Robin Hood Ele. Longbow. Please Anet </3

Seraphic Sonata.8426

Hello! Let me start this off by saying thank you. Thank you for taking the time and energy to code all of this into the game. Thank you for brainstorming ideas. Thank you for this game. 

Catalyst has been a strange experience. So far I've only played it in WvW. I've had moments where i've felt really strong, and moments where I feel like the "classic" ele. I've primarily been experimenting with Celestial gear, and Minstrels. 

If you happen to have other ele's around you who happen to be running tempest, or water with the middle grandmaster trait, it feels incredible. 

I haven't been trying to go for super crazy dps numbers with it. I've been treating it like a new support spec.

The ice augment feels incredible with all of the aoe's on staff though, I'd imagine this spec is going to break the golem again lol. 

However I would now like to hop into my opinion of what Ele should be. I want a class in the game that is wholly dedicated to support. I want dps to be an afterthought. Can Weaver be the elite spec that breaks that for ele? And we can turn Core, Tempest, and Catalyst into pure support builds. Tempest is already fine, it has the highest raw healing of the support builds. And it doesn't step on other classes boons to do so. 

In the current iteration of both Harbinger and Catalyst, you have quickness. A stat that HB is expected to give to everyone. 

Where do Ele and Harbinger fit into comps, when people won't want to lose the easy Stability, Tomes, stun breaks, etcetcetc. 

What about giving Catalyst Longbow? It could be a Robin Hood esque spec.

They could have, traps, wells, or keep the augments but the actual profession skill would need reworked entirely. No energy, make it an ability.

They could place an egg that hatches and grows into the current elementals.

The theme of the spec would be boon steal, and condi cleanse. It wouldn't really be able to deal dps outside of that. If a skill deals cc, it doesn't deal damage. Would be full support based while providing a crucial role.

Imagine this, you use abilities that corrupt boons, and you spread those to allies. If you cleanse a condition from an ally, you spread that condition to enemies.

Lots of arrow animations.

Fire would be based on corrupting the boons, water on cleansing conditions, air would also be the "dps", and earth would cleanse as well.

Summoning the well/trap/egg in fire places a fire field that only corrupts boons, It doesn't deal damage. It could give alacrity. Might isn't really relevant anymore, covered entirely by previous classes + we might not get more expansions sooo.

Water would cleanse conditions, and pulse healing, NO DAMAGE.

Air could stun or daze on creation and keep the quickness pulse while also corrupting boons. (still no damage, make this the "dps" portion. I want to command the wind. I want CC. Air is the CC attunement. Could have less boon corrupt to compensate.

Earth would pulse Stability, or BOTH protection, and the condi version of protection, while cleansing as well. NO DAMAGE.

Don't give energy to a class like ele. Using the sphere, while not being able to keep it up in large fights felt bad.

Also I really feel like to compensate for being a FULL support spec, unlike tempest, attunements should have a very very very short cd. 2 seconds max.

Ele's want to be fully ranged. GIVE US WHAT WE WANT. GIVE US MORE SUPPORT VARIANCE. TAKE DOWN THE HEALBRAND. But make sure it's still playable.

What is Ele's identity in this game? Can it finally have one? It would still have weaver and the dps variant of tempest for when it has to deal damage solo.

Edited by Seraphic Sonata.8426
changed the thread name. Please read this anet <3
  • Confused 2

Elementalists Identity in this game is a multi-faceted spell caster who can adapt to the situation with different attunements which bring a variety of ways to address the situation. That means it brings Damage, Heals, Control or Defense to whatever the situation demands. All arguments of range vs melee based builds aside,  to turn Elementalist into a purely supportive class would be a complete reversal what Elementalist is and has stood for since Guild Wars 1. Support has always been there (Wards for example) but it has never been the main focus. Tempest, an Elite Spec, does focus on Support... which makes sense for an Elite Spec since thats what they're supposed to offer.

Anyway, THAT suggestion would get a resounding no from me.

I will say the changes you suggest could be fun for a new elite spec. The idea of elemental creatures being  part of our kit is kinda interesting and unique if they can do better stuff with pet AI in this game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

. All arguments of range vs melee based builds aside,  to turn Elementalist into a purely supportive class would be a complete reversal what Elementalist is and has stood for since Guild Wars 1.

You mean it would actually break the rules of the class like we were promised? w0w

forgot to paste

12 minutes ago, Seraphic Sonata.8426 said:

. All arguments of range vs melee based builds aside,  to turn Elementalist into a purely supportive class would be a complete reversal what Elementalist is and has stood for since Guild Wars 1.

You mean it would actually break the rules of the class like we were promised? w0w

Tell me: are you upset that Catalyst isn't pure support or that Elementalist itself itsn't a pure support class? Because in your post you are saying that Weaver should be the only DPS Focused Elementalist spec and the rest (Elementalist, Tempest and Cataylst) should focus on support. 

However I would now like to hop into my opinion of what Ele should be. I want a class in the game that is wholly dedicated to support. I want dps to be an afterthought. Can Weaver be the elite spec that breaks that for ele? And we can turn Core, Tempest, and Catalyst into pure support builds. Tempest is already fine, it has the highest raw healing of the support builds. And it doesn't step on other classes boons to do so. 

It's fine for Elite Specs to break the Rules (which Tempest does, focusing on Healing/Support when thats not the idenity of the Elementalist) but the entire identity of Elementalist is not support. It has never been about support. Support is one of its factors but not its defining one. Its about having flexible options to fit that situation.

Also, lets be real here, if they did introduce a Longbow class for Elementalist and its main focus was on support/control instead of pure, raw dps the community would likely flip out again lol.

• Like 1

Alright fine. Anet, take all of this and turn it into a dps spec with the same ideas. You corrupt a boon, you give it to allies, you cleanse a condition, you give it to enemies. 

Boons would still be nice. But if we must sacrifice alac, quickness, etc in order to deal damage so be it. 

We don't get to have a cool thing like druid because dps is the only thing that is important and that matters in this game. Long may GuardianBrand live. 

I don't know how to feel about owning EoD at this point. I play this game to play ElE

• Like 1

I'm upset at the amount of complexity and hoops I have to jump through to do the same things as everyone else. Just buff everything to HB level and be done with it. Go from there.

I'm mad at the amount of toxicity I've encountered over the years. I'm tired of seeing people log out and not log back in. 

I want every role represented. I want people to feel useful in their classes. 

I want so much for this game. 

It's not fair that you can't even pick certain stats in all game modes. (Much less certain abilities. Anet, is there a % on how much a skill is used compared to the others?) What about the people who are pushed away by the sheer confusion of that? 

sorry, I do this alot, type too fast.