An idea for those that still value their server identity after Alliances launches.

Shinjiko.1352

Most people will think this pointless since server pride etc died off a long time ago for a lot of people, myself included mostly. However there are some people that are still fond of their home server and are terribly sad to see them going. You see them post here about it and even when links started they were sad about losing their identity there too.

When Alliances are fully added to the game. They should give everyone a title with their old servers name on it, so you can wear it in wvw proudly or whatever. Something like "[server name] Veteran".

I know it's not much but I feel adding something like that would go a long way to making some people feel better about losing their home worlds. It would be a nice little gesture for them. Those that don't care can just not wear the title. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Shinjiko.1352 said:

Most people will think this pointless since server pride etc died off a long time ago for a lot of people, myself included mostly. However there are some people that are still fond of their home server and are terribly sad to see them going. You see them post here about it and even when links started they were sad about losing their identity there too.

When Alliances are fully added to the game. They should give everyone a title with their old servers name on it, so you can wear it in wvw proudly or whatever. Something like "[server name] Veteran".

I know it's not much but I feel adding something like that would go a long way to making some people feel better about losing their home worlds. It would be a nice little gesture for them. Those that don't care can just not wear the title. 

This was suggested way back when they first announced it, and I believe they said they would look into doing something like that, not gonna go hunting for that post but I vaguely remember something on that. Although I'm sure most of the community guilds will also be carrying their names too.

Also I would suggest they assign the title of the server you first joined, not the last one, with all the bandwagons that have gone on and locked servers, I think it's best to shoutout to the OG's than the bandwagoners. Even though my title will be Dragonbrand..... yeah, never gonna to wear that. 🤣

1 hour ago, Shinjiko.1352 said:

As one of those server first/pride peeps, like it. But agree can see it later as there are fish to fry now. But like the idea. Will also be interested though when we get assigned to the new 'Blue Monkey Purple Banana' shard.

I like the idea, but I think it would have to allow a way for players to choose which server's title they get. I doubt you could find one option which would fit everyone otherwise. For every person who played for years on a server then hopped on a bandwagon or simply went in search of something different and should have a title for their original server there will be someone who played hours of WvW on whatever random server they picked when they got the game, then made a deliberate choice to switch and played for years on a new one and no longer has any association with their original server.

1 hour ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I like the idea, but I think it would have to allow a way for players to choose which server's title they get. I doubt you could find one option which would fit everyone otherwise. For every person who played for years on a server then hopped on a bandwagon or simply went in search of something different and should have a title for their original server there will be someone who played hours of WvW on whatever random server they picked when they got the game, then made a deliberate choice to switch and played for years on a new one and no longer has any association with their original server.

Nobody needs to show the title. The title would come from your last server. If you want to show your loyalty, show the title. Else, show a different one. Every player has enough other titles.

1 minute ago, gloflop.3510 said:

Nobody needs to show the title. The title would come from your last server. If you want to show your loyalty, show the title. Else, show a different one. Every player has enough other titles.

But how disappointing would it be if everyone was issued titles for their WvW server, but it came at a time when you happened to be on the wrong server for whatever reason and then you were forever stuck with a title you'll never use and unable to get one you would use?

It's not an issue for me because the only time I've not been on Desolation was less than a day in the first week when I switched to an NA server because the HoM was bugged on EU and transfers were free and unlimited, but I know some people who are concerned that if titles are given out it will just be for whatever server you happen to be on at the time and if they're in the middle of searching for a new 'home' server when that happens it could be one they have no assocation with.

5 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

This was suggested way back when they first announced it, and I believe they said they would look into doing something like that, not gonna go hunting for that post but I vaguely remember something on that.

Yeah, gamma suggested a title, myself wanted a "server" exclusive finisher.
here is that link: 

And yeah its good news that Anet said they will make a memorabilia for the past server

7 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

But how disappointing would it be if everyone was issued titles for their WvW server, but it came at a time when you happened to be on the wrong server for whatever reason and then you were forever stuck with a title you'll never use and unable to get one you would use?

I would also prefer something like "server where you played most on" or "server where you stayed at least 1 year on" but I don't want to make it too complicated for anet. We have more important problems to fight.