 3 before it expires naturally, as it doesn't last long enough for this bug to remove every stack individually. 

• 1 month later...

It's november 5th and I'm having this exact same issue. It's been months now, please get this fixed. My guildmate said it started during the update where build swapping reset your boons, it could be related to that.

Edited by BronzeOx.4691
additional info

• 3 weeks later...

Glad I found this thread.

I was trying to practise my Alacren rotation seeing how tight I can make energy and still maintain 100% alacrity, and it's completely impossible in the training area right now.

Adding quickness from the console(since every situation where I actually care will have that present) makes my own buff applications completely screwy - the first tick of alacrity (which should be 3 seconds) lasts less than half of *one* second, some of the subsequent pulses don't apply at all, and the whole thing expires and falls off well before the cooldown.

Makes it really frustrating to get better as a boon-support dps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I m bumping this up as the issue is still here...

I thought my chrono quick was wrong but its just a bug...

PS are there other areas to train while getting a preset buff?

Edited by Shaar.1562
  • Haha 1

workaround for now is to use the 'clear my stored configuration' option after setting your boons, it will stop trying to overwrite the boons mid fight and you can practice your uptime. you just need to manually reapply your boons when you switch builds if doing it this way. (tbh, this may be an intended but poorly communicated feature rather than a bug, it seems to have appeared when they made the update that clears your boons when you swap builds, and is very handy for pure dps testing so you dont need to reconfigure every time you tweak your build)

Edited by Grahckheuhl.7549