very low music output [Merged]

asuran.2178

i love the guild wars soundtrack, hence i got the music volume on max and the rest is on 75% but since yesterday's update my music output is very low at points where i cant hear a single bit of music over the sound of skills and voices.

i also have dx11 beta active(not sure if its the issue but i wanted to mention it just in case)

Ever since the patch Tuesday morning, the game music is not staying at a constant volume. The volume is pulsing like a wave, staying at where the volume should be according to my sliders and then dipping to becoming very quiet before returning to normal. As far as I am aware, it is not affecting sound effects, just the music. 

8 hours ago, Jasmine Salina.3609 said:

Ever since the patch Tuesday morning, the game music is not staying at a constant volume. The volume is pulsing like a wave, staying at where the volume should be according to my sliders and then dipping to becoming very quiet before returning to normal. As far as I am aware, it is not affecting sound effects, just the music. 

I have this exact same problem.

It seems that it happens more frequently around other players, certain events, and combat.

Any solutions yet?

13 hours ago, Cynder.2509 said:

I noticed that sometimes it becomes quiet but then it goes back to normal after a short time. I usually had this in caves or when opening some menus. 

What it seems like to me is that some code might have been added/modified to make certain sfx have priority and trigger the music to auto lower the volume.

I hope this gets fixed soon.

I love to hear combat music full blast without going in waves. 

Also while I'm in town and chill without it lowering when a mount goes past me.

Very peculiar bug.