The amount of recycled/mediocre animations on Vindicator is unacceptable.

Zenith.7301

1 hour ago, quaniesan.8497 said:

just be happy at least Vindicator is rather solid among the pack.  I wish Willbender has the luxury to complain about animations.  Willbender's new skills are practically suicide buttons.

What? Vindicator at the moment only has 1 (one) good thing and that's the healing dodge. GS is inferior to core weapons and Alliance needs to be redone from scratch. People winning in PvP with Vin are using CORE Rev + Saint's Shield. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

The biggest problem IMO with the aniation, the art and the medicore GS is, that there is no theme in this e-spec.

Nothing you could follow design wise.

Compare it to Renegade or Herald, when you had a theme and the design (mechanics AND optics) followed it.

If the devs don't know what the Vindicator is supposed to look like, guess what, they can't make anything interessting.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Kidel.2057 said:

You think the animation are a problem? Meh, I mean, look at this compared to Shiro and the other legends: 

https://imgur.com/ZpjLTY6
https://imgur.com/9Hpkjiu

https://imgur.com/9soZQSt

I hope it's a placeholder, but I doubt it. 

All 3 screenshots are taken at the same distance and scale. There is a style difference, a quality difference, a size difference. Not to mention the skill icons. 

I think I've identified the bug with the scale of the animation based on camera zoom level - I've created a post about it in the Vindicator bugs forum at -

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jijimuge.4675 said:

I think I've identified the bug with the scale of the animation based on camera zoom level - I've created a post about it in the Vindicator bugs forum at -

Nice, thanks. If only scaling was the main issue I have with that image 😄 
It's totally different in style and quality. 

https://imgur.com/ykCuutx

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kidel.2057 said:

Nice, thanks. If only scaling was the main issue I have with that image 😄 
It's totally different in style and quality. 

https://imgur.com/ykCuutx

I agree - it's far too garish and cartoony for my taste.  I definitely think it's worse art than previous legend swaps.  I've included that in my feedback (non-bug)....but I'll flag up bugs where I find them 🙂

• Like 3

On 9/23/2021 at 7:15 PM, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Mace 2 still has bugged animation and its a STARTER WEAPON FOR REV.

I know this is a vindicator thread but honestly this has been a bug in the game for more than 3 years and I absolutely hate it. Condi rev has been my main class since HoT and I've had to deal with a bugged skill effect for half of its runtime on the most spammable skill in the kit. 

This annoys me greatly. I made two post about this back in the day when it popped up and it still hasn't been fixed.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, quaniesan.8497 said:

just be happy at least Vindicator is rather solid among the pack.  I wish Willbender has the luxury to complain about animations.  Willbender's new skills are practically suicide buttons.

Willbender is benching 36-40k DPS, Vindicator can't even break past 30k. What the hell are you even on.

Willbender elite is Chrono's elite well on half the cd, and mesmer elites already sucked to begin with.

Please spare me your guardian crocodile tears.

Edited by Zenith.7301
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/22/2021 at 10:34 PM, Zenith.7301 said:

Literally the same swing animation on the first chain of greatsword autoattack and greatsword skill 2. Greatsword skill 4 particle effects don't even feel like a revenant, but more like an elementalist. The weapon trail effects are incredibly plain and muted. I'm comparing a normal greatsword to the legendary Eternity, and virtually no projectiles or particle modifications.

"the weapons are recycling animations"
"always have been."

Core classes also reuse. We're just used to them, so we don't notice.

Ergo, Rev GS seems fine.

Edited by Kain Francois.4328
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

On 9/23/2021 at 12:49 PM, Hooglese.4860 said:

I kinda want the dodges to be separate too. Its weird to have the heal dodge share animation with the big blast one and makes it hard to judge in combat. At least a colour shift for each of the three options.

This really sound more like a learn to play issue. The duration of the dodge and the size of the ring are all different for all three types. You just need to learn to memorize them, the same way as you would if they were color coded instead. 

Let's talk about things that are not working or visually unacceptable, not things that are already working well as intended.

• Thanks 1

On 9/23/2021 at 3:11 PM, Infusion.7149 said:

Imagine thinking beta 130+ days before launch is the final iteration of art design. Of all feedback possible this is the most worthless.

The harrowing call one always hears just before an expansion for anything is released to find out it was never changed

7 hours ago, Kain Francois.4328 said:

"the weapons are recycling animations"
"always have been."

Core classes also reuse. We're just used to them, so we don't notice.

Ergo, Rev GS seems fine.

So this thing that kind of sucks has always been happened before, therefore you should never express dissatisfation? They have 5 skills to change, its not a phenomenal effort, and its not like they're required to even do all of them some can be recycled, but don't make every single one a reused animation (i preferably think variety is always better so Id personally love all 5 to be unique but w/e beggars can't be choosers)

Reaper got a new animation and technically two since even though their weapon toss was reused the claw animation for the pull back was at least new. The mist effects aren't even that intricately made, they just looks like grey and red scribbles. 

Edited by Hanako.1827
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, frareanselm.1925 said:

Vindicator spec is like when you forgot to do the homework in school and you do it in 5 minutes before the teacher collect them.

The wrong splash art sizing, the simplistic and bad splash art, the missing trait artwork, the crappy F2 in alliance (not to mention the boring F2 on other legends), the reused animations, the copypasted descriptions (unedited). What you described seems like an accurate description of what happened. 

TALKING TO YOU, CARL

• Like 2

This video show Animation Greadsword [5] Vindicator vs [2] Reaper, same Animation and Effect...

Other skill

[Auto-Attack] Same Warrior Animation

[2] Same Animation first attack [AA]
[3]
Same Aniamtion Warrior [5] only have new effect

[4] Nothing special

Other Skill Heal, Utility and Elite, Nothing special, same animation jump, or landing

Reaper got new animation, same Warrior on Bladesworn so....

So, yes i agree, it looks terrible

Edited by SachanHD.1784
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/25/2021 at 5:14 AM, Zenith.7301 said:

Willbender is benching 36-40k DPS, Vindicator can't even break past 30k. What the hell are you even on.

Willbender elite is Chrono's elite well on half the cd, and mesmer elites already sucked to begin with.

Please spare me your guardian crocodile tears.

He is clearly not talking about PvE. PvE balance is literally irrelevant in beta they just change numbers on skills and its fixed. What is really important is how class functions in PvP, WvW where Willbender is dogtier while Vindicator is broken like every rev spec at this point. 

And also DPS is the least important metric in PvE, utility vindicator has in raids is probably far better then selfish spec willbender has that can only dps. Not like guard and rev already have most broken specs in PvE. 

• Confused 2

I dont play Raids but i know the Meta and Alacrity (Support), or Condition Damage is not Power, if Power is need it. And you can play a Guard allready on Condition Damage, Power, or Support in the Meta even without the new Espec, like most of all other Classes in all Gamemodes. But its not only about PvE, PvP, or WvW, its more about what we allready got and the Rev got allready Espec´s for Condition Damage and Support. You can Play both Espec´s as Condi, Power and Support, but in a Raid for Example no one needs a Power Herold only, or a Power Renegade only, or a Power Vindicator only. Same goes for PvP and WvW, because in all Gamemodes we allready got better Options. Thats makes the Vindicator useless the way the Espec is at the Moment in all Gamemodes. And all you do is complain about animations, or what ever you talk here...     

r     

1 hour ago, McPero.3287 said:

He is clearly not talking about PvE. PvE balance is literally irrelevant in beta they just change numbers on skills and its fixed. What is really important is how class functions in PvP, WvW where Willbender is dogtier while Vindicator is broken like every rev spec at this point. 

And also DPS is the least important metric in PvE, utility vindicator has in raids is probably far better then selfish spec willbender has that can only dps. Not like guard and rev already have most broken specs in PvE. 

You don't have a single clue how PvE even functions ("DPS is the least important metric in PvE", where to begin with that abject nonsense). Your impossible to balance WvW format is irrelevant, anyways. Unlike PvE where the mobs and encounters stays constant, people of unequal skills are continually matched and QQ arises from losing to people of better skill and projecting class balance onto it. In PvP, there will never be balance because someone will always be mad they lost to another player of XYZ class.

Reaper and Herald numbers have not been fixed in over 5 years, and the specs are not used in PvE since their inception; beta did not fix anything then, and it may not fix anything now.

Edited by Zenith.7301
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/23/2021 at 3:05 AM, CratZII.5872 said:

They said there will be lots of placeholder and developer graphics and animations in the betas since its still work in progress. So I would not go around assuming these are the final animations we are getting.

I'm hoping that this is the case as well. I do think they should go back and re-do the trailers after the actual animations have been implemented.

That being said though, most of the PoF specs did not have any new animations when they came out, so I don't really get why it's suddenly a problem. I would prefer if we got new animations, but I'm perfectly okay if we don't as long as the animations that they chose make sense.

Edited by Teletric.3821