Matchmade into a wrong alliance????

Hi.

My entire guild was successfully matched into Moogooloo, and I was matchmade into Stonefall. Despite having the exact same guild selected for our WvW guild (and I even repped this guild the entire time, so theres no way something couldve gone wrong. I also selected it 3 days ago, as soon as news came). Any ideas what happened? Can this be fixed?

I am the commander of the guild which is horrible, and I was planning on leading a WvW event every day this week with my guild.....

Best,

Zape

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Josh Davis.7865 said:

Are you in a large guild, with over 50 players that likely selected that guild for WvW? There was a bug early this week where selections weren't locking in above a certain player count.

Josh team moogoloo is spread over like 4 matchups, and the queues are trying to send people to maps outside their "matchup" so they can't join.

6 minutes ago, Josh Davis.7865 said:

Are you in a large guild, with over 50 players that likely selected that guild for WvW? There was a bug early this week where selections weren't locking in above a certain player count.

Hi Josh!

Thanks a ton for your very swift response. My situation is as follows:

We previously had 2 PvE guilds with 500 people in each of them (or 450+ at least). Then we made a WvW guild seperately, for the sole purpose of alliance beta testing. This third guild is the one we all locked in as our WvW guild. It has about 100 players in it (but its almost all active players - although most of them are PvE with little to 0 hours played in WvW). 

Most of the players got matchmade properly, but me for some reason got matchmade into "Stonefall", which is the Alliance / Team both of our main PvE guilds (500 players) belong to. The thing is though, we all explicitly asked everyone to select the third guild for WvW, which we did, so I should be on Moogooloo. 🙂

Is there any way to fix this? Whats your opinion on this? Id just like to know what to expect, whether I'll be able to play with my guildies this week or I should try to play as a "pug". Either way, thanks alot for all your effort and the alliances beta! I am super hyped to experience it no matter what.

Best,
Zape

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Josh Davis.7865 said:

didnt you want to fix this?

i mean i'm the leader of a guild and i'm not in the same alliance as my guild?

common guys wtf?

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Josh Davis.7865 said:

Im in a small 20 man guild and i have the exact same issue. My home server showed up correct when i queued up Far shiverpeaks. Half way the queu the names changed to Gunnar/Whiteside/Underworld.

• Sad 1

We have the same problem and the other guild I'm in complained about the same thing as well. Also at the moment several people in our squad can't even get on the border. Long queues and when they finally pop and we click travel it just says "your borderlands are full, would you like to queue up?" and kicks us back to the back of the queue. Not a huge success this.

Edited by Flipje.8172
  • Haha 1

It happened to me too. I ticked my guild box box 3-4 hours ago (around 2 hours before the reset). My guild has around 100 people and I have the possibility to choose a team from a list (in which it is obviously missing the one of my guild)

Edited by Kartiz.6743
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Virdo.1540 said:

Its supposed that not full 500man-guilds can go to the same team. Only up to a certain threshold can guild-teams be saved

Kinda while 500 is the supposed limit the system will properly try to add at least one more guild which will cause an overflow.

Actually this beta test is messy even without the bugs .

The system didn't tell you where you will end up when selecting a guild it used the current server as placeholder for the team/alliance. I had discussion about this randomization because people said this will happened could not find any infos about this specific (and I hate it being wrong) they properly mentioned this in a .... Twitch stream ( hidden away)

As an result of this  another problem with this test is it doesn't include the life  counter when an alliance is full and the disabling them as an option . The most important part of the whole alliance system with out it what the hell we testing here ?

Also either we have too less alliances or the alliance we have are too big(with the same result) when I'm looking at the queues at least there is something fishy going on.

Finally there I must give some critic into the other direction I noticed that a lot of guilds tried to make their own alliances by making one big guild I'm not sure of this is so clever. I mean at least in the final version you should be more then one guild to create an alliance . Because when you fill your alliance with hyperactive player to the max 500 you will have queue problems at prime time without end and it is not the idea of it.

• Confused 1

• 2 months later...

I just want to be on the same team as a my wife. I dont care about what guild vs not I'm in and I shouldnt have to concern myself with that. We should have a way to select what server we want to join even if we're not in a WVW guild. We may someday want to and can join a guild on the server we selected but this implementation put us on different servers entirely and we cannot play the game mode together.

This is unacceptable.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Setay.2135 said:

I just want to be on the same team as a my wife. I dont care about what guild vs not I'm in and I shouldnt have to concern myself with that. We should have a way to select what server we want to join even if we're not in a WVW guild. We may someday want to and can join a guild on the server we selected but this implementation put us on different servers entirely and we cannot play the game mode together.

This is unacceptable.

This is what the alliances feature will allow once implemented. You just need to pick guilds in the same alliance and that alliance will be paired together.

This beta is more for building the backbone systems to get to the point where that system can be a reality. Be patient and understand this is a valuable 1 week test for the developers to help build a system that should satisfy you. 

• Like 1