World Restructuring Beta Update

I don't understand this negativity. They are trying to change one of the biggest game modes and it is bound to have issues. I mean, yeah it has been in talks for 4 years, but we all know the condition of the game in 4 years. This year, they started the project again and are being transparent with issues rather than give us a mess for a whole week. 

They will bring it back when it is fixed more. I am bummed out too as we had a lot of plans for this beta, but it's okay. Not the end of the world. It will come back.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2

Thank you for identifying the problems as fast as you guys did.

Some of us are aware what a beta is, which means things will probably break and by participating in said beta we're agreeing to post feedback, so things can be fixed before full release.

Some constructive feedback: I think the lack of UI updates confused many. I understand if this wasn't part of today's test and that we were just testing the "select primary WvW guild" and algorithm of matchups part. But many where generally confused when they were matched up - according to the UI in the WvW panel at least - with old servernames and/or servers they didn't belong to.

Personal example: I stayed in Armistice Bastion to monitor team chat. After the beta was initiated, I was still seeing the old servers and participated in the old team chat. When I re-logged, I was part of the new chat and new servers appeared in the UI - none of which is my home world. Finding the team name in the beta panel helped a bit, but that could have been more clear, and maybe forcing players out of WvW (Armistice Bastion included) would have cleared some of the confusion.

Personally I still have complete faith in you guys fixing these issues, and I hope you gained valuable data from this.

See you in a couple of weeks for the next beta test!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Booey Bubblehead.4890 said:

Anet, I can't even.  Why in the WvWvWvW would you NOT have tested this before making announcements let alone roll it out.  Over the past 4 years you have systematically chased away WvW-centered players.  Is that the whole point of this--to just abandon the WvW players and force them out.  Sure looks that way.

This was one of the tests. You participated in a live test with a lot of other players. Things broke. They'll fix them.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We've been waiting a couple hundred weeks now.  I don't think waiting a few more will be an issue.

I'm looking forward to the assessment of today as well.  Since I'm on NA, I didn't get to personally experience it, but a tangible Alliances beta has been delivered and I'm happy about that even if it kind of blew up in our faces.  It's not the dream, but it's still a win.

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, Grebcol.5984 said:

3. Only EU! Players with different Languages are in Teams with an other Language.

Is this really even a problem?
Go play SEA DOTA2, there are thousands of different languages there but we all play the game and adjusted to it, language barrier won't stop us from playing.
As matter of fact i learned hundreds of different curse words from different languages which i didn't know before what language meaning it is😁

But we just use simple English as a form of communication there, top, bot, mid, teleport, def etc etc etc

https://i.imgur.com/hUDVqXY.jpg

Edited by Norbe.7630
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, fabian.3269 said:

Well, what can Anet do about this? Most people can speak english anyway.

Yes, especially those with Mandarin keyboards whom I saw posting today on team chat. :classic_wink: Perhaps those were just trolls (likely), but the mix of languages was almost surreal. :classic_biggrin:

52 minutes ago, Grebcol.5984 said:

4. Multiple Display Bugs

Those are related to the current state of the DX11 beta. I opted out of it earlier today and recommend you do the same if you find those bugs to become rampant.

• Like 1