Never forget

vardeleanu.8972

25 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Catalyst have access to core weapons like Staff so it is related lol.

Anet was asking for feedback for: catalyst hammer skills, catalyst utility skills, catalyst traits (which includes the catalyst elite spec mechanic jade sphere).

If they are asking for feedback of an elite spec, they just mean feedback for the new stuff the elite spec brings, not for core stuff. You don't bring up feedback for core trait lines like fire either, just because catalyst could chose it as well.

These comments were rightfully deleted, asking for changes to staff is fine, but do it at the right place.

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Touchme.1097 said:

Before this thread gets deleted or locked I want to express my opinion. The devs know that Staff is performing poorly on Elementalist. Staff should be a Spellcaster most powerful weapon, they just simply don't care about this profession.

That's all

The thing is, in wvw zergs, its not that bad. Weavers regularly are on the top of the dps boards. Tho mot by much, but that's cuz flamejet and phase smash need slight nerfs.

For staff id say make lava font do damage on the first tick, and increase all the projectile speeds by at least 50% and id be happy. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, SlitheSlivier.1908 said:

The thing is, in wvw zergs, its not that bad. Weavers regularly are on the top of the dps boards. Tho mot by much, but that's cuz flamejet and phase smash need slight nerfs.

It depends really, yeah probably can get top on arcdps but that doesnt take into account all the barrier,boons and healing along with the rng nature of meteor shower that makes the damage easily negated, although i'd be alright if they buffed the damage a bit to other skills on staff

For staff id say make lava font do damage on the first tick, and increase all the projectile speeds by at least 50% and id be happy. 

Projectile speed probably won't help unless you want them thrown back at you quicker lol, Lava font should hit on cast, should of done that when they nerfed it by 40% because it was too strong in PvE :classic_sad:

Edited by Mini Crinny.6190

14 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

They deleted it because this feedback is unrelated to catalyst.

This isn't really true, though. The feedback was a direct result of the fact that they decided to give Catalyst a melee hammer when most people expected a ranged weapon, making it even more important to elementalist players than it already was that the staff feels good to play. 

I'm not even an ele main, and this whole fiasco has left me not feeling very good about stuff.

Edited by Einlanzer.1627
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, Einlanzer.1627 said:

This isn't really true, though. The feedback was a direct result of the fact that they decided to give Catalyst a melee hammer when most people expected a ranged weapon, making it even more important to elementalist players than it already was that the staff feels good to play. 

I'm not even an ele main, and this whole fiasco has left me not feeling very good about stuff.

It is still the wrong place to ask for staff changes.

The thread is specifically made for feedback on how to adjust the catalyst package before it's release. Requesting changes to the core set is derailing the thread off it's actual purpose.

This team needs to know what to do about CATALYST before they release the expansion. If people start spamming requests for the core classes in these threads, then the actual information they need, which is elite spec stuff, gets buried under requests for core.

You want changes to staff? Make an own thread about it or write in the already existing threads asking for staff changes. That request simply does not belong there, that's how it is.

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

It is still the wrong place to ask for staff changes.

The thread is specifically made for feedback on how to adjust the catalyst package before it's release. Requesting changes to the core set is derailing the thread off it's actual purpose.

This team needs to know what to do about CATALYST before they release the expansion. If people start spamming requests for the core classes in these threads, then the actual information they need, which is elite spec stuff, gets buried under requests for core.

You want changes to staff? Make an own thread about it or write in the already existing threads asking for staff changes. That request simply does not belong there, that's how it is.

The way he asked for changes might have been not really productive, but the place was not entierly wrong, as staff is really hard to play with the new specc catalyst as does not really have a proper amount of finishers and therefore to make the weapon useable it would need a rework. I dont see how the class mechanic of the stat boost is realized on dps with staff at all. I also dont see how in general dps is reazlized to work with catalyst on staff, or what niche staff is planned to cover on catalyst. On both tempest and weaver staff is at least useable as dps or support, generally all weapon comps are in some way useable. But for cata I dont really see that working really good, so catalyst, staff and elementalist in general would benefit from a rework 😁

12 minutes ago, Zunki.3916 said:

The way he asked for changes might have been not really productive, but the place was not entierly wrong, as staff is really hard to play with the new specc catalyst as does not really have a proper amount of finishers and therefore to make the weapon useable it would need a rework. I dont see how the class mechanic of the stat boost is realized on dps with staff at all. I also dont see how in general dps is reazlized to work with catalyst on staff, or what niche staff is planned to cover on catalyst. On both tempest and weaver staff is at least useable as dps or support, generally all weapon comps are in some way useable. But for cata I dont really see that working really good, so catalyst, staff and elementalist in general would benefit from a rework 😁

A core weapon does not have to work with an elite spec.

Easy example: double pistols with scrapper. Scrapper gets alot of barrier through power damage and the spec provides literally 0 benefits for condition builds. Double pistols are a pure condition damage weapon set.

That staff was usable for the other 2 elite specs is cool and all, but it is no requirement that all core weapons have to synergize with the spec. So again: the request for staff changes was misplaced there. Just accept it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

A core weapon does not have to work with an elite spec.

Easy example: double pistols with scrapper. Scrapper gets alot of barrier through power damage and the spec provides literally 0 benefits for condition builds. Double pistols are a pure condition damage weapon set.

That staff was usable for the other 2 elite specs is cool and all, but it is no requirement that all core weapons have to synergize with the spec. So again: the request for staff changes was misplaced there. Just accept it.

Ya they do and most of the time the core weapons have more effects on the elite spec then the elite spec wepon set. Its like saying trait lines from core class should have nothing to do with the elite spec.

Anet knows they are dead to right doing wrong to the ele class and are simply avoiding dealing with it in any real way.

1 hour ago, Jski.6180 said:

Ya they do and most of the time the core weapons have more effects on the elite spec then the elite spec wepon set. Its like saying trait lines from core class should have nothing to do with the elite spec.

Anet knows they are dead to right doing wrong to the ele class and are simply avoiding dealing with it in any real way.

They have to do with the elite spec in the sense that elite specs can use core weapons and trait lines, yes.

But my point is that the thread in which this got posted was specifically asking for feedback for the new features of catalyst, which are: the new elite spec weapon (hammer), new elite spec traits and the new elite spec mechanic (jade sphere).

You want staff changes, I understand and fully support this. But that was not the right place for demanding them, demanding changes to core aspects of elementalist is in the end just harming the development of the elite spec, which I don't think is your goal here. Demand staff changes in threads which are meant for that purpose, don't spam it randomly where it doesn't belong.

19 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

They have to do with the elite spec in the sense that elite specs can use core weapons and trait lines, yes.

But my point is that the thread in which this got posted was specifically asking for feedback for the new features of catalyst, which are: the new elite spec weapon (hammer), new elite spec traits and the new elite spec mechanic (jade sphere).

You want staff changes, I understand and fully support this. But that was not the right place for demanding them, demanding changes to core aspects of elementalist is in the end just harming the development of the elite spec, which I don't think is your goal here. Demand staff changes in threads which are meant for that purpose, don't spam it randomly where it doesn't belong.

It fits when you have an overwhelming population who wanted a "true ranged wepon" to just ignore it on anet end like that is just wrong. Staff and scepter even dagger being as they are now is importer to the cata class and the feedback of how ppl see it.