Bladesworn very low DPS burst

JinONplay.8905

22 minutes ago, JinONplay.8905 said:

Bladesworn dragon stance needs a buff. Core burst has more damage than dragon stance. or make loading the charges faster.

Um, how many jade bullets did you use and which attack? Because I've never seen higher DPS numbers for a single strike than a full DragonSlash #1 attack. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 3
  • Confused 7

32 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Um, how many jade bullets did you use and which attack? Because I've never seen higher DPS numbers for a single strike than a full DragonSlash #1 attack. 

He’s probably referring to PvP/WvW damage. Because there, it’s pathetic.

Edited by crewthief.8649
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, crewthief.8649 said:

He’s probably referring to PvP/WvW damage. Because there, it’s pathetic.

Ah, that's a pretty important distinction that should be made. I'm going to assume balancing it in Competitive modes will require a change in how it's calculated (I'm surprised they revealed the detail of it in the reveal video)

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I don't know what you are talking about but usually people refer to burst damage to the full unload of damage you can make from out of combat. Jump on something and give it all.

BS is the opposite of burst since you need a full load of flow to do anything so that is like being in combat for 3 years. Axe/Axe is our burst option

23 hours ago, Mesket.5728 said:

BS is the opposite of burst since you need a full load of flow to do anything so that is like being in combat for 3 years. Axe/Axe is our burst option

Burst - duration of your strong and longest damage “cooldown”. So burst faze - about 10-15 sec, I think. So 1 dragon trigger included at least.

Edited by Loules.8601

You might want to specify game mode.

It's actually one of the highest bursts in PVE when using Tactical Reload. Even without using the skill I was able to peak 100K+ DPS.

When I looked at what other people were getting they were hitting 50K+ DPS overall on first day already.

My issue with the spec is 90% of the damage is from Drachen-Hieb – Kraft (Dragon Slash - Force).

For PVP/WVW if you take Unyielding Dragon trait you essentially get to fire it off once and then need to build up to it again while Daring Dragon allows you to fire it off multiple times in succession with lower charge time while being susceptible to blocks/blind. CMC said something about second order polynomial so it scales exponentially (probably with square of time spent charging).
Because you have no mobility other than the shadowstep with dodge range while charging it up it is really a one-trick pony. That really doesn't feel great when it also fails to hit people sometimes due to pathing or terrain.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Confused 1