Suggestion: Instead of weekly Black Lion Goods rewards, give us Episode Tokens.

nastyjman.8207

Since ANet seems to be open with giving away free episodes on a weekly basis, maybe substitute the weekly Black Lion Goods rewards to Episode Tokens. When these Episode Tokens are used, it will unlock the oldest episode. That way, the tokens are limited to older episodes and not be used for newer ones. With that, ANet can still retain the "Return to ..." weekly Bonus Achievements like we have right now with LW4. And if players don't want to wait a week for a token, they can still purchase some episodes.

For those who have unlocked all the episodes already, you can convert an Episode Token for Black Lion Goods. Or trade the tokens for a specific item that's part of the Black Lion Goods' loot table.

This suggestion came up as I was playing with my partner, who I finally convinced to try GW2 and eventually get the expansions thanks to Amazon Prime. Now as he is nearing level 80, I am worried that he might get turned off by LW2 and the other in-between seasons since he needs to pay for them on top of the already bought expansion.

And if we're thinking ahead, I think this problem of buying the bundled expansion and then being told to pay for LW could leave people a bad taste in their mouth. The last thing we need is people bad-mouthing GW2 since it's finally getting more attention nowadays.

So, how about it? Instead of the Black Lion Goods, give us Episode Tokens, ANet!

EDIT:

Episode Tokens could be added to the BLTC in stacks of 1, 5 and 10.

And these tokens could be gifted as well. Right now, I wanted to give away LWS2 to my partner, but there is no way for me to gift that season to him.

---

Another suggestion (not by mine, but from another user in reddit) is to give away a season of your choice in the Chest of Loyalty.

And if that's too much for ANet/NCSoft, maybe some stacks of Episode Tokens.

Edited by nastyjman.8207

15 minutes ago, Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

Why not just ask for Season 2 to be unlocked for all players instead of asking ANet to redo the daily rewards and add a vendor? 

If I can choose the reward I want can I choose the most valuable one (to me) each time and never get the lesser value loot? 

The token will work similar to the Black Lion Statuette, in that you double-click it and choose the item you want.

Of course, the most valuable item would cost more tokens.

And I've had enough of those armor repair canisters, thank you very much.

2 hours ago, nastyjman.8207 said:

The token will work similar to the Black Lion Statuette, in that you double-click it and choose the item you want.

Of course, the most valuable item would cost more tokens.

And I've had enough of those armor repair canisters, thank you very much.

you didn’t answer my first question 

Why not just ask for Season 2 to be unlocked for all players instead of asking ANet to redo the daily rewards and add a vendor? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

you didn’t answer my first question 

ANet/NCSoft still wants to make money. So instead of giving the 2nd season for free, just give a free episode each week. And if some players want to accelerate their story, they can pay for more episodes or wait for next week.

Also, this post was inspired by this post:

Edited by nastyjman.8207

So instead of giving the 2nd season for free, just give a free episode each week.

1)  somehow I’m not seeing a big difference between the two except for some minor time gating

2) you still didn’t answer my question. If they’re giving them away for free, either weekly by Black Lion Chest or weekly by logging in or by just saying “here ya go, all of them” then why not just ask for Season 2 to be unlocked for all players instead of asking ANet to redo the daily rewards and add a vendor? 

if some players want to accelerate their story, they can pay for more episodes or wait for next week.

they can already do that and your suggestion doesn’t change anything on that point. 

again, 

why not just ask for Season 2 to be unlocked for all players instead of asking ANet to redo the daily rewards and add a vendor? 

I’m asking the reasons why your suggestion is better than just giving them away.

You say  “
ANet/NCSoft still wants to make money” how does your suggestion of a free weekly give away via black Lion Goods reward make them money in a way that a free weekly giveaway of S2 chapters by logging in does not? 

Edited by Just a flesh wound.3589
  • Like 1

Oh, another thing that came to mind while thinking about this:

Episode Tokens could be added to the BLTC in stacks of 1, 5 and 10.

And these tokens could be gifted as well. Right now, I wanted to give away LWS2 to my partner, but there is no way for me to gift that season to him.

---

Another suggestion (not by mine, but from another user in reddit) is to give away a season of your choice in the Chest of Loyalty.

And if that's too much for ANet/NCSoft, maybe some stacks of Episode Tokens.

Edited by nastyjman.8207
  • Confused 1