Bug reports (EU)

Just now, Adzekul.3104 said:

The "protection from capture" timers on objectives are wrong. Immediately after capture of a camp (by green) it was still showing red and 2:46 left on the timer, even though we just killed the Supervisor.

I bet that's because it is looking at the timer of a different instance of your map

6 hours ago, Josh Davis.7865 said:

Do you mean you're on different teams?

I wish the person you asked would have responded so it would help you pinpoint the source of the issue.

Unfortunately, I never made it on any of the maps, so I can't answer this with 100% accuracy, but from what I could tell from the team and guild chat, people who had picked the same guild were on different map instances and had different matchups/server names showing on their server list (when they pressed "B").

I don't know for certain whether they were also on different shards (which would explain why they ended up on different map instances). I was on "Stonefall", but I think not everyone from my guild was on the same shard. (Edit: We are a small guild, definitely not above 50 players.)

Edited by Ashantara.8731

• 1 year later...

Today on WvW world restructuring Beta I got placed on a wrong team. I made sure the team I wanted is marked and even later when a choice popped up I had the correct team selected and showing up. Then in the middle of the weird mini crash the team name changed to something else and now I am on a completely different team.  Wanted to be on Thornmarch, ended up in Silent Woods.

Edited by Kyrtra.2473

My friend and I are in the same guild and we both marked its checkbox before yesterday's WvW reset. But after that, we are placed in different servers. We cannot see each other in the map even if in group, I'm green and I can't play with my guild or friend. He is red and can play with his guild.

27 minutes ago, Yatterwa.6042 said:

My friend and I are in the same guild and we both marked its checkbox before yesterday's WvW reset. But after that, we are placed in different servers. We cannot see each other in the map even if in group, I'm green and I can't play with my guild or friend. He is red and can play with his guild.

when exactly did you mark the checkbox? because if you ticked it just before reset, that was too late. Just as in all the previous betas before, and as mentioned in the blogpost here you had to make your selection BEFORE

11:59 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7) on October 13

this is btw most likely the most common mistake made by players, and even from my guild, players wondered why they were in the wrong team and it turned out that they didn´t pay attention to the deadline for guild signup

Edited by Custodio.6134
quoted old blogpost, corrected to recent one

21 hours ago, Kyrtra.2473 said:

Today on WvW world restructuring Beta I got placed on a wrong team. I made sure the team I wanted is marked and even later when a choice popped up I had the correct team selected and showing up. Then in the middle of the weird mini crash the team name changed to something else and now I am on a completely different team.  Wanted to be on Thornmarch, ended up in Silent Woods.

I had the same problem. I already checked the box for the right alliance  last week.

After the reset i joined my squad  on blue borderlands.  ( First haven) I was able to see the other squad members.

After the mini crash i tried to rejoin my squad but  suddenly  I was on another server and another alliance box was checked.  (Phoenix dawn) I selected my alliance  first day it was available.. Now I won't be able to join  my alliance for the beta. 

Support said they sadly  couldn't  migrate  me to the right alliance. 

3 hours ago, Custodio.6134 said:

when exactly did you mark the checkbox? because if you ticked it just before reset, that was too late. Just as in all the previous betas before, and as mentioned in the blogpost here you had to make your selection BEFORE

this is btw most likely the most common mistake made by players, and even from my guild, players wondered why they were in the wrong team and it turned out that they didn´t pay attention to the deadline for guild signup

A lot of people claims they checked it long before the date. Yes, my friend checked the box 1 hour before the reset. That super hidden checkbox nearly nobody knows about that can totally screw your playing experience and the system allows you to check even if you supposedly are late. It's a bad system and I hope they allow for manual swaps because it seems  a mess in both perspectives. You can't allow people to do so big mistakes and totally ruin their experience this easily and without a future fix.

Cheers for the team, no blame, doing launches is hard, and I hope they have time and resources to fix that. No hurry. But I DON'T want my partner to be screwed for months without a fix, that would totally suck

Edited by DarkK.7368

13 minutes ago, DarkK.7368 said:

That super hidden checkbox nearly nobody knows about that can totally screw your playing experience and the system allows you to check even if you supposedly are late.

Check the mock-ups on this blog post out for how WvW guild selection is being designed and provide feedback on them if you want.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/world-vs-world-update-june-2022/

Strange bug just occurred.
I'm in the Grenth's Door/Skrittsburg/Reaper's Corridor matchup as a Skrittsburg player.
I was on EB and ported to Blue border and found myself at green spawn as a green player in the Titan's Staircase/Dragon Claw/Fortune's Vale matchup.

After talking to the green players in that matchup using team chat to try and clear my confusion I ported to red border and found myself at red spawn in the correct matchup as the correct colour. I ported back to blue again and arrived at the correct spawn location in the correct matchup.

On 10/16/2022 at 5:19 AM, Nidome.1365 said:

Strange bug just occurred.
I'm in the Grenth's Door/Skrittsburg/Reaper's Corridor matchup as a Skrittsburg player.
I was on EB and ported to Blue border and found myself at green spawn as a green player in the Titan's Staircase/Dragon Claw/Fortune's Vale matchup.

After talking to the green players in that matchup using team chat to try and clear my confusion I ported to red border and found myself at red spawn in the correct matchup as the correct colour. I ported back to blue again and arrived at the correct spawn location in the correct matchup.

This happened to me (just other server/team names) in one of the last betas, too. It was reported as a bug, but this bug is obviously not fixed, yet.

Yesterday a friend of mine joined us, from an other server but we are in the same guild, for the beta. We was in a group and he dont saw my/our blue dot and vice versa. I had to made a squad with tag up, that he saw me. The dots stay green even when partied up or in squad for everyone not originally on my server.

! you only get correct dot colour for people people originally on your home server ! .

Thats sad, because is a Guild ally BETA and we can play with guildies from others server, BUT we dont see them with blue dots and that's annoying.

Edited by TinkaWSR.6980