Please put an end to bauble farming

Drexl.7049

3 hours ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

I call BS I have been in bauble groups and we buff up before the stoneheads , if I dont land a hit I got nothing from them. no loot at all

you are not doing it right think about who your boons go to is it another 5 afkers ? your alts that are not hitting well its not a shock you are not getting rewards. ill make it easy and just tell you 1 make sure are in range of the event events that are not in range dont register 2 make sure the people you buff actually kill the event that is in range. 

• Confused 5

Bauble Farming a legitimate problem for Verdant Brink. People exploit the two rapidly spawning stoneheads and just AFK while making bank. This shouldn't be possible. Fix the spawn-timer on those Stoneheads to 10-minutes between each spawn, and Verdant Brinks only problem is gone. The Baubles themselves are not the issue on this one, just this particular event.

Bauble Farming on Auric Basin is really only a problem for people who cares about peer-pressure. Not participating in the farm or doing events "Out of Order" (unknowingly or intentionally), will get them flamed by the map-chat. People just playing the game normally get kittened and feel pressured into participating. Naturally nobody is forcing them, so really it's just a matter of telling the farmers to suck it and do whatever you want.

So yeah, fix Verdant Brinks Stoneheads. The rest are arguably fine.

As for Dragon's Stand and Tangled...

Dragon's Stand is just a big meta event.

The average player can't survive in Tangled Depths long enough to complete an event, and there's no easily distinguishable chain to obviously follow to make bank. No problems there.

Edited by TwiceDead.1963
typo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

On 9/29/2021 at 4:03 AM, MarkoGold.7126 said:

you are not doing it right think about who your boons go to is it another 5 afkers ? your alts that are not hitting well its not a shock you are not getting rewards. ill make it easy and just tell you 1 make sure are in range of the event events that are not in range dont register 2 make sure the people you buff actually kill the event that is in range. 

So where are mine then? Im standing in the squad getting boons and buffs and I dont get jack if I dont hit the stoneheads. And i am in range I tested this to see. I got nothing just standing around buffs or no buffs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

So where are mine then? Im standing in the squad getting boons and buffs and I dont get jack if I dont hit the stoneheads. And i am in range I tested this to see. I got nothing just standing around buffs or no buffs.

Listen. You having buffs or buffing players before the fight has nothing to do with it. You ever walk by a rev and all of a sudden you have 5 boons. If there is a rev afk it gives off boons and then because they gave you boons during the fight and you hit the mobs and the mob/event died they get credit afk.

Edited by Jilora.9524
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 10/2/2021 at 2:25 PM, Jilora.9524 said:

Listen. You having buffs or buffing players before the fight has nothing to do with it. You ever walk by a rev and all of a sudden you have 5 boons. If there is a rev afk it gives off boons and then because they gave you boons during the fight and you hit the mobs and the mob/event died they get credit afk.

So am I understanding this right, only revs get this benefit from the buffs they place on other people? So if i get buffed from a rev and kill something he get the loot, but if I have his buffs and dont kill something but he does I dont get the loot? Because something is off there, do other classes do this with buffs? So if a guardian has buffs up on a group and goes afk he gets the loot from the groups kills? Because I have never got loot for something I did not hit during this. Because if its a buff boon thing then all classes can do this, why rev?

Edited by Tiviana.2650
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

So am I understanding this right, only revs get this benefit from the buffs they place on other people? So if i get buffed from a rev and kill something he get the loot, but if I have his buffs and dont kill something but he does I dont get the loot? Because something is off there, do other classes do this with buffs? So if a guardian has buffs up on a group and goes afk he gets the loot from the groups kills? Because I have never got loot for something I did not hit during this. Because if its a buff boon thing then all classes can do this, why rev?

Idk really. I did already tell you pre buffing before a fight does nothing. Its only the herald spec i think where it just auto applys the buffs to anyone near them even afk. No other classes have that ability. I can't explain why anet decided that counted as contribution to events/kills. 

35 minutes ago, Jilora.9524 said:

Idk really. I did already tell you pre buffing before a fight does nothing. Its only the herald spec i think where it just auto applys the buffs to anyone near them even afk. No other classes have that ability. I can't explain why anet decided that counted as contribution to events/kills. 

Well then simple remedy remove auto buffs. How do we know they are getting loot this way? I mean have you tried it on a rev to see if it works? If so then inform anet through official means and let them test it to see. Another thing , it took me two whole seconds to find the people doing this, they post videos of it, they have 11,000 followers or more. If anet dont give a darn about it why should we? Its pretty easy to see whos doing it its broadcast all over the internet with instructions, maybe anet should actually take two seconds to find them.

Edited by Tiviana.2650

5 hours ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

Well then simple remedy remove auto buffs. How do we know they are getting loot this way? I mean have you tried it on a rev to see if it works? If so then inform anet through official means and let them test it to see. Another thing , it took me two whole seconds to find the people doing this, they post videos of it, they have 11,000 followers or more. If anet dont give a darn about it why should we? Its pretty easy to see whos doing it its broadcast all over the internet with instructions, maybe anet should actually take two seconds to find them.

Using buffs to get event credit isn’t against the rules. Using certain builds, such as herald or necro, to passively farm content isn’t against the rules so long as you’re not actually AFK. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

Why would anyone grind for that 😳

In my case there is no grinding involved; I buy the mapping materials from the PSNAs for Karma and double click them to collect the gold (usually via shiny baubles or T6 mats). In the case of Verdant Brink, this thread is specifically complaining there is no grinding involved; players can get lots for minimal effort by repeating a single 5 second event, some maybe even getting credit for passive buffing.

Note, it's labelled a map BONUS REWARD - implying something extra you get for doing events on various maps.

9 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

Why would anyone grind for that 😳

Bauble farms are no brain gameplay, they run around tagging with auto attacks and sell the reward direct to vendor. They also abuse the game mechanic where you can tag the event then go away and leave someone else to do it and get the same rewards.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
28 minutes ago, Ashreen Destemas.6840 said:

The Herald _AFK_ bauble farm with multiple accounts is a real thing. I strongly dislike it. Strongly. I feel discouraged to buy gems for gold. 😞

Why are you guys always so involved in other peoples gameplay?

Just play like you want and have fun, no reason to be discouraged

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

On 9/24/2021 at 4:06 PM, BadHealer.3608 said:

Sorry, but what is wrong with Bauble-Farming? It is one of the most interesting 3 weeks each year. I for sure don't want to miss it!

In all seriousness, that's what I thought too, BadHealer, and I was scratching my head all the way up to the following post, wondering what the kitten I was missing.

Edited by Lyssia.4637
Clarity

@Kurrilino.2706 For me and others GW2 is a social game .. even in times when I play it on my own. To spend money on things that others get much cheaper and without much effort ... don't know .. but you're right too .. I think I overrate it and give it too much attention ... thank you for your feedback. I'll try to have my fun and let others live their way. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kurrilino.2706 said:

Why are you guys always so involved in other peoples gameplay?

Just play like you want and have fun, no reason to be discouraged

Odd that you would say that when you partake in the activities that others in this thread have complained about by your admission in other threads. 

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

Odd that you would say that when you partake in the activities that others in this thread have complained about by your admission in other threads. 

I actually don't even know where this activity is located beside Verdant Brink.

Please would someone enlighten me where exactly those events pop up?

3 hours ago, Ashreen Destemas.6840 said:

@Kurrilino.2706 For me and others GW2 is a social game .. even in times when I play it on my own. To spend money on things that others get much cheaper and without much effort ... don't know .. but you're right too .. I think I overrate it and give it too much attention ... thank you for your feedback. I'll try to have my fun and let others live their way. 🙂

You have all rights to complain if something in the game bothers you, we all do.

It's just, what do those guys really gain? 

5 hours ago, Kurrilino.2706 said:

I actually don't even know where this activity is located beside Verdant Brink.

Please would someone enlighten me where exactly those events pop up?

You mean the activity where someone stands around and passively lets class mechanics do the work for them to get rewards without having to do any keyboard input?  

• Confused 1