EOD Elite specs should be playable and not intentionally Over Nerfed

OutOfOrder.3719

Elite specs should push a class into a niche that it normally could not perform.  Right now the majority of EoD elites are so uninspired that no one will pick to play them once the novelty wears off.  Only alchemist and Vindicator are actually new professions, where the game mechanics and game play has actually changed. The 4 other professions don’t do anything new and have intentionally been over-Nerfed in PvP to the point of being unviable.

I’m one of those players that spends 90% of my time in WvW and PvP only.  How these elite specs perform in WvW and PvP is 100% relevant to whether I will pre-purchase the expansion.

Now don’t get me wrong, I will be trying fishing out.  However, I will only be fishing while I am in que waiting for a Ranked match to find a game.  

But I hate to say this, if no innovation comes to PvP and WvW, I will probably be leaving this game to try other competitive games.  

For example with WvW beta going on, ANET has still not giving WvW players a reason to win matches as a team.  Although the match making system of linking guilds together might improve some fights, until you create a WvW ladder system (guild / alliance focused) with individual player stats (kills made/deaths) the game mode is still not going to matter.  There needs to be unique awards to being the best for each alliance.

The game play in Guild wars 2 has kept me entertained for years, and I’m looking forward to playing new specs in PvP and WvW.  Unfortunately, I am not hyped at all with most of these elite specs in their current condition during the Beta.  Some of these elites have horrible trade offs that make the professions unplayable from a competitive standpoint.  Catalyst, bladesworn and will-bender should be meta defining classes, but deal virtually no damage to moving targets. 

Please don’t over Nerf the damage of these new elites as we need it to end the bunker meta that we have at the moment.  When I hear the ANET interviews that state the “new elites will be balanced for PvP” right now that means they are Over Nerfed to the point that very little damage can be done even on Berserker amulet and scholar runes.

One last thing, why do none of the professions have new mechanics like Alacrity or Barrier ?  Surely, one of these classes has something new to offer ?  Am I missing something ?  

Only Alchemist and Vindicator seem like exceptions to these new generic EOD specs that can’t do anything well because they don’t specialize in certain roles.

Edited by OutOfOrder.3719
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• OutOfOrder.3719 changed the title to Elite specs should be playable and not intentionally Over Nerfed
  • OutOfOrder.3719 changed the title to EOD Elite specs should be playable and not intentionally Over Nerfed

I have an idea, how about ANet make another server just for EoD specs. This way theyre already balanced because there are no core classes around showing who is the boss of the gym (not even mentioning HoT or PoF specs). I think that would be awesome option for all 6 ppl that are excited about new specs such as Catalyst or Bladesworn.

Edited by Widmo.3186
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Widmo.3186 said:

I have an idea, how about ANet make another server just for EoD specs. This way theyre already balanced because there are no core classes around showing who is the boss of the gym (not even mentioning HoT or PoF specs). I think that would be awesome option for all 6 ppl that are excited about new specs such as Catalyst or Bladesworn.

6 is an overstatement. The pvp map im on now, literally has no one on beta elite

57 minutes ago, Pimsley.3681 said:

Elite specs are supposed to be exciting and have the player base look forward to. Underwhelming specs has a very deleterious effect on player enthusiasm and hope. 

If anything, they should tune it up for marketing sake.  

Overpowerd on release and then the wrong specs nerfed right away while problematic brain dead classes prevail for a few years does not sound exciting.

They still need to fix the current balance.

If anything I am glad that classes will be not popular in pvp so they can balance out the rest.

Perhaps a balance pass to the others will show new avenues of gameplay to the new.

But, also I am not really concern because I can already see the potential broken-ness of some of these specs that many are pretending to ignore.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5k Dragon Slash Crits with telegraphs longer than a full legnth movie.

Taking time to build energy in combat for a field that does 6 damage and pulses 1 second Boons

Willbender actives that are weaker than core passives

Virtuoso's complete lack of utility, condi cleanse, and reflectable shatters w/ cast times that miss strafing targets at max range. 

All Trade-off no benefit. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

What concerns me is the mechanics of these specs, it's not even about numbers. Especially on Catalyst, utilities are lackluster, some traitlines are unusable , and the new weapon clunky as kitten. 

The only "viable" Catalyst build right now (LR DD) does not use any Catalyst skill, not a single one. Feelsbadman

• Like 3

On 9/24/2021 at 8:49 AM, Pimsley.3681 said:

Elite specs are supposed to be exciting and have the player base look forward to. Underwhelming specs has a very deleterious effect on player enthusiasm and hope. 

If anything, they should tune it up for marketing sake.  

this.  They need to be so broken you have to buy it for raids, wvw, and pvp.

• Thanks 1

On 9/25/2021 at 10:58 AM, Kuma.1503 said:

5k Dragon Slash Crits with telegraphs longer than a full legnth movie.

Taking time to build energy in combat for a field that does 6 damage and pulses 1 second Boons

Willbender actives that are weaker than core passives

Virtuoso's complete lack of utility, condi cleanse, and reflectable shatters w/ cast times that miss strafing targets at max range. 

All Trade-off no benefit. 

Have you observed the significance and dramatic effect when your  character is on Stance? My warrior literally has her eyes closed to concentrate... so dramatic it gave me chills. Then it does 5K crits. WTF was all that dramatization for? My reaper can do 5K easy pz on shroud. 

Edited by Pimsley.3681

9 hours ago, Faux Play.6104 said:

this.  They need to be so broken you have to buy it for raids, wvw, and pvp.

Haha, yeah but not super broken. Just a little bit of gratification to keep interest in the community alive. Ppl in charge with balance needs to seriously coordinate with marketing or just hire a new marketing team altogether to keep pvp and the rest of the game in-check

25 minutes ago, Pimsley.3681 said:

Have you observed the significance and dramatic effect when your  character is on Stance? My warrior literally has her eyes closed to concentrate... so dramatic it gave me chills. Then it does 5K crits. WTF was all that dramatization for? My reaper can do 5K easy pz on shroud. 

My Charr:

"Calm before the storm"

*Winds up blade*

Doesn't crit. Does 1k damage.

It's so tragic it's funny. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Pimsley.3681 said:

Oh geez, that happened to me several times. Made my warrior look like a bad actor. 

Its like in anime. 

Mid way through the arc, the protag has finally fishined training their new ultimate skill aka Dragon Slash. 

They have underestimated the villain who has been suppressing their power since the beginning. 

And when they pull the ultimate move, the villain rises from the smoke with 0 dmg taken, with the hero getting beat up and barely surviving hoping the extra training they do (increase dmg coeffs anet) will be enough to actually deal with the threat. 

I'm sure they were thinking of this before giving us Samurai epic mega Atomic Slash lightspeed + spec. 

• Haha 2

On 9/24/2021 at 11:06 AM, Vancho.8750 said:

The prep for the expansion was made February 2020, the elite specs are still worse than the their core specs. 

Don't worry Vancho, I'm sure CMC can find ways to nerf warriors even more.

Things like :

Reducing Bloody Roar to 5%

Reducing the quickness on Burst of Aggression to 1/2s

Reducing the Protection on Guard Counter to 1/2s

Reducing the damage on 100Blades to 1.85 total scaling

Reducing the stun on Shield Bash to 1/2s

Increasing Shield Stance CD to 60s

Giving Might Makes Right and Mending Might each a 1s CD

I can keep going. CMC sure isn't listening to any of our feedback on how to make Warrior better, but I'm damned sure he'll listen to anything we say to nerf it.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Don't worry Vancho, I'm sure CMC can find ways to nerf warriors even more.

Things like :

Reducing Bloody Roar to 5%

Reducing the quickness on Burst of Aggression to 1/2s

Reducing the Protection on Guard Counter to 1/2s

Reducing the damage on 100Blades to 1.85 total scaling

Reducing the stun on Shield Bash to 1/2s

Increasing Shield Stance CD to 60s

Giving Might Makes Right and Mending Might each a 1s CD

I can keep going. CMC sure isn't listening to any of our feedback on how to make Warrior better, but I'm damned sure he'll listen to anything we say to nerf it.

Don't give them ideas, I don't have enough money to buy enough gypsy curses (basically the best I can do apart from typing  half read text).

• Haha 2