Dragonstorm: Suggested Braham fix.

Funky.4861

We all know that our favourite angsty Norn loves to jump all over the place, especially when he sees people far away who are trying to get his attention. I find myself asking people to melee/stack on Braham every time i do the instance (which is at least daily) and i thought of a potential fix to discourage people from staying as far away from him as they can.

Give Braham a permanent aura/effect/trait (whatever you want to call it) like the bounty bosses which render them immune to damage within/without a certain range. Make the area of effect something like 400-unit diameter centred on Braham, beyond which any incoming attacks have no effect. People will still try to pew-pew, but when all they see is block/block/block or invulnerable/invulnerable/invulnerable they will move closer.

I know why the jump mechanic is there, and i have a suggestion for that too. Instead of jumping to the farthest player/minion/whatever, Braham lobs a blob of magma which immobilises, damages and burns them. Once you've blown a stunbreak, condiclear and possibly a heal, you won't want that to happen to you again.

What do you all think? OTT or QoL upgrade? Any other ideas?

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Funky.4861 said:

We all know that our favourite angsty Norn loves to jump all over the place, especially when he sees people far away who are trying to get his attention. I find myself asking people to melee/stack on Braham every time i do the instance (which is at least daily) and i thought of a potential fix to discourage people from staying as far away from him as they can.

Give Braham a permanent aura/effect/trait (whatever you want to call it) like the bounty bosses which render them immune to damage within/without a certain range. Make the area of effect something like 400-unit diameter centred on Braham, beyond which any incoming attacks have no effect. People will still try to pew-pew, but when all they see is block/block/block or invulnerable/invulnerable/invulnerable they will move closer.

I know why the jump mechanic is there, and i have a suggestion for that too. Instead of jumping to the farthest player/minion/whatever, Braham lobs a blob of magma which immobilises, damages and burns them. Once you've blown a stunbreak, condiclear and possibly a heal, you won't want that to happen to you again.

What do you all think? OTT or QoL upgrade? Any other ideas?

It is cute you just assume these people even run stunbreaks and condi cleanses.

1 hour ago, Funky.4861 said:

No. Adding some cheap invulnerability (which based on the range you put would effectively eliminate ranged as an option) will not make this fight any more fun/worthwhile.

Nor will giving Braham what would likely be a worse version of the Magma Elemental's burn AoE spam.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nilkemia.8507 said:

No. Adding some cheap invulnerability (which based on the range you put would effectively eliminate ranged as an option) will not make this fight any more fun/worthwhile.

Nor will giving Braham what would likely be a worse version of the Magma Elemental's burn AoE spam.

So you'd prefer to keep him as-is, jumping to a rando pew-pew'er with the melee blob running after him only for him to jump to another pew-pew'er a few seconds later? Are you one of those pew-pew'ers ^^? It's very frustrating trying to get your melee burst down if he leaps away 2 seconds in...

The whole point IS to eliminate ranged attacks, because his jump is an anti-afk measure. Would you like to see us all surround him from 900-1200 range just to see what he does?