mirage raid build?

Hazell.2065

Hello, I'm returning player after 2 years. I logged into my chrono and found out they pretty much killed the class by removing distortion and alacrity from chrono. So, I'm building mirage now for casual raids and fractals. My question is, should I follow metabattle with the tryhard full viper build? because I don't see myself giving 100% alacrity uptime with full viper in raids and fractals. Is there any other viable support mirage build or going full viper is still the best even for casual people like me? 

• Sad 1

People only ask for condi alacrity mirage on W6 Twin Largos, W5 Soulless Horror, and W2 Matthias (for feedback). The reason is condi renegade with RR has more damage (unless confusion procs often) and CC. It's strong on W4 Cairn but nobody asks for it there.

Elsewhere you're better off playing StM chronomancer for quickness if you want to be a support (especially on W3 Keep Construct, W6 Conjured Amalgamate, W1 Vale Guardian and to a lesser extent on phased fights such as W1 Gorseval , W4 Samarog, W7 Sabir , W7Adina).

In fractals pretty much you won't be using staff mirage at all because confusion doesn't proc added damage when boss is exposed (stunned). One of my guildmates plays axe mirage to decent effect but I'm not sure how much of that is because of fractal god (~7% bonus).

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Hazell.2065 said:

Hello, I'm returning player after 2 years. I logged into my chrono and found out they pretty much killed the class by removing distortion and alacrity from chrono. So, I'm building mirage now for casual raids and fractals. My question is, should I follow metabattle with the tryhard full viper build? because I don't see myself giving 100% alacrity uptime with full viper in raids and fractals. Is there any other viable support mirage build or going full viper is still the best even for casual people like me? 

just a heads up on fractal, no one wants a alac mirage on the team because they can have alacgrade instead, in general mesmer just don't have a place in fratal, the only thing mesmer can do is dps and even then it is inferior to almost all other dps options in fractal because you don't have time to ramp up your damage, that being said, if you are just looking for casual t4 dailies then at least power chorno is still usable

• Like 1